Arkansas hurries to execute convicts before drugs expire

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

That is your opinion not the many others who believe that the death penalty works for them. Liberalism has really got a hold of most peoples brains. They keep saying that it is cheaper and more humane to keep murderers alive in prison for forty of fifty years. Would you want to be locked up in a cell for all those years until you die? At least with right-wingers the use common sense and logic as the rule of the day. Liberals run on emotion and foolishness. So typical. 

People are locked up to protect public safety, not to appease the wishes of the perpetrators, some of whom may well have a preference to be executed than face a lengthy jail term, but that's not up to them. I suggest many others would prefer to spend their time behind bars putting their efforts into working with the rehabilitation program, such as we at least try to do in Canada, so they can once again wake up and smell the daisies, or whatever flower they wish. 

On 4/29/2017 at 1:31 AM, Omni said:

Um, apparently you forget I'm a Canadian so I don't' have to pay all those taxes covering costs death penalty appeals. I though we already covered that, speak of waking up and smelling the coffee!

Well, the topic was about Arkansas and the death penalty, uhmm? But it would most likely work out to be the same in Canada. It would cost more to keep a murderer in jail than it would to execute them. 

1 minute ago, taxme said:

How can you believe that it is more expensive to execute someone rather than just keep them in jail? I told you already that it most likely will cost millions of tax dollars before some murderer dies in jail. It cannot cost anywhere near that much to execute someone. Those liberals, judges and lawyers will feed people like you any bull they can to try and convince you that it is cheaper to keep someone in prison for life. Come on get real will you. They are the spreaders of propaganda but you just refuse to believe it. Your problem, not mine.

Your problem seems to be you don't believe the facts that have been provided for you because they belie your stance. 

6 minutes ago, taxme said:

....It cannot cost anywhere near that much to execute someone.

Agreed...it is just more obfuscation by the lefties to attack capital punishment, which in and of itself is not more costly than a lifetime of imprisonment.

The majority of the world's population live in countries with the death penalty.  

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Well, the topic was about Arkansas and the death penalty, uhmm? But it would most likely work out to be the same in Canada. It would cost more to keep a murderer in jail than it would to execute them. 

Arkansas is a state, one of a number in the US that maintain the death penalty. This thread is specifically about Arkansas hurrying to conclude their current list of pending executions because their drugs for lethal injection are expiring and drug companies who supply them have cut them off because that is not what their drugs were originally designed for, and they don't want their names attached to a barbarous activity such as state sanctioned murder. The costs would equally higher to execute someone in Canada as you have been shown they are in the US.

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

People are locked up to protect public safety, not to appease the wishes of the perpetrators, some of whom may well have a preference to be executed than face a lengthy jail term, but that's not up to them. I suggest many others would prefer to spend their time behind bars putting their efforts into working with the rehabilitation program, such as we at least try to do in Canada, so they can once again wake up and smell the daisies, or whatever flower they wish. 

Ya, try telling that bull to someone who has lost a dear family member to a murderer? I know that I would want to have that animal put down. And who is going to hire a known murderer even after that have been rehabilitated? Ya, so they get rehabilitated, and get to smell the daisies while the murdered victim gets to push the daisies up for them to smell. Again you are typical of most liberals who only give a dam about the accused rather than the victim. You don't sound to human to me. 

6 minutes ago, Omni said:

Your problem seems to be you don't believe the facts that have been provided for you because they belie your stance. 

Forget about it, and believe what ever the hell you want to believe, and I will do the same. Hashing this topic over and over again with you is getting beyond boring now. Tah-tah.

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Agreed...it is just more obfuscation by the lefties to attack capital punishment, which in and of itself is not more costly than a lifetime of imprisonment.

The majority of the world's population live in countries with the death penalty.  

With all lefties, common sense and logic will never sink in to their heads. They are just to emotional and full of foolish talk to try and reason with. Truly they are an exercise in futility. Aw well, and they even get to vote. Wow. 

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Boy you haven't done your homework on this one. Maybe too busy watching CBC for some real news.

Just now, taxme said:

With all lefties, common sense and logic will never sink in to their heads. They are just to emotional and full of foolish talk to try and reason with. Truly they are an exercise in futility. Aw well, and they even get to vote. Wow. 

The first clue is just how much energy some (left leaning) Canadians invest themselves in this topic, knowing full well that polls in Canada support the death penalty for certain crimes.   

3 hours ago, taxme said:

It cannot cost anywhere near that much to execute someone.  

You already were presented with the evidence above which you seemed to acknowledge, at least in terms of recognizing "the high cost" ( Your words. )

Do you forget these things ?  I have noticed you do this in the past, and it makes it difficult to get a discussion going much less invest trust in it.

2 hours ago, taxme said:

And you are presented with facts, which you promptly forget or ignore.  Then you post this.

11 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Death penalty opponents often cite such studies as proof of the cheaper life sentence assertion, but the studies are flawed and tilted to favour just such a conclusion.  

Anything that proves your view wrong must be "tilted or flawed". I guess we've all heard that nonsensical approach a time or two. But go ahead and keep your vicious approach to justice, but hey hurry up, you are falling behind, you're number five behind China, Iran, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia. 

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

He may be right, though.  At least he is addressing the points and discussing, rather than posting as an amnesiac.

Well the data I have researched shows he is "dead" wrong, (pardon the expression) but I hear you on the amnesia problem.

12 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The high costs and lengthy delays for death penalty appeals are created by the very same people who want to abolish the death penalty.

Such costs should not be included in the analysis.

The major portion of the costs are born from the fact that there is a well founded fear of killing innocent people. Recall the people who were on death row when DNA proved their innocence? That's where the costs come from and could be reduced significantly by simply following Canada's lead. Of course I understand that you have per capita a lot more killers to deal with. So much for the deterrent value of the death penalty.

19 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Why would we want to rehabilitate a murderer and put them back into the public?  They're murderers!  What ever happened to punishment for your crimes?  Am I still allowed to say punishment or does that make me a fascist hate monger?

I don't know about you but I think 25 years behind bars is punishment.

3 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

They don't always get 25 years.  Karla Homalka got less than 10 for killing 3 young girls, did she get punished enough?   

She plea  bargained her sentence down. It happens, in this case to get to Paul Bernardo.