Removal of Cornwallis statue.

taxme

On 2/16/2018 at 6:20 PM, Gingerteeth said:

Removing a statue of a person isn't a removal of history. 

Spoken like a true bleeding heart liberal. Taking down the statue of Cornwallis is removing a part of our Canadian heritage and history. Hello? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Well it was a rather shitty part so... goodbye.

The French allied natives were just sitting there...minding their own business...when Darth Cornwallis showed-up with the Death Star....zapping poor defenseless...non-violent...natives due to his inherent hatred of all things brown.

Is that close to your version of history?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

The French allied natives were just sitting there...minding their own business...when Darth Cornwallis showed-up with the Death Star....zapping poor defenseless...non-violent...natives due to his inherent hatred of all things brown.

Is that close to your version of history?

No, the present just matters more is all.  Cornwallis was an asshole - its satisfying when assholes are consigned to the trash-heap of history for being such assholes.

Edited by eyeball

23 hours ago, eyeball said:

No, the present just matters more is all.  Cornwallis was an asshole - its satisfying when assholes are consigned to the trash-heap of history for being such assholes.

You and the Indians need to get over the past. The damage has been done. Live with it. Not all those "assholes" were "assholes". It was those "assholes" that stopped those Indian "assholes" from constantly trying to kill one another just for the sport of it. Try and give some credit to people like Cornwallis and others instead of always trying to appear to be oh so emotional and politically correct and attacking them any chance you can get. I as a white person does not need to be reminded constantly of what other white people did in the past. I as a white person had nothing to do with what happened in the past. To keep reminding me of what some white people did in the past comes close to being an act of racism. Just saying. 

7 hours ago, taxme said:

I would prefer to stop giving those Indians any more tax dollars. They only blow it and never put that money to good use anyway except maybe to whine about how hard done by they are. 

We know you would, but then they are worth less than other Canadians according to you. For example the lie told by the previous administration about on-reserve school funding compared to provincial funding of schools in Ontario omitted the important fact that a high percentage of first nations children are in northern areas and the funding falls way short of provincial funding for students in northern communities.

On 2/20/2018 at 8:35 PM, eyeball said:

The present you just mentioned is now the past.

11 hours ago, taxme said:

You and the Indians need to get over the past. The damage has been done. Live with it. Not all those "assholes" were "assholes". It was those "assholes" that stopped those Indian "assholes" from constantly trying to kill one another just for the sport of it. Try and give some credit to people like Cornwallis and others instead of always trying to appear to be oh so emotional and politically correct and attacking them any chance you can get. I as a white person does not need to be reminded constantly of what other white people did in the past. I as a white person had nothing to do with what happened in the past. To keep reminding me of what some white people did in the past comes close to being an act of racism. Just saying. 

Some folks side with the French but not the British, it seems.

:D

49 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Wow, you actually get that times change. 

Some people impress easily.

Meanwhile, you're free to pretend there wasn't a war going on and that Cornwallis was just being a racist to a certain tribe...but not others.

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You're free to pretend everyone else gives a shit about the Great Powers and their squabbles.  F^#* 'em.

Native tribes certainly did...supporting the British or French in their wars...including the Micmac...who supported the French in their war against Britain. 

Just now, eyeball said:

None of which excuses Cornwallis and the people he represented for being such cornholes.

If you say so...doubt anyone cares what you think, mind-you.

What it boils down to is that had the Micmac not slaughtered British settlers for their French masters, there would have been no need to offer a bounty to the pro-British tribes for Micmac scalps...of which there was like...two...three...total handed-in. Not many, either way. Blown out of proportion next to the slaughtered settlers....more of them total.

But, hey...they're the wrong skin colour for you to care about that...

:)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Whether it was 3 or 300,000 the thought is what mattered. If you're in for a penny you're in for a pound as far as complicity in terror and murder goes.

You're free to support the murder of British settlers by the Micmac. I don't mind.

6 hours ago, ?Impact said:

We know you would, but then they are worth less than other Canadians according to you. For example the lie told by the previous administration about on-reserve school funding compared to provincial funding of schools in Ontario omitted the important fact that a high percentage of first nations children are in northern areas and the funding falls way short of provincial funding for students in northern communities.

I never said that Indians were worthless. I just said that Canadians need to stop being forced to give their tax dollars/free money to the Indians where some of those tax dollars are being used to attack our British white history. What history has Indians have to be proud about? What did they ever do to make the world great? There is no doubt about it that Cornwallis and others did help to make their lives better something they will never admit ever. 

Will you at least admit that thanks to people like Cornwallis the native Indians are not killing each other anymore like they once did? 

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Whether it was 3 or 300,000 the thought is what mattered. If you're in for a penny you're in for a pound as far as complicity in terror and murder goes.

Hello. The Indians were slaughtering each other long before the white man showed up. The Indians were no strangers to killing other Indians. But we won't mention that, eh? Our secret. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

I never said that Indians were worthless. I just said that Canadians need to stop being forced to give their tax dollars/free money to the Indians where some of those tax dollars are being used to attack our British white history. What history has Indians have to be proud about? What did they ever do to make the world great? There is no doubt about it that Cornwallis and others did help to make their lives better something they will never admit ever. 

Will you at least admit that thanks to people like Cornwallis the native Indians are not killing each other anymore like they once did? 

That's the trouble with assigning victim-hood status to a party clearly involved in murderous behaviour of their own. For every victim there are oppressors...that must be the evil Europeans. Not the innocent Natives...

One need only substitute the warring parties with others to see how stupid this whole affair is...