Justin Trudeau - The Fundamentalist Enabler

betsy

Just now, eyeball said:

$10 says the courts will settle that.

I wouldn't be surprised.  Canada is filled with liberal judges.

Logical reasoning would be my guess.

If not complaining about those is due to logical reason....then, those who complain about the face coverings now are illogical!

Not me.

So, you're saying we should be able to wear a bikini to court?

Except for those covering their faces. 

No.  Read again. And understand what was explained.

I am a Secular Liberal. I am for banning all extremist ideologies. Islam's objective is to convert everyone to Islam. People who are not converting to Islam should be killed or they should pay a tax to Islamic institutions. That is their stated ideology. 

So making this about masking/unmasking is just playing around the corner. The problem is with the ideology. We should not accept in Canada subscribers to extreme ideologies. We should encourage and accept as refugees real dissidents who are fighting against those ideologies.

The evolution of mainstream Liberalism towards Regressive-Liberalism is the worst thing that happened to Liberalism, in Canada and in US, and is what produced the current disgusting US Prez. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bubble Burst said:

I am a Secular Liberal. I am for banning all extremist ideologies. Islam's objective is to convert everyone to Islam. People who are not converting to Islam should be killed or they should pay a tax to Islamic institutions. That is their stated ideology. 

So making this about masking/unmasking is just playing around the corner. The problem is with the ideology. We should not accept in Canada subscribers to extreme ideologies. We should encourage and accept as refugees real dissidents who are fighting against those ideologies.

The evolution of mainstream Liberalism towards Regressive-Liberalism is the worst thing that happened to Liberalism, in Canada and in US, and is what produced the current disgusting US Prez. 

I agree....except for the "disgusting" part. :)

Some say Quebec didn't do enough. 

When a young Muslim person starts adhering to extremist practice like wearing the burqa, and goes against his own Muslim family over it......that should be a red flag for possible radicalization.

Edited by betsy

Is there any recent poll about that?  Scrums from Question Period say about 75% of Canadians support Quebec's ban - but that they're  secretly cheering about it.

In 2015

Majority of Canadians agree with Conservatives over niqab ban, poll finds

Eighty-two per cent of those surveyed supported the requirement that people show their face during Canadian citizenship ceremonies, while 15 per cent opposed it

http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/majority-of-canadians-support-conservatives-niqab-ban-poll-finds

If the poll is true, Harper's position on it couldn't have been the reason why he lost the election.

'A bill that was promised': Support for Quebec's religious neutrality bill holds steady

Majority of Quebecers say they are in favour of legislation, poll results show

Eighty-seven per cent of Quebec respondents surveyed by the Angus Reid Institute in early October said they support the bill, while six out of 10 Quebecers "strongly support" it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/bill-62-support-in-quebec-1.4366032

Now we know why Trudeau didn't come out swinging. 

Edited by betsy

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

Same reason our ancestors did.

I think Europeans came to America to take the land from the Native Americans for themselves and in the process they killed most of the original inhabitants (directly or indirectly).

Are you claiming that Islamists are now invading the Western world with the same purpose and that is a good outcome?

1 hour ago, Bubble Burst said:

I think Europeans came to America to take the land from the Native Americans for themselves and in the process they killed most of the original inhabitants (directly or indirectly).

Are you claiming that Islamists are now invading the Western world with the same purpose and that is a good outcome?

Umm sure, why not? You believe whatever you want there chief.

In the meantime there's little doubt a huge number of our ancestors came here to escape many intolerable old world conditions, including dictators.

There were probably decent human beings amongst them who likewise didn't have any issues with the people they met upon arriving.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

In the meantime there's little doubt a huge number of our ancestors came here to escape many intolerable old world conditions, including dictators.

That was later, the original ones were predators.

I have nothing against welcoming Muslim dissidents trying to escape that horrible ideology and the dictatorial theocracies it generates. However if they are escaping dissidents, they would not honor the ideology they escaped from by wearing the compulsory uniforms of that ideology. I know that because I know a few of them.

On the other hand, if you are a fanatical follower of a particular Islamist sect in war with a different sect, I don't think your best place of refuge is the Western Secular World, and we should not accept the spread of hate.

19 hours ago, eyeball said:

Same reason our ancestors did.

I beg to differ.  Not the same.

Ancestors embraced the culture and values of this nation when they came.

That's how Canada has been founded (British and French), and had developed from DIVERSED PEOPLES (Europeans, Asians etc.).  Diversed, yes.  But most, if not all, wanting the same vision!

ANCESTORS OF DIVERSED PEOPLE WERE ATTRACTED TO CANADA DUE TO ITS VALUES AND CULTURE, AND SHARING AND WANTING THE SAME VISION.

When you have a group of people coming in, and not wanting to "submit" to the culture of this nation .......

...........then what you've got is a hostile invasion!

Edited by betsy

On 10/22/2017 at 9:12 PM, Bubble Burst said:

Banning religions is neither Liberal nor liberal.  Denial of the existence of moderate Islam is a tactic xenophobes typically use to punish Muslims for the crimes of extremists.

Like who?  Often those fighting the ideologies have their own problems also.

Really?  The US President is also trying to ban people of that religion from coming to the US.

I think Bill 62 in Quebec was stupid but is a direct result of trying to a politically very popular sentiment that Quebecers don't want the full face covering.

The Justice Minister of Quebec has now retracted previous statements and says Muslims can keep their faces covered in public and on the bus but if they are asked to show their face to verify a bus pass they will have to which I argued makes sense. I also argued trying to tell people what to wear in public through the government is a very slippery slop. The Part Quebecois wants a law that will have police enforce what can be worn in public. That is just not realistic.

I have argued  on specific situations we need to see the face to ascertain identity, in others you do not. No you want to go up to a bank teller wearing a full face covering, don't expect that to be o.k.

From a practical perspective, face coverings in certain situations in our society is a security issue. False identity theft and fraud is a fact.

I argue we have to balance individual freedom and the right to dress how we want (a fundamental democratic right) with security issues that might be caused in specific situations by a face covering AND issues dealing with the timing and place for wearing coverings other than security.

Full face coverings are offensive to modern, progressive women and men who believe it is a symbol of repressive sexual fascism.

To see people like Eye posing as righteous trending liberals whole supporting sexual fascist symbols is par for the course. Liberals like him can't imagine their shit stinks and the ideologies they embrace are not only fascist but ridicule the very values Eye thinks he is hip to.

Make no mistake,-the signal our government is sending is two faced. It slams Christian fundamentalism and supports Muslim Fundamentalism at the same time. The Prime Minister of this country attacked the Conservative opposition leader for being Catholic and suggesting his Catholic fundamentalist beliefs will render him bias as a Prime Minister and this is coming from someone who sat in mosques and welcomes with open arms the support of Muslim fundamentalists who openly preach against Jews and Christians.

Trudeau will stand up in Parliament and wax poetic about Islamophobia but when an Imam who teaches at Ryerson gives a speech openly calling for the killing of Jews, Trudeau says NOTHING.

My point is simple. Don't tell Christians they can't celebrate their holidays or beliefs publically and then in the next breath defend the rights of Muslims to do the same.

Don't like Trudeau did single out a Catholic politician and smeer him for being anti-abortion and then in the next breath represent Muslim fundamentalists with the identical anti-abortion beliefs.

I detest religions and philosophies used to tell women their freedom comes from covering themselves up. I think its a mentally unhealthy, repressive, sexually fascist, ignorant, prehistoric approach to healthy gender awareness and violates and contradicts everything democracies stand for  and what healthy minds need and want it challenged, condemned, fought against, debated, but ultimately as a conservative I believe that should be done by people in the open in respectful debate not imposed by government agencies.

Don't smeer Conservatives of being Christian fundamentalists while claiming to be a righteous hip Liberal while embracing Muslim fundamentalism.

I think people like Eye posing as hip leftists and then embracing sexual fascism are full of it-they are oblivious to the contradictions in their message.

I say the contradictions have to be balanced and therefore myself, I have no problem with Christians embracing religious symbols in public and for that very reason don't have a problem with Muslims wearing full coverings. However there is a time and place and I don't give a damn what belief you have, if you cover your face while being a witness in court, or when asked to swear an oath, or confirm your identity, lift that hood.

As well, for me personally, I find hoods inappropriate if they cut off side vision and the individual is operating machinery or driving a school bus, etc. I do not think religious symbols trump safety requirements

Muslim women who want to embrace face  coverings choose to limit their access to the public. They can't have it both ways and expect to exclude themselves when its convenient to them but expect everyone else to accommodate them. You want to serve me as a government official or at a public counter take it off. If you are in private business, keep it on and I don't do business with you. Its that simple.

You want to cover yourself up that is your choice but do NOT shove or impose your beliefs on me. You want me to respect your right to exclude yourself, respect my right to exclude you for excluding yourself. Its a two way street.

So I agree with Besty's blunt comments that started this thread. I also defer to her point which is absolutely true that the call to ban burkas is not only the domain of right wingers and I would add to what Michael H said that banning or non banning of religious symbols is not something particular to any political ideology. It transcends left and right stereotypes.

Conservatives value individual freedoms being left alone by the state and prefer to manage things without government imposition-Liberals prefer the state as the agent of imposing things on individuals.  Liberals are now imposing a fractured, contradictory mess of a message saying come to Canada and bring your anti democratic views with you because we tolerate intolerance.

Me I find all religious symbols from people who are representing the government a potential problem. I have no problem with a head covering but NO you want to serve the public you can't cover your entire face.

That's my opinion. Some people want to go further and demand any appearance of religion in the civil service to avoid getting into absurd arguments about when someone's  religious symbols go too far.

I go back to the swearing in ceremony for citizens. If someone chose to cover their head in a baklava saying it is part of their religious beliefs at a swearing in ceremony it would never be allowed.  Someone dressed in Satanic attire for a Canadian citizenship swearing in ceremony including full hood cover probably would be told to leave but not fully covered Muslim woman.

That's an inconsistent message. Liberals select the trend or flavour of the day. This same Liberal party that called Jews rats and vermin and sent them back to their death in Hitler's Germany now pose as lovers of refugees and immigrants-so much so they have signalled the world anyone can crash our borders now and come in illegally and there are no legal consequences.

The reason? Its real clear. Its selective discrimination based on the perception that anyone breaking into Canada is worthy of anything Canadians have. Its automatic entitlement now symbolized by alleged refugees taking charter buses to the Canadian borders, then driven by taxis with their suit cases to illegal border crossings  where they come across and the RCMP and border guards are reduced to carrying their bags.

Excuse me but things are out of control. There is a lack of common sense, morality, ethics and need to follow laws. This current government sabotaged the Immigration laws deliberately. It believes the minority vote will re-elect it and identify with the illegals coming in. Trudeau is a racist and believes an African Canadian, Siekh Canadian, Muslim Canadian, identify with the needs of their own people first, and will vote based on their voting for what best suits their own ethnicity and not the entire country.

Its a racist assumption minorities are myopic and only vote for things of direct benefit to their ethnic group.

Trudeau is creating open tribes of interests which he appeals to tribe members to join and put before a collective Canadian identity. He creates divisions to pander to them to get elected.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2017 at 2:28 PM, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

Enlighten me Argus, why is the Western world participating in all those battles over there?

Trying to stop the slaughter. And no, it is not oil.