Homosexuality In The Bible

betsy

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

You know you're right Adam reproduced asexually too when you really think about it.  What spawned his daughters-in-law is anyone's guess however.

I pretty sure Noah would have been flummoxed by the Wrasse.

You can't explain your own "argument?" 

Hey.....you're the one who brought it up......:lol:

Edited by betsy

Back on topic, regarding the OP request for examples of homosexuality in the Bible, this one is, as the kids say, hot.

“No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.”

Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”

“Then, Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!”

10 Jesus answered, “Those who have had a bath need only to wash their feet; their whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you.” 11 For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not every one was clean.

12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

Back on topic, regarding the OP request for examples of homosexuality in the Bible, this one is, as the kids say, hot.

Really? Homosexuality?  You see homosexual act in that? 

KIDS!  Yes, you got that right!  Bang-on!  Horny, hormone-running-amuck kids!  Those in their puberty - or teens!  It's said that these age-group seems too preoccupied with sex!

Younger kids find it cool, too - and they usually burst into fits of giggles -  when terms like "fart," or "boobs," are mentioned (no matter what context it is).  :lol: 

But what secular kid really reads the Bible?  Go on....try it - read a Bible verse to a kid, and let's see if he'll stick around with you! 

So....who's the "kid" you refer to, who says that's "hot?" :D

Who are the kids here who think and say that?  Let's see who else thinks like that .........let's keep track of anyone who gives your comment a like. :D  Let's see.......<scrolled up to see your post again>

Oh boy!  very-shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif

Certain folks seem to equate homosexual sex in every interaction between two males.  Kinda remind me of something that was said about pedophiles:  they view every interaction between an adult and a child as sexual in nature. I suppose, if we equate what you see in that verse.....that's kinda like a pedo who sees pedophilia with a father innocently bathing his young son.

Like I've said before - even "male-bonding" seems to have been brought on to an entirely new level.....by those obsessed with homosexual activities.....or, the thought of it.  

I mean, what more can I say if certain folks are obsessed with homo sex?  That's not what this topic is all about.

Let's get back on topic.

Edited by betsy

Back on topic, regarding the OP request for examples of homosexuality in the Bible

Btw...... 

What request?  Where does it say in the OP that there's a request for examples of homosexuality?? 

You must've confused this thread with another forum.

The OP had tackled one main argument that insists homosexuality is allowed in the Bible  - that creation of male/female is merely for procreation purposes.

Edited by betsy

20 hours ago, betsy said:

Really? Homosexuality?  You see homosexual act in that? 

KIDS!  Yes, you got that right!  Bang-on!  Horny, hormone-running-amuck kids!  Those in their puberty - or teens!  It's said that these age-group seems too preoccupied with sex!

Younger kids find it cool, too - and they usually burst into fits of giggles -  when terms like "fart," or "boobs," are mentioned (no matter what context it is).  :lol: 

But what secular kid really reads the Bible?  Go on....try it - read a Bible verse to a kid, and let's see if he'll stick around with you! 

So....who's the "kid" you refer to, who says that's "hot?" :D

Who are the kids here who think and say that?  Let's see who else thinks like that .........let's keep track of anyone who gives your comment a like. :D  Let's see.......<scrolled up to see your post again>

Oh boy!  very-shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif

Certain folks seem to equate homosexual sex in every interaction between two males.  Kinda remind me of something that was said about pedophiles:  they view every interaction between an adult and a child as sexual in nature. I suppose, if we equate what you see in that verse.....that's kinda like a pedo who sees pedophilia with a father innocently bathing his young son.

Like I've said before - even "male-bonding" seems to have been brought on to an entirely new level.....by those obsessed with homosexual activities.....or, the thought of it.  

I mean, what more can I say if certain folks are obsessed with homo sex?  That's not what this topic is all about.

Let's get back on topic.

Why was he not wearing his clothes while washing their feet?

Why was he not wearing his clothes while washing their feet?

:rolleyes:

Weren't they wearing long robes in those days? Use your imagination:  In a positive way - with some common sense thrown in.    Stop right there. Let's not mesh sexual fantasies with the discussion! 

Upon His head He must always have worn the turban, the national headgear, used alike by rich and poor . . . The turban He wore was probably white. It was fastened under the chin by a cord, and at the side fell down to the shoulders and over the tunic. Under His turban He wore His hair rather long*, and His beard uncut. His tunic, the underneath vesture, was of one piece without seam, it was therefore of some value, and had probably been given Him by one of those women who "ministered unto Him of their substance." Over this He wore the talith, loose and flowing. This mantle was not white, for we are told it became white during transfiguration.

http://www.bible-history.com/links.php?cat=39&sub=464&cat_name=Manners+%26+Customs&subcat_name=Men's+Clothing

What's wrong with taking it off before you kneel down and start washing the feet of many disciples?    Wearing something long, gets in the way, not to mention of it getting wet!   Go ahead - try it yourself. 

Men taking off their clothes in the presence of other men, you automatically associate that with homosexuality too? 

Boy.....if we go with that kind of thinking - all these male athletes must be all homosexuals since they take showers and parade naked in their bunker rooms! 

Edited by betsy

JULES:  Whoa... whoa... whoa... stop right there.  Eatin' a bitch out, and givin' a bitch a foot massage ain't even the same fuckin' thing.

VINCENT: Not the same thing, the same ballpark.

JULES: It ain't no ballpark either. Look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but touchin' his lady's feet and stickin' your tongue in her holiest of holies ain't the same ballpark, ain't the same league, ain't even the same fuckin' sport. Foot massages don't mean shit.

VINCENT: Have you ever given a foot massage?

JULES: Don't be tellin' me about foot massages. I'm the foot fuckin' master.

VINCENT: Given a lot of 'em?

JULES: Shit, yeah. I got my technique down, man. I don't tickle or nothin'.

VINCENT: Have you ever given a guy a foot massage?

Jules looks at him a long moment – he's been set up.

JULES: Fuck you.

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Jules never touched a guy's feet. How is that irrelevant?

You're just going to ignore the simple, logical reason why Jesus had to take off His clothes before washing the feet of many disciples?  Typical among liberals.

Suit yourself. 

Edited by betsy

2 minutes ago, betsy said:

You're just going to ignore the simple, logical reason why Jesus had to take off His clothes before washing the feet of many disciples?  Typical among liberals.

I've never removed my clothes when washing or massaging someone's feet.  When I went to a Mosque in Cairo, there was lots of foot washing going on, but nobody removed any clothing except their shoes. 

Anyway, Jesus recognized and accepted homosexuals as evidenced by his reference to "Eunuchs who were born that way" in Matthew 19.  That is how gay people were referenced in that time period.

In the ancient world, including ancient Jewish culture (as reflected in the Talmud), “natural” or “born” eunuchs were not associated with missing testicles. Rather, they were associated with stereotypically effeminate characteristics and behavior (just like modern gay men), and were thought by Rabbi Eliezer to be subject to “cure” (just like modern gays). Moreover, as we have also seen, eunuchs were commonly associated with homosexual desire. 

On 3/14/2018 at 5:56 AM, betsy said:

:rolleyes:

What inconsistencies?  How do you know?  What's to be taken literally, or figuratively?

Two hundred years ago - did anyone think of an expanding universe, as described?  You do know that the Bible isn't meant to be a science book, right?  And yet, some of its writings are being proven true by science.  Big difference.

Betsy, in the very same breath you admit the Bible isn't a scientific text, you say that it's writings are being "proven true" by science. That is a contradiction. If you're talking about something being proven true by science, you are talking about science having the support of the bible. Which means you're using it as a scientific text, albeit indirectly.

Also, you've already made up your mind. In your original post, you stated you wanted to discuss the issue and find out if that is the case. You already made your mind up, however. Is that a "discussion" at all? More of a lecture, to me.

Also, is your "rebuttal" (On page one) coming from a conservative Christian source, or a more liberal one? Because it all depends on whom you ask. There is room for interpretation of the Bible (especially when you do not speak ancient Greek, Aramaic, Hebrew, etc. yourself.)

Another thing: I didn't choose to be gay. If you were gay you'd know that. I know very few gays who say they actually "chose" it. Why would God make people gay only to condemn them to hell? Sounds a bit like the Calvinist "predestination" theory (which I understand conservative Christians in the U.S. reject.)

Edited by JamesHackerMP

44 minutes ago, JamesHackerMP said:

Betsy, in the very same breath you admit the Bible isn't a scientific text, you say that it's writings are being "proven true" by science. That is a contradiction. If you're talking about something being proven true by science, you are talking about science having the support of the bible. Which means you're using it as a scientific text, albeit indirectly.

No, it's not a contradiction.  

Yes, I say that the Bible isn't meant to be a science book....but that doesn't mean that just because I'm pointing out science happens to prove some of its statement as facts, that the Bible is therefore, a science book!

No, I'm not using it as a science text - not at all!

I'm simply pointing to the fact that science shows certain verses  in the Bible can be taken literally - that they're supported by science.  I'm showing that only the Creator can know details about His creation!

Also, is your "rebuttal" (On page one) coming from a conservative Christian source, or a more liberal one? Because it all depends on whom you ask. There is room for interpretation of the Bible (especially when you do not speak ancient Greek, Aramaic, Hebrew, etc. yourself.)

Read the snippet that I'm rebutting.

My main rebuttal is taken from Genesis itself.  I gave a logical responses. 

You don't have to leave your parents to procreate!  Therefore, the creation of male/female is not ONLY for the purpose of procreation!  There is more to it than that!  It's a marriage, for one - as shown that the woman is referred to as a wife!  Check it out.

Genesis 2

22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Edited by betsy

38 minutes ago, JamesHackerMP said:

Another thing: I didn't choose to be gay. If you were gay you'd know that. I know very few gays who say they actually "chose" it. Why would God make people gay only to condemn them to hell?

Some people said they couldn't help it if they love someone else.....and committed adultery in the process. 

Why would God create man, so that he can fall in love with someone other than his spouse? 

Why didn't God create  man to be faithful to his spouse?

Why would God create man to easily fall into sin.....and then condemn him to hell, if he doesn't repent?

Why did God create the sexual act so pleasurable  - if it's going to be the pitfall of so many?

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Some people said they couldn't help it if they love someone else.....and committed adultery in the process. 

Why would God create man, so that he can fall in love with someone other than his spouse? 

Why didn't God create  man to be faithful to his spouse?

Why would God create man to easily fall into sin.....and then condemn him to hell, if he doesn't repent?

Why did God create the sexual act so pleasurable  - if it's going to be the pitfall of so many?

Care to answer any of those questions?

16 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Probably you shouldn't speak for Him, then.

Yoooo-hoooooo?   Wakey-wakey. 

I wasn't speaking for Him.  I was quoting the words in the Book that He gave to us!

Good grief.

Edited by betsy

If there is any doubt that Genesis 2 is more than just  for mere procreation -

Genesis 2

22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

.......even Jesus referred to it!!

Matthew 19

And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Marriage (the union of a male and female), is the "cause" for a man to leave his parents and will cleave to his wife!

Edited by betsy

17 minutes ago, betsy said:

Yoooo-hoooooo?   Wakey-wakey. 

I wasn't speaking for Him.  I was quoting the words in the Book that He gave to us!

Good grief.

.....with your own interpretation. 

AND started a thread to let all the homos know they are going straight to hell.

Wakey, wakey - you're speaking for Him.

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

.....with your own interpretation. 

AND started a thread to let all the homos know they are going straight to hell.

Wakey, wakey - you're speaking for Him.

You better read the OP - and try to understand what you read. 

Btw, speak for yourself.  You're giving your own interpretation as to why I created this thread. 

Cite. 

Where did I say homosexuals are going straight to hell??

Edited by betsy

12 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You did just say this, did you not?

READ!  Read what you quoted, for crying out loud!

I said fall into sin!  There are many sins that can condemn us to hell!

Why would God create man to easily fall into sin.....and then condemn him to hell, if he doesn't repent?

I added what is taught by Christ!  To repent!

As a way of  correcting the blanket statement of James that all homos are condemned to hell!  Don't you understand? 

Good grief!

Why aren't you outraged about adulterers  when I raised it up as a MIRROR to James' question?  Why do you think I did that?  Can you guess? 

If you're going to engage me....at least, read.

Stop trying to reason with your emotions!  You're blinded by it, it seems.  Keep it in check.

Edited by betsy

6 minutes ago, betsy said:

Stop trying to reason with your emotions!  You're blinded by it, it seems.  Keep it in check.

LOL  I'm not starting threads to judge people - whether they be homosexuals or adulterers.  Maybe you're the one who should keep your emotions in check......

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

LOL  I'm not starting threads to judge people - whether they be homosexuals or adulterers.  Maybe you're the one who should keep your emotions in check......

Bye, Goddess.  Obviously, the OP went over your head.  Meh.  What more can I say?

Edited by betsy