There is no such thing as the "Palestinian people" - Tool of Arab Propaganda

jbg

32 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Ethnic-cultural distinctiveness and political independence frequently do not go together e.g. Basques, Catalans, Kurds, Scots, Welsh and Canada’s First Nations. Any group of people that tends to marry each other becomes distinct. I would regard it as self-evident that Lebanese and Jordanians, for example, are different, let alone Egyptians who are obviously distinct from both in many physical and cultural ways. Even in English, one can hear the difference between the pronunciation of a Lebanese and Egyptian speaker. Lebanon’s history has been as a trading nation and this is reflected in the achievements of its diaspora that includes one of the richest men in the world, Mexican entrepreneur Carlos Slim. This story is repeated many times, particularly in the Americas, the Middle East and West Africa. In this sense, Lebanon and Jordan, carved out of the Ottaman Empire in a hurried and arbitrary fashion, have distinct identities. I would put the Palestinians in an intermediate category, distinct from indigenous Jordanians. 

Countries are artificial constructs. Their current, temporary form is a product of historical accidents. Without the fortunate events of the Revolutionary and 1812 wars, and possibly the American Civil War, no Canada. 

That's wonderful.

My point stands. The Arabs started a war and then promptly LOST...not in the plans. Now they want a do-over. 

Do you think Germany should be given a chance to 'get it right'? Give Germany back the regions it lost to Poland during the war. Ethnically cleanse all the Poles out of Prussia and Pomerania and then let Germany run the show. What if they decided to conduct a terror campaign to convince us all that this should happen? Would that be okay?

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

The Jews get a do-over.

Zionists BOUGHT their land. And they also won against far superior odds that attacked them unprovoked. The Arabs you champion started the war after following an escaped Nazi.

What's your attraction to the Palestinian Cause, again?

17 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Zionists BOUGHT their land. And they also won against far superior odds that attacked them unprovoked. The Arabs you champion started the war after following an escaped Nazi.

What's your attraction to the Palestinian Cause, again?

Either way, the Jews got their do-over. 

And no I do not champion the Arabs.  IF you don't like having words put in your mouth I suggest you stop doing the same to others, but if you continue to do so, I also suggesting keeping your mouth shut when it happens to you. Stop your crying.

Edited by GostHacked

3 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Either way, the Jews got their do-over. 

And no I do not champion the Arabs.  IF you don't like having words put in your mouth I suggest you stop doing the same to others, but if you continue to do so, I also suggesting keeping your mouth shut when it happens to you. Stop your crying.

You're free to attempt to seize Israel with your army and hand it all over to the PLO. That's how it works.

• Like 1

On 2018-02-17 at 4:37 AM, DogOnPorch said:

Zionists bought the land fair and square...then the Ottoman Empire went bye-bye. They have as much right to a country as say...Syria or Lebanon or Egypt...etc...all former Ottoman Empire lands. Few Arabs BOUGHT land as it meant serving in the Ottoman military and paying property taxes. Some did, however...like the Hashemites and al-Husseinis. 

So can I buy a country? 

On 2018-02-17 at 3:09 PM, DogOnPorch said:

That's wonderful.

My point stands. The Arabs started a war and then promptly LOST...not in the plans. Now they want a do-over. 

Do you think Germany should be given a chance to 'get it right'? Give Germany back the regions it lost to Poland during the war. Ethnically cleanse all the Poles out of Prussia and Pomerania and then let Germany run the show. What if they decided to conduct a terror campaign to convince us all that this should happen? Would that be okay?

:rolleyes:

There’s also a peculiar tendency in the Anglosphere to constantly compare the enemy du jour to Nazis. It may not always be the best choice, especially when a variant of the ‘might is right’ argument is being proferred. 

6 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

There’s also a peculiar tendency in the Anglosphere to constantly compare the enemy du jour to Nazis. It may not always be the best choice, especially when a variant of the ‘might is right’ argument is being proferred. 

You're free to support the Palestinian Cause. It doesn't matter if the movement was started by an actual Nazi. Well...It doesn't matter to you, let's say.

On 2/22/2018 at 4:51 AM, DogOnPorch said:

You're free to support the Palestinian Cause. It doesn't matter if the movement was started by an actual Nazi. Well...It doesn't matter to you, let's say.

Actual Nazis. You're going to spend your life back there? What about Hitler's supporters in the royal family and the British aristocracy? What about Henry Ford and all the other Americans and Brits Hitler admired way more than any Palestinian? That's a bit closer to home for both of us, eh? And what about the Anglo-American alliance with Stalin? Conflict makes for strange bedfellows. Nobody's hands are clean. We are murderous tribal creatures. Even you.

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2018 at 2:49 AM, marcus said:

Today? Sure. That's what happened after the Nakba. Many Palestinians were driven out because of the violence committed against them and their positions. They ended up taking refuge in other countries and they are growing in numbers. They will not be given citizenship, because Israel would use that as an excuse to further push for their expulsion from their land.

In the early 1900s, almost all Jewish European settlers in Palestine had very little genetic connection to the original inhabitants of the land, which is their cornerstone argument that been used as their justification to colonize Palestine.

Why didn't that happen to the Sudeten Germans expelled from Czechoslovakia or the Germans expelled from Pomerania?

• 2 months later...

Translation: People who have lived there for centuries and who had their land stolen from them are just a myth and don't deserve to have a state there, but European settlers who moved to that land, are magically the eternal owners of the land and deserve to have a state of their own.

The chutzpah to suggest such a narrative is beyond ridiculous.

59 minutes ago, Hudson Jones said:

Translation: People who have lived there for centuries and who had their land stolen from them are just a myth and don't deserve to have a state there, but European settlers who moved to that land, are magically the eternal owners of the land and deserve to have a state of their own.

The chutzpah to suggest such a narrative is beyond ridiculous.

Really ?   Why is the very same scenario celebrated in the U.S. and Canada  (i.e. First Nations) ?

Why is there a different standard for Israel ?

6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Really ?   Why is the very same scenario celebrated in the U.S. and Canada  (i.e. First Nations) ?

Chutzpah.  Why do you celebrate it?

Why is there a different standard for Israel ?

Good question, why doesn't Israel negotiate treaties too?

35 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Chutzpah.  Why do you celebrate it?

Good question, why doesn't Israel negotiate treaties too?

Same reason you do....or are you going  to leave the land/water to those who came before ?

Treaties are made to be broken...Canada and the U.S. broke them all.

From what I understand if you are born in the occupied territories, your probability of dying there is 99%.  There is no way to escape that even if one wanted to, and even if that person does not support the Palestinian government.   That's a death sentence.

9 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Same reason you do....or are you going  to leave the land/water to those who came before ?

I'm quite welcome to live where I am - surrounded by land and water that is under native jurisdiction.

Treaties are made to be broken...Canada and the U.S. broke them all.

Maybe in your neck of the woods.

On 2/17/2018 at 4:50 PM, GostHacked said:

The Jews get a do-over.

Explain the do-over. Do you mean a do-over from the Nazi Holocaust?

On 2/21/2018 at 9:05 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

So can I buy a country? 

You can buy land and if you bring enough people to work the land and/or form an economy, sure.