Removal of Cornwallis statue.

taxme

Well, it is looks like the start of Canada trying to get rid of some of it's past British history in Canada. A statue of Edward Cornwallis has now been removed from a Halifax park because it was found to be offensive to a certain ungrateful indigenous segment of our society. Cornwallis founded Halifax and a statue was put up to recognize and honor him. But apparently some were not quite happy with the statue being there and demanded that the city of Halifax take it down. And so the Mayor of Halifax gave in to them and took it down. 

After the statue was taken down organizer Susan Patles said with a laugh as she stood atop the empty concrete pedestal that the view from the empty concrete pedestal was great. She then went on to say that "it is our view now because we are taking over...it's time for the indigenous uprising". Is it on the warpath time now? According to Patles her aim is to eliminate anything that has to do with Cornwallis. That should never be allowed. Maybe she should stop and think about the time when the Indians in Canada before the white man came along were out there always trying to kill others from another tribe. The Huron and the Iroquois hated each other so much that they would go out and try to kill one another just for something to do I guess. The white man put a stop to that barbaric practice. But we won't mention that fact. 

Yes, there may have been some things that were done against the Indians in Nova Scotia but is this just the beginning where anything that has to do with Canadian British heritage may have to be eliminated so no one else will be offended some where else in Canada? This may only be the start of it. And just who are these politicians anyway to go over the heads of the rest of the Halifax tax paying citizen's anyway? Did they not ask the other citizen's first as to whether this statue should stay or go? Whether some people may have a problem with statues of someone that celebrates our British history there is no good reason to take those statues down. This statue stood in this park for 85 years. This can only start to breed more animosity towards people who are out to try and eliminate our British heritage. What happened in the past is over. Cornwallis probably did more good than bad for the Indians. But hey, it would appear as though these days anything that has to do with our British WASP past heritage well it has to go. We don't want to offend anyone else anymore now do we? Let us just give in to them for the sake of peace dam the history. 

Source: EuroCanadian website. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I grieve for a statue, it represented all that was right with the British invaders. How they offered a cash bounty to anyone who killed a Mi'kmaw person. Future generations would call it genocide, but I just prefer to call it spring cleaning.

It's called war.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

A bounty on people is not war, it is a crime against humanity. Do you think Donald Trump should offer a bounty on Mexican's heads?

The natives invented the taking of scalps, and they attacked the British largely for money, paid by the French, who also paid them for British scalps. Cornwallis did nothing wrong, morally, ethically or legally.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

A bounty on people is not war, it is a crime against humanity. Do you think Donald Trump should offer a bounty on Mexican's heads?

All part of war. And Cornwallis was fighting a war. You'd wretch over the bounties Nazis had...during the WAR.

Just now, Gingerteeth said:

What is lost by the removal of the statue? The knowledge there is about him exists in books and internet. 

The removal of history as well as criminalizing his behaviour. 

Are you aware why Cornwallis issued a bounty on the Mi'kmaq to the other tribes in the region? (Only a few Mi'kmaq were actually killed in this fashion).

Was he just a big meanie or what?

;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_Le_Loutre's_War

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

The removal of history as well as criminalizing his behaviour. 

Are you aware why Cornwallis issued a bounty on the Mi'kmaq to the other tribes in the region? (Only a few Mi'kmaq were actually killed in this fashion).

Was he just a big meanie or what?

;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_Le_Loutre's_War

You have proved my point by posting a history article from wikipedia.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:28 PM, ?Impact said:

War crimes

There was no such thing. Nor was there anything remotely like 'international law' at all. You're trying to transit your hand-wringing progressive social justice beliefs into the past.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, ?Impact said:

Mommy, Johnny killed Billy so I killed Mark and Joe. I did nothing wrong - morally, ethically, or legally (well ok, if I make the rules then that applies).

There were no rules. And fighting back is not immoral, even when the person who attacks you is a minority. You don't have to apologize when someone punches you, you know, even if their skin isn't white. 

Edited by Argus

On 2/16/2018 at 4:39 PM, bcsapper said:

I would have left the statue up.  Too bad if people don't like it. 

But I didn't know it was there until I heard it was being removed, so I probably won't lose any sleep over it.

I think that everyone should lose some sleep over this because this may just be the beginning of more statues to come falling down. The woman did say that they were pretty much on the anti-British warpath. 

On 2/16/2018 at 3:49 PM, ?Impact said:

War is war. One must do what one must do to survive. Scalping the heads of a live or dead person is pretty much barbaric. Did the British do anything like that to the Indians at the time? NO.

Trump is doing the right thing by kicking out all those illegal MS13 murdering gang members and Mexicans that are in America illegally collecting tax dollars for free and in some cases murdering white people. Obama did not seem to have a problem with it. Of course Obama was not all that crazy about white people anyway. But hey.