EVIDENCE FOR GOD

betsy

22 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Yes, the common Creationist default. In light of no answer - ergo God. Sorry, but believing in magic is something most of us left behind in our childhood.

Without a solid basis to determine right and wrong, you have no valid argument.   The Holy Bible is the only valid basis.  Everything else is subjective or man-made opinion.  What right to one person might be wrong to another person. That's the definition of anarchy.

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

God has already saved him.  He's home free.  If he's not in prison for the questionable charges, he does about 900 speaking tours a year.  He is the evolutionist's worse nightmare because he makes it very clear.

900 a year? Now I know you are talking out your ass.

3 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

900 a year? Now I know you are talking out your ass.

The article about him which I posted earlier on here says " He was very successful, giving 900 speeches and debates per year in schools, universities, and churches as well as appearing on radio and television. "   That may have been 25 or 30 years ago and not now.  It included a number of venues and broadcasts and could have been an average of 900 in a year. I gather he was very popular.  There are many evangelical christians in the U.S.  

9 hours ago, ?Impact said:

Atheism is a label created by bible thumpers on others to excuse their complete lack of any evidence of God. A fairy tale is not evidence of anything but an active imagination.

When you claim there is a "complete lack of any evidence of God" then you show me you are a liar. 

Edited by John Prewett
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ?Impact said:

You own fake Dr. Horvind said weather the creator is God, Allah, or Jehovah is a different question. So why should the Bible be valid?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind#Federal_mail_fraud_and_criminal_contempt_trial_in_2015

This guy ?  He's got a lot of brushes with the law.

8 minutes ago, blackbird said:

How did life produce itself from nothing?  It's never been proven or shown to happen by itself.

Ergo God, yet again you use that ill logic.

We know that the molecules that form life are compounds of some very basic elements (oxygen, hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, sulphur and phosphorus). After you educate yourself by reading the works of Douglas Theobald that I linked above, you should move onto the works of Jack Szostak.

It is fine to say life is just a bunch of chemicals and shit, if that's what you like. But you really devalue the complexity and elegance of DNA, or that most complicated magnificent organ in the known universe, the human brain. Combine this with the fact that everything we experience is though our sensory organs alone, I tend to agree with Plato when he says, "All we can really say is, we know nothing". And science is coming round full circle to this, when you consider the metaphysical implications of quantum mechanics.

So for me the debate itself is irrational, and that's fine. It says something. We are irrational beings. But it doesn't mean to me there is no room to believe in god if you are so inclined. Just that the word "believe" is a slippery slope for either the religious type, or the atheist. My view, there is physics and there is metaphysics. There isn't a conflict in that.

Edited by OftenWrong

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

Ergo God, yet again you use that ill logic.

We know that the molecules that form life are compounds of some very basic elements (oxygen, hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, sulphur and phosphorus). After you educate yourself by reading the works of Douglas Theobald that I linked above, you should move onto the works of Jack Szostak.

I can't possibly start reading the works of somebody.  I have a backlog of things I am reading.

15 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

It is fine to say life is just a bunch of chemicals and shit, if that's what you like. But you really devalue the complexity and elegance of DNA

If I point out that the modern computer/cell phone/video game is nothing but a bunch of simple gates do I devalue its complexity, and the even greater complexity of software that runs on it?

4 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

So I guess when you demanded I listen to your crackpot scam artist, you were not genuine.

watching a video on youtube is not the same as delving into the works of some scientist.

You want me to delve into the works of some scientists?  Really?

Edited by blackbird

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

So I guess when you demanded I listen to your crackpot scam artist, you were not genuine.

There is another youtube debate between two scientists, one a creation scientist and the other an evolution scientist.  But I figured you probably wouldn't be interested anyway.  I watched part of it and I have to admit, it is quite technical and involved.  Over my head.

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Then watch the 3 youtube video's of Jack Szostak, it is about the same length as that propaganda piece you were promoting above.

I'll be honest I'm not really into watching all that stuff.  I am convinced about what I believe and not searching or interested in watching other videos.  This is not an equal opportunity deal.

You have already decided yourself it's all propaganda so what is there to say?

Edited by blackbird

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

I'll be honest I'm not really into watching all that stuff.  I am convinced about what I believe and not searching or interested in watching other videos.  This is not an equal opportunity deal.

Thanks for being honest. You don't care what science has to offer, you have your faith and simply want to proselytize it. We shall label you as closed minded.

1 minute ago, ?Impact said:

Thanks for being honest. You don't care what science has to offer, you have your faith and simply want to proselytize it. We shall label you as closed minded.

I guess that makes us equal.

If I wasn't convinced about what the Bible says, then maybe I would be searching for something.   But when one is convinced about what they believe, why would they spend their time looking for alternative ideas and contrary opinions.??|

Edited by blackbird

Just now, ?Impact said:

No, I watched scam artist Dr. Dino in its entirety. I am open minded, I watched and saw that he offered not one piece of evidence for creation.

OK.  Well he has his style.  I can't say whether it is the best.

This other video I came across this evening between two real scientists is a very professional, high level debate.  But it's very technical and I don't see any use in posting the link for it.  I doubt you would get much out of it.  Just that there are some very highly educated scientists that do believe in creation and have a massive amount of science to back them up.

17 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

If I point out that the modern computer/cell phone/video game is nothing but a bunch of simple gates do I devalue its complexity, and the even greater complexity of software that runs on it?

You might, rabbit, you might. But only if you try to claim they have assembled themselves...

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

No, I watched scam artist Dr. Dino in its entirety. I am open minded, I watched and saw that he offered not one piece of evidence for creation.

This is the link for the debate between two highly qualified scientists.  One who believes in creation and one in evolution.  You don't have to watch it.  I watched part of it but it was beyond my capability to understand.  If you found anything false in it, I would be amazed.

I tried to edit this to get the video to start at the beginning but wasn't able to for some reason.  You have to drag the video play cursor to the beginning and it will work.

Edited by blackbird

When we get into the complexities of science I kind of think it is a hopeless place to go.  I prefer to look at the complexities of the universe and believe it couldn't be an accident or happen by itself without some master designer.  It's just vastly too complex and incredible.  That's my take on it anyway. 

10 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

But only if you try to claim they have assembled themselves...

For more than 2 decades, the majority of microprocessor design and layout has been highly computerized, and beyond handling the raw chemicals a modern microprocessor has never been touched by human hands.