Breaking News! Trump Signs Historic Peace Document With North Korea

5 hours ago, betsy said:

Trump has always said he wanted to take the soldiers back home from South Korea.  I heard that in his campaign!   

....Compare that with the Liberals plan to use CPP to invest in the 65 year old leaky pipeline!  Lol.

So true...what has Trudeau done for "peace" in Koreas compared to Trump and Kim....nothing.

Canadians died in the Korean War, but now Canada has taken a back seat on the world stage.

On this "file", Trump matters a lot more than Trudeau.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So true...what has Trudeau done for "peace" in Koreas compared to Trump and Kim....nothing.

Canadians died in the Korean War, but now Canada has taken a back seat on the world stage.

On this "file", Trump matters a lot more than Trudeau.

Trump will matter less and less as he continues to alienate himself and his country.   

Edited by dialamah

5 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

It's reducing U.S. influence and granting concessions while getting nothing in return but a vague promise that was already made many times before. If you are opposed to strong U.S. leadership in the world (like Putin and many others), I agree that it's a great thing.

Sure, because no other nation in the world wants/needs "strong U.S. leadership in the world"....because it has so little with Justin Trudeau.

• Like 1

After having read all the posts in this thread so far it's obvious no one has seen or heard the brilliant tactic the US used on Kim. I was listening to the radio on the way home and they were discussing the movie that the Trump administration had made, actually a movie trailer. They also played the audio part of it. It's well known that Kim is obsessed with basketball and movies so the Trump administration played to that. Of course I can't remember it word for word but it was something along the lines of "will this man be the one who ushers in a new age of peace and progress? Will his name be remembered as the one who helped reshape the world and bring a new future? etc, etc. It depicted Kim as the hero, the movie icon, exactly what he loves. So how come no other administration figured out that this was a great way to reach him? As I said, brilliant.

Now I want to find the trailer, apparently it's full of powerfull images, and no doubt some pretty powerfull subliminal messages.

12 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Uh...because they used to have standards and weren't trying to appease a murderous dictator. Now it's an "honour" for the U.S. president to shake his hand. That was not a line they would cross before.

Oh sure...a U.S. president would never cross that line....not with Stalin, or Mao, or Castro (Castro is Canada's favourite dictator...Trudeau family friends).

11 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Oh sure...a U.S. president would never cross that line....not with Stalin, or Mao, or Castro (Castro is Canada's favourite dictator...Trudeau family friends).

No, no president declared it an "honour" to shake any of their hands. That's full out piss-tape subservience.

5 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

No, no president declared it an "honour" to shake any of their hands. That's full out piss-tape subservience.

OK...you don't like Trump..we get it, but don't pretend that other U.S. presidents and Canadian prime ministers have not shaken the hands (and far more) with "dictators".

Trudeaus did it, as a family, and publicly mourned Fidel Castro's passing.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 minute ago, AngusThermopyle said:

Okay, so I found the movie style trailer and I have to say it's the perfect vehicle to reach Kim, stroke his ego, in a good way. The video is embedded in the article.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-kim-white-house-movie-trailer-1.4702790

Thanks...I wanted to see this video too.

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

OK...you don't like Trump..we get it, but don't pretend that other U.S. presidents and Canadian prime ministers have not shaken the hands (and far more) with "dictators".

Trudeaus did it, as a family, and publicly mourned Fidel Castro's passing.

OK...you like Putin..we get it, but don't pretend that other U.S. presidents declared it an honour to hake hands with a dictator.

Please tell me more about Trudeau to show how much it makes you uncomfortable to talk about your subservient president.

5 minutes ago, AngusThermopyle said:

Okay, so I found the movie style trailer and I have to say it's the perfect vehicle to reach Kim, stroke his ego, in a good way. The video is embedded in the article.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-kim-white-house-movie-trailer-1.4702790

Something tells me you wouldn't be so happy if Obama were stroking Kim in a good way. But Trump can do no wrong in your eyes, I guess.

Just now, BubberMiley said:

OK...you like Putin..we get it, but don't pretend that other U.S. presidents declared it an honour to hake hands with a dictator.

Please tell me more about Trudeau to show how much it makes you uncomfortable to talk about your subservient president.

No, let's also talk about Paul Martin in Libya....because...you know...Canadian PM would never, ever shake hands and honour a "dictator" !

www-theglobeandmail5.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Nice try, but Paul Martin didn't say it was "an honour" to shake his hand. That's what I referred to. You can wish that was precedented, but it's not.

I don't know what Paul Martin said when he was kissing Gadaffi's dictator ass to get oil services contracts for Canadian companies, and neither do you.

That's all you got? Maybe a Canadian PM was as prostrate to a dictator as Trump was. If that were the case, at least he got oil services contracts. Trump gave Kim everything he wanted and got nothing  in return but a vague promise that Jimmy Carter can tell you will likely be broken.

USA! USA!

36 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Something tells me you wouldn't be so happy if Obama were stroking Kim in a good way. But Trump can do no wrong in your eyes, I guess.

Here you go with your TDS again, it really is a sickness with you.  I never said anything about Obama, quite frankly he's irrelevant at this point. What I did say is that this is a brilliant tactic, which it is. Everyone knows that Kim is very child like in many ways. what better vehicle to catch the attention of a child than something a child loves? You fill their heads with glorious and grand visions and let them know that those visions could be a reality. It's a hard bait to resist, for anyone, and it appears to have worked.

9 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

That's all you got? Maybe a Canadian PM was as prostrate to a dictator as Trump was. If that were the case, at least he got oil services contracts. Trump gave Kim everything he wanted and got nothing  in return but a vague promise that Jimmy Carter can tell you will likely be broken.

USA! USA!

Trudeau was more than prostrate towards Castro, he was fawning in a maudlin and sickening way that caused world wide derision. What oil services contracts did he get from Castro? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AngusThermopyle said:

Trudeau was more than prostrate towards Castro, he was fawning in a maudlin and sickening way that caused world wide derision. What oil services contracts did he get from Castro? 

Yes sir...no doubt about that..this is from the PM's own office upon Castro's death:

The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement on the death of former Cuban President Fidel Castro:

“It is with deep sorrow that I learned today of the death of Cuba’s longest serving President.

“Fidel Castro was a larger than life leader who served his people for almost half a century. A legendary revolutionary and orator, Mr. Castro made significant improvements to the education and healthcare of his island nation.

“While a controversial figure, both Mr. Castro’s supporters and detractors recognized his tremendous dedication and love for the Cuban people who had a deep and lasting affection for “el Comandante”.

“I know my father was very proud to call him a friend and I had the opportunity to meet Fidel when my father passed away. It was also a real honour to meet his three sons and his brother President Raúl Castro during my recent visit to Cuba.

“On behalf of all Canadians, Sophie and I offer our deepest condolences to the family, friends and many, many supporters of Mr. Castro. We join the people of Cuba today in mourning the loss of this remarkable leader.”

https://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2016/11/26/statement-prime-minister-canada-death-former-cuban-president-fidel-castro

Edited by bush_cheney2004

51 minutes ago, AngusThermopyle said:

Here you go with your TDS again, it really is a sickness with you.  I never said anything about Obama, quite frankly he's irrelevant at this point. What I did say is that this is a brilliant tactic, which it is. Everyone knows that Kim is very child like in many ways. what better vehicle to catch the attention of a child than something a child ...

Trump supporters (and Trump) are so good with projection as a weaponized political tactic. Now It's the other guys who are childlike in many ways...

You're the puppet! You're the puppet!

18 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Trump supporters (and Trump) are so good with projection as a weaponized political tactic. Now It's the other guys who are childlike in many ways...

You're the puppet! You're the puppet!

Sorry, but Obama didn't protect you from Kim or Putin either....so why are you depending on Donald Trump to do it ?

If you fear Putin so much, have Canada go over there and do something about him instead of whining about Trump.

4 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I don't know what Paul Martin said when he was kissing Gadaffi's dictator ass to get oil services contracts for Canadian companies, and neither do you.

Yep, just following in the USA footsteps like Rumsfeld and his dealing with Hussein.  Or how the US kisses the Saudi ass.

7 hours ago, GostHacked said:

It is but, I there is no way to be an adult about it when you have a guy like Trump in the White House.

Like one of the pundits had explained, Trump was never a politician before this.  He's not cut from the same mold as politicians you're used to.  He's a businessman, and he ran for office as a businessman (he want to run things as he would a business)......so, he's dealing like a businessman.   He's got his own style.   Yes, he may be loud, and brutally frank....and he doesn't mince words....and he want to have his way.......but, that's him.   Hate him or not, we'll have to deal with him.

Telling him to pound sand is immature......and it will hurt us.   Now, if you don't mind us getting into a recession.....I'd say go for it.  If it makes you feel any better to hurl childish insults, well, do what you have to do.

Me.....I'm pointing my finger at the one whom I believe had caused this.  Trudeau.

Edited by betsy

7 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Yep, just following in the USA footsteps like Rumsfeld and his dealing with Hussein.  Or how the US kisses the Saudi ass.

At least.....unlike Trudeau......they're not kissing the ass of an OUT-GOING president!  That really takes the cake!  :D

What's Trudeau thinking?   We all could see that Trump got this thing going with Obama - and there goes our PM, blatantly taking sides!

Edited by betsy