Kathleen Wynne plays the Trump card, announces $15 minimum wage by 2019!

Just now, taxme said:

So why all the whining and crying from businesses then? It's all a write-off anyway, and as you said, the raise is passed on to you and me the consumer. What's the problem here anyway? I guess the only one that really wins here is the government. Raise the wages, and receive more taxes. They give you a break in one way, but then take it back another way. 

Government is always the problem, never the solution. 

Small business already has an uphill battle. Nobody wants a $15.00 cup of coffee...etc.

34 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Small business already has an uphill battle. Nobody wants a $15.00 cup of coffee...etc.

There is no business around that is going to sell a $15.00 cup of coffee.  Why would you say that anyway?  

Just now, taxme said:

There is no business around that is going to sell a $15.00 cup of coffee.  Why would you say that anyway?  

If your workers start costing you more...you either charge more or go out of business. Yet there's a limit to more. Try to keep up.

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Is that we we have such an high third world immigration rate then? Bring them here by the hundreds of thousands every year so we can pay them less. It would appear as though most businesses and corporations like it when Canada allows more third world immigrants come to Canada. They get to make and be able to put more money in their bank accounts. :o

As my old German pappy would say, "Bull-eye". :D 

53 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

If your workers start costing you more...you either charge more or go out of business. Yet there's a limit to more. Try to keep up.

But get real, eh? $15.00 coffee? Ain't going to happen, pardner. Trying to keep up on some of your replies is not that easy a task to do. But I am really trying to keep up with you. Really. :D 

Just now, taxme said:

But get real, eh? $15.00 coffee? Ain't going to happen, pardner. Trying to keep up on some of your replies is not that easy a task to do. But I am really trying to keep up with you. Really. :D 

There'a a limit to more as you point out yourself.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

There'a a limit to more as you point out yourself.

There is going to be a limit as to how much longer I want to keep talking with you on this topic. There really is a limit to more.  :D

25 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Dummy...we agree. (smack)

Well, even you can appear to be a dummy at times with some of the replies that you throw up here.. Just saying.

Besides, I never said that I was a genius, at least not just yet. But I am not far from being one though. How about you? Just asking.  :P  

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Well, even you can appear to be a dummy at times with some of the replies that you throw up here.. Just saying.

Besides, I never said that I was a genius, at least not just yet. But I am not far from being one though. How about you? Just asking.  :P  

Why I oughta...

:lol:

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Well, if you are buying, I will be there. Timmy's I hope? Can I have one of those special $25.00 coffees?   :D

Oh yes, most certainly...complete with cost cutting measure from that Mom & Pop outfit, Timmy's. Hey....what's this dollar for a pack of sugar crap???

6 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Oh yes, most certainly...complete with cost cutting measure from that Mom & Pop outfit, Timmy's. Hey....what's this dollar for a pack of sugar crap???

I will pay for the sugar myself, but just one pack for you and me, ok?  I don't like Starbucks, I am Canadian and I want you take me to Timmy's. If not, the deal is off. :D

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

I will pay for the sugar myself, but just one pack for you and me, ok?  I don't like Starbucks, I am Canadian and I want you take me to Timmy's. If not, the deal is off. :D

My old man used to like the freakin' coffee at Burger King...nearly killed me.

Okay, how about some facts in this discussion then. Here's a fact. Using the CRA tax calculator and plugging the new wage in shows that an employee will make an additional $104 per week. After taxes they will take home an extra $51.97 a week. The government will take an extra $52.03 a week. The government is getting a better raise than the employee. So, how far do you think that extra $51.97 a week will go as prices rise to compensate for the wage increase. Do you honestly think this raise will be impetus behind what many erroneously call "a living wage"? Do you believe it will create a "living wage"?

The only real Wynner here is the Ontario Liberal party. They buy votes, increase revenue and also create a platform for lots of virtue signalling and self righteous sermonizing. They're playing people for suckers and the suckers are eagerly gobbling it up.

16 minutes ago, AngusThermopyle said:

Use the calculator for yourself. It's there for anyone to use.

Sure.  Let me explain that when you make a claim it's on you to back it up.

But sure let me do your job for you absolutely, that will give me a chance to debunk the horse shit easily.

Entering an increase from $11.60/hr to $14/hr on a 40 hour week increased the weekly provincial deduction for income by $5.53.

If you care to go try it yourself to dispute my numbers, I would be interested in any corrections.

12 hours ago, AngusThermopyle said:

Okay, how about some facts in this discussion then. Here's a fact. Using the CRA tax calculator and plugging the new wage in shows that an employee will make an additional $104 per week. After taxes they will take home an extra $51.97 a week.

I don't know what tax calculator you're using but that is nonsense. There is no way in hell their taxes go up by 50% of the increase. At that level they mostly don't even pay taxes given the provincial and personal federal exemption amounts.