Why is Islam (Muslim) a Religion and Political System?

seraphim

11 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Since the Bible was written by God maybe you can take that up with him.  I am sure he can hear you. 

Good, then he should be able to hear the cries of billions of pathetic fools suffering in an insane world, much of it is due to arguing about the esoteric meaning of some obscure passage in an ancient book, that gets interpreted wrongly by some psychopath who in turn starts killing people in the name of said God.

9 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Good, then he should be able to hear the cries of billions of pathetic fools suffering in an insane world, much of it is due to arguing about the esoteric meaning of some obscure passage in an ancient book, that gets interpreted wrongly by some psychopath who in turn starts killing people in the name of said God.

Wheh,   are you angry??  I don't know if I would blame the bible for the billions of suffering people in the world.  Most of them probably never even heard of it.

Edited by blackbird

11 hours ago, ?Impact said:

I see, so context is important and not isolated verses. Shall you tell us the context in the Quran for the verses you quoted?

b.t.w. What is the moral of the story Jesus is telling? Reward those who have the most, and kill those that don't supplicate themselves before you?

https://quran.com/60

Fire away: what's Surah 60 really about?

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Fire away: what's Surah 60 really about?

I am not one to interpret scripture, I am still struggling with 1 Corinthians 6 and 1 Corinthians 7. Now it is true that those do not address the issue of polygamy, but you must acknowledge that many goodly Biblical figures like Esau who took Judith and Bashemath as wives and then when he wanted more variety added Mahalath to the harem. Then there is Elkanah, and one cannot forget Solomon who had hundreds of wives, even Moses had many wives Zipporah and the daughter of Hobab and some Ethiopian woman. Of course the Christians will argue that church leaders shall only have one wife but that does not address others. Modern day Christian polygamists have even found ways around the words of Jesus for more than just sleeping around.

7 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I am not one to interpret scripture, I am still struggling with 1 Corinthians 6 and 1 Corinthians 7. Now it is true that those do not address the issue of polygamy, but you must acknowledge that many goodly Biblical figures like Esau who took Judith and Bashemath as wives and then when he wanted more variety added Mahalath to the harem. Then there is Elkanah, and one cannot forget Solomon who had hundreds of wives, even Moses had many wives Zipporah and the daughter of Hobab and some Ethiopian woman. Of course the Christians will argue that church leaders shall only have one wife but that does not address others. Modern day Christian polygamists have even found ways around the words of Jesus for more than just sleeping around.

Surah 60 (She That Is To Be Examined) is only perhaps a dozen verses long...give it a shot...expert.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Same goes for all the screwy holy books of old. Anyone can read practically anything in it. Tell you what, you want to present a book that gives some kinda moral code for everyone to live by, better make it as simple clear as possible. Not a bunch of cryptic mumbo jumbo.

Bingo. These various holy books are a reflection of the times in which people wrote them (I say people because of course the gods they are written around don't exist).  To cherry pick parts of them and attribute them to muslims or christians, or jews TODAY is quite frankly retarded. Something an idiot would do.

In Islam, the Quran was dictated to Mohammad by Allah through the angel Gabriel after a night-flight to the furthest mosque upon a winged-beast. This after the two acceded to Paradise.

The Quran was written by Allah...not men.

Now, atheists and other assorted folk will say: How silly!

However, Muslims are to take this as the truth and reality. Not an option. In fact, to be a good Muslim as the Quran dictates, one isn't left with many options. All is written...

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

the Quran was dictated to Mohammad by Allah through the angel Gabriel after a night-flight to the furthest mosque upon a winged-beast. This after the two acceded to Paradise.

Your unwavering belief in the Quran and it's stories is quite heartwarming.   

12 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

In fact, to be a good Muslim as the Quran dictates, one isn't left with many options. All is written...

I'm sure you are pleasing to Allah and al-Baghadi; your words on this board are a testament to your conviction and dedication.

Just now, dialamah said:

Your unwavering belief in the Quran and it's stories is quite heartwarming.   

I'm sure you are pleasing to Allah and al-Baghadi; your words on this board are a testament to your conviction and dedication.

Again: you're free to pretend I made up the Quran. It's really your only recourse as I continuously shoot down your claims that Islam = Peace.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Again: you're free to pretend I made up the Quran. It's really your only recourse as I continuously shoot down your claims that Islam = Peace.

For the second time, I don't think you 'made up the Quran'; I think you believe it wholeheartedly.  Honestly, DoP, how can anyone be converted to your side if you can't even follow a conversation?

Just now, dialamah said:

For the second time, I don't think you 'made up the Quran'; I think you believe it wholeheartedly.  Honestly, DoP, how can anyone be converted to your side if you can't even follow a conversation?

I'm not here to make you give up your religion.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

I'm not here to make you give up your religion.

I know, because that is exactly what the Quran instructs - you cannot compel people to accept Islam.  This does conflict somewhat with your mentor, al-Baghadi, but I think when Allah's word as recorded in the Quran and al-Baghadi conflict, you are right to follow the Quran.

20 minutes ago, dre said:

To cherry pick parts of them and attribute them to muslims or christians, or jews TODAY is quite frankly retarded. Something an idiot would do.

Unless you get the problem where muslims are doing exactly that themselves. When it comes to literal interpretations of statements like "Slay the infidels before me", or whatever, terrorists and groups like ISIS walk the walk, not just do the talk. There's no time to explain the metaphorical meaning to that, if in fact there is one.

26 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

For extra points: who claimed Mohammad flew to Jerusalem (claimed the furthest mosque was the Jew's Temple) rather than to a symbolic mosque found in Mohammad's dream?

No idea. I'm still trying to figure out why Bodhidarma traveled from India to China...

16 hours ago, ?Impact said:

and the Bible speaks for Christianity. The Old Testament is the most violent scripture around, far worse than the Quran.

You've repeatedly been told the Old Testament is the story of the Jews, and that it has been superseded by the New Testament, which is the story of Jesus. Furthermore, given that the Quran is the story of a brutal warrior prince who slaughtered everyone who refused to bow to him even the old testament can't match the Quran for sheer bloody mindedness.

9 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I know, because that is exactly what the Quran instructs - you cannot compel people to accept Islam.  

And yet, Islam and Islamic leaders have been doing that since Muhammed, who beheaded and burned people alive for refusing to accept Allah.

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

When it comes to literal interpretations of statements like "Slay the infidels before me", or whatever, terrorists and groups like ISIS walk the walk, not just do the talk.

I think that is why it's important to focus on the other interpretations of Islam - the ones where murder is wrong, where compulsion is wrong and make those what are well-known instead of the same ones that ISIS et al use.   Unfortunately, too many people are too willing to accept the worst and doubt the best (on both sides) and so mutual fear and distrust grows. :(

49 minutes ago, dre said:

Bingo. These various holy books are a reflection of the times in which people wrote them (I say people because of course the gods they are written around don't exist).  To cherry pick parts of them and attribute them to muslims or christians, or jews TODAY is quite frankly retarded. Something an idiot would do.

Even though most Muslims today accept and believe them? If 90% of the people in this or that Muslim country says apostates must be executed because the Quran says so are we all idiots for pointing out the punishment for apostasy in Islam?

Edited by Argus

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

I think that is why it's important to focus on the other interpretations of Islam - the ones where murder is wrong, where compulsion is wrong and make those what are well-known instead of the same ones that ISIS et al use.

Why should we do that when the Muslim world doesn't?

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

You've repeatedly been told the Old Testament is the story of the Jews, and that it has been superseded by the New Testament, which is the story of Jesus.

So what?  Enough people who call themselves Christian follow (cherry-picked) teachings of the OT that I don't see any point in pretending they're separate.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I know, because that is exactly what the Quran instructs - you cannot compel people to accept Islam.  This does conflict somewhat with your mentor, al-Baghadi, but I think when Allah's word as recorded in the Quran and al-Baghadi conflict, you are right to follow the Quran.

What did Mohammad do to the Jews of Arabia when they rejected him as the new Moses?

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

So what?  Enough people who call themselves Christian follow (cherry-picked) teachings of the OT that I don't see any point in pretending they're separate.

What is Surah 60 really about?

8 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I think that is why it's important to focus on the other interpretations of Islam - the ones where murder is wrong, where compulsion is wrong and make those what are well-known instead of the same ones that ISIS et al use.   Unfortunately, too many people are too willing to accept the worst and doubt the best (on both sides) and so mutual fear and distrust grows. :(

Which Quran is that?

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Really? A very few people follow 'cherry pick' aspects of the OT against the teachings of all mainstream Christian churches and you ascribe this as Christian but when polls show 70%-80%-90% of Muslims believe in execution for adulterous women, blasphemers and apostates you continue to bleat about how this is not part of Islam.

Edited by Argus