Compensating Khadr

7 hours ago, betsy said:

Yes, it does.  The time-line from when the first leaked news that the government was going to settle (and the widow filed her case in Canada practically the same day), to the time the cheque was expeditely given, and promptly cashed - it stinks!

Peter McKay voiced that concern over the timing of the pay-out, at one of the news channel.  He said that the injunction filed by Speer was pushed back a few days.  That he hope the government didn't do it purposefully on "stealth," so as to deprive the widow of Speer.

The Liberals protected Khadr!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/omar-khadr-settlement-federal-government-guantanamo-bay/article35581403/

For those who quickly raise the gender card - take note that the Liberals deceitfully deprived a widow with two children!

https://www.therebel.media/speerkids_com_help_us_raise_1_million_for_omar_khadr_s_victims

How often does a soldier's family get to sue an enemy for damages when a soldier's killed in a war?

Never heard of such a thing.

What about the other US soldiers who died in Afghanistan? Are their families suing anybody?

If Speer's colleagues, US soldiers who shot 15 year old Omar in the back, had succeeded in killing him, this conversation wouldn't be happening.

Maybe she should be suing the US military for sending Speer out without a helmet. Tragic. 

Edited by jacee

3 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

Liberals, and of course liberals wont play that card.  Have a look around, look at Sweden, Germany and anywhere else in the western world, muslim men rate higher to these people than western women - we see it every day.  This is no surprise.  Where is the outrage from feminists?  

Such a load of hooey.

I thought you were smarter than that, Hal.

Edited by jacee

5 minutes ago, jacee said:

Such a load of hooey.

I thought you were smarter than that, Hal.

Absolutly!  There's Ayaan Hirsi Ali for one, right?

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when those to whom they are doing it pretend everything is just fine - Not Blaise Pascal

24 minutes ago, jacee said:

Tragic

What is really tragic is all the Afghans who the US illegally slaughtered. The US has been using the Afghan people, just as they use myriad other poor peoples as pawns, not the least bit worried about killing millions. 

Looking back in 1998, Brezinski had no regrets. "What was more important in the world view of history?... A few stirred-up Muslims or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the Cold War"

Deeply evil people, the USA. 

25 minutes ago, jacee said:

Maybe she should be suing the US military for sending Speer out without a helmet. Tragic

Also I think the evidence Khadr actually threw the grenade is suspect. The testimonies given at the "kangaroo court" at Gitmo conflict.

16 minutes ago, hot enough said:

What is really tragic is all the Afghans who the US illegally slaughtered.

Well duh. When people are slaughtered its "illegal". I mean, have you ever heard of the "legal" slaughter of people?

All 350 million?

16 minutes ago, capricorn said:

Well duh. When people are slaughtered its[sic] "illegal". I mean, have you ever heard of the "legal" slaughter of people?

Never so evil as when it is the illegal invasion of a sovereign nation, where the initial supreme war crime causes many more crimes to be committed, and the US/UK/... own them all. 

And I've noticed that you are a big supporter of such evil. 

All 350 million?

Try to use your brain, capricorn, that's what it was placed there for.

22 minutes ago, Omni said:

Also I think the evidence Khadr actually threw the grenade is suspect. The testimonies given at the "kangaroo court" at Gitmo conflict.

There is no evidence that he threw that grenade.

There is no evidence that he was a combatant at all.

No one ever said he was armed, no spent ammunition, grenade pins, nothing.

It was the other man found alive who was armed, but out of ammo. It's likely safe to assume that he had just thrown his last grenade. He was AlQuaeda, a friend of Omar's father. Omar was in his care.

US soldiers executed him, a violation of the rules of war.

They know who threw the grenade.

5 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Try to use your brain, capricorn, that's what it was placed there for.

Well, at least I know what to say the next time I'm accused of Islamophobia...

39 minutes ago, hot enough said:

What is really tragic is all the Afghans who the US illegally slaughtered. The US has been using the Afghan people, just as they use myriad other poor peoples as pawns, not the least bit worried about killing millions. 

Looking back in 1998, Brezinski had no regrets. "What was more important in the world view of history?... A few stirred-up Muslims or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the Cold War"

Deeply duped.

54% of the budget spent on wars-of-aggression-for-profit, paid for by American taxpayers who never see a penny from the resources stolen from the countries the US invades.

They're just meekly paying for wars that make billionaires even richer.

Duped.

17 minutes ago, jacee said:

It was the other man found alive who was armed, but out of ammo. It's likely safe to assume that he had just thrown his last grenade. He was AlQuaeda, a friend of Omar's father. Omar was in his care.

Too bad Khadr's lawyers didn't have you on their team. You could have wrapped up that trial in no time.

16 minutes ago, jacee said:

Deeply duped.

54% of the budget spent on wars-of-aggression-for-profit, paid for by American taxpayers who never see a penny from the resources stolen from the countries the US invades.

They're just meekly paying for wars that make billionaires even richer.

Duped.

Everything that is wrong in the world can be traced back to the USA. No nation that has been at war for 93% of its years as a "nation" can be called a country/nation. They are nothing more than a rotating band of gangsters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

"Sleep deprivation is an inconvenience".  Ignorance personified right here.   Sleep deprivation causes hallucinations, mania, psychoses.  It is torture.  

Khadr's rights were violated and there is a good evidence he was completely innocent and his confessions were coerced.  Thank goodness Canada doesn't blithely violate people's rights like Egypt, SA, etc., but I understand - some Canadians think personal vendettas and hatred are much more important than respecting our own principles.  Good on our government for sticking with our principles despite the Conservative push to abandon them.

Bull!  In fact chances are, if he was building and setting bombs, he killed many more people than just the one US solider.

5 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Bull!  In fact chances are, if he was building and setting bombs, he killed many more people than just the one US solider.

We will never know whether any of the casualties he caused were Canadian soldiers. Not only are this guy and his jihadist family enemies of Canada, I would not be surprised if Omar Khadr is a sociopath.

A summary of facts read in court at the war-crimes tribunal of Omar Khadr reveals new details about the five war crimes to which the Guantanamo Bay prisoner has confessed. The summary states: “During an interview in October 2002, Khadr stated he felt happy when he heard that he had killed an American. Khadr indicated that when he would get “pissed off” with the guards at Bagram, he would recall his killing of the U.S. soldier and it would make him feel good.” Khadr also confirmed that he was a member of al-Qaeda and that the “happiest moment of his life” was when he built and planted roadside bombs aimed at killing Americans and other ‘unbelievers’ who were then in Afghanistan. The summary also describes Khadr’s father Ahmad, who was killed in raid in 2003, as a “trusted senior member of al-Qaida” who “helped raise funds and provided the funds in support of al-Qaida operations.” It also confirmed that Khadr does not fit the definition of prisoner of war under the Geneva conventions.

http://www.macleans.ca/general/khadr-felt-happy-when-his-grenade-killed-u-s-medic/

1 hour ago, jacee said:

You're so hell bent on protecting everything about this guy that you're now inventing scenarios to completely absolve him of everything.  

Wait a minute though - Now that I read it again, it all makes sense;  Omar was just tagging along with his dear ol' pop, dad got into some sort of trouble and in an effort to protect him son, he leaves Omar with a babysitter.  Omar and the babysitter - doing nothing wrong of course, get ambushed by the Yanks.  Omar's babysitter does everything to protect little Omar and that means emptying his gun and throwing all his grenades - while Omar presumably hid (we don't know where or why they had so much ammo and grenades, and I guess we shouldn't ask).  The Americans shoot the nanny and Omar - they proceed to save Omar's life, only so they can drag him back to the USA and trump up charges on the kid.  

10 minutes ago, Omni said:

Except there is no solid proof he did even that.

No, there is no proof of the amount of people dead by Khadr's hand, My response is directly countering all you people who want to absolve him of everything.  There is never going to be full proof on anything that happens in a war, however, logic and common sense would suggest that Khadr is responsible for more deaths than just one man.  

Edited by Hal 9000

27 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

No, there is no proof of the amount of people dead by Khadr's hand, My response is directly countering all you people who want to absolve him of everything.  There is never going to be full proof on anything that happens in a war, however, logic and common sense would suggest that Khadr is responsible for more deaths than just one man.  

Logic and common sense tells me that in war zones there are usually a lot of dead people.Having been in a couple.

46 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

You're so hell bent on protecting everything about this guy that you're now inventing scenarios to completely absolve him of everything.  

Wait a minute though - Now that I read it again, it all makes sense;  Omar was just tagging along with his dear ol' pop, dad got into some sort of trouble and in an effort to protect him son, he leaves Omar with a babysitter.  Omar and the babysitter - doing nothing wrong of course, get ambushed by the Yanks.  Omar's babysitter does everything to protect little Omar and that means emptying his gun and throwing all his grenades - while Omar presumably hid (we don't know where or why they had so much ammo and grenades, and I guess we shouldn't ask).  The Americans shoot the nanny and Omar - they proceed to save Omar's life, only so they can drag him back to the USA and trump up charges on the kid.  

You, Hal, are so invested in believing the biggest liars of all time, the war criminals, the terrorists, the murderers of millions. What kind of a "human" are you?

4 minutes ago, hot enough said:

You, Hal, are so invested in believing the biggest liars of all time, the war criminals, the terrorists, the murderers of millions. What kind of a "human" are you?

:lol: Your unique style of slapstick comedy is starting to grow on me. :lol: