Why is Islam (Muslim) a Religion and Political System?

seraphim

9 minutes ago, Argus said:

Really? A very few people follow 'cherry pick' aspects of the OT against the teachings of all mainstream Christian churches and you ascribe this as Christian but when polls show 90% of Muslims believe in execution for adulterous women, blasphemers and apostates you continue to bleat about how this is not part of Islam.

The Quran 5:32 is often cited as the peaceful...non-compulsive...version of Islam's attitude towards all humanity.

Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [Fasad done] in the land – it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one – it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.

So: murder is okay as long as it is done 'to save a soul' or to prevent/punish mischief (Fasad) upon the land.

What is Fasad??: one might ask...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasad

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

No idea. I'm still trying to figure out why Bodhidarma traveled from India to China...

Omar...one of Mohammad's Companions...very much a human.

His claim was made after conquering Jerusalem in the Siege of 637 AD. Thus: Jerusalem = Third Most Holy Place In Islam

Mohammad never set foot in Jerusalem...unless you believe Omar and that winged-beasts exist outside dreams.

• Like 1

Just now, ?Impact said:

I think that murdering 100% of humanity except for 8 people is very bloody mindedness.

Actually a retelling of Gilgamesh's tale re: rafting down the Tigris with the animals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilgamesh_flood_myth

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

Why should we do that when the Muslim world doesn't?

When they do, nobody shouts it from the rooftops the way they do bullshit stories about Muslims demanding special 'rights' or 'implementing Sharia law'.    If the media spent hours or days covering stories where Imams and Islamic scholars condemned these practices, perhaps we'd be as familiar with these teachings as we are of the extremists and their beliefs.   Perhaps so many wouldn't have such a one-sided view of Islam as a religion that exists solely to be violent. 

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/muslims-have-been-standing-against-apostasy-laws-for-a-century-30313530.html

As a leader of millions, His Holiness, Mirza Masroor Ahmad has repeatedly called for freedom of religion or belief. He has repeatedly condemned apostasy. And so Lord Carey would do well to look closer at the teachings of Islam and to recognise that the Muslim community is far from mute on this issue or accepting of the mistreatment of minority communities.

https://ageofjahiliyah.wordpress.com/2007/09/01/abdal-hakim-murad-on-jihad-apostasy-rights-of-muslim-women/

The Ottoman Caliphate, the supreme representative of Sunni Islam, formally abolished this penalty in the aftermath of the so-called Tanzimat reforms launched in 1839. The Shaykh al-Islam, the supreme head of the religious courts and colleges, ratified this major shift in traditional legal doctrine. It was pointed out that there is no verse in the Qur’an that lays down a punishment for apostasy (although chapter 5 verse 54 and chapter 2 verse 217 predict a punishment in the next world). It was also pointed out that the ambiguities in the hadith (the sayings of the Prophet) suggest that apostasy is only an offense when combined with the crime of treason. 

Here are several more Muslim leaders who condemn apostasy laws.

And here's a whole slew of Muslim leaders who have condemned the extremism practiced by ISIS and similar groups.  

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

When they do, nobody shouts it from the rooftops the way they do bullshit stories about Muslims demanding special 'rights' or 'implementing Sharia law'.    If the media spent hours or days covering stories where Imams and Islamic scholars condemned these practices, perhaps we'd be as familiar with these teachings as we are of the extremists and their beliefs.   Perhaps so many wouldn't have such a one-sided view of Islam as a religion that exists solely to be violent. 

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/muslims-have-been-standing-against-apostasy-laws-for-a-century-30313530.html

https://ageofjahiliyah.wordpress.com/2007/09/01/abdal-hakim-murad-on-jihad-apostasy-rights-of-muslim-women/

Here are several more Muslim leaders who condemn apostasy laws.

And here's a whole slew of Muslim leaders who have condemned the extremism practiced by ISIS and similar groups.  

What's Surah 60 really about since you claim I cherry picked it. There are 13 verses.

So...what is it about?

• Like 1

Quran 5:33-34 continues from the "peaceful" 5:32...

Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption [fasad] is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,

Except for those who return [repenting] before you apprehend them. And know that Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

...so at least if you have a sudden revelation and join the cult, Allah will listen.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

What's Surah 60 really about since you claim I cherry picked it. There are 13 verses.

So...what is it about?

It's your faith, so you tell me.   

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

...so at least if you have a sudden revelation and join the cult, Allah will listen.

Was your revelation and conversion sudden, or did it happen over time?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

It's your faith, so you tell me.   

Was your revelation and conversion sudden, or did it happen over time?

Again: you're free to pretend that I wrote the Quran and am responsible for Islam's genocidal attitude towards the kafir.

I expect nothing less of a defender of Islam.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Again: you're free to pretend that I wrote the Quran

Third time - I do not think you wrote the Quran, only that you believe wholeheartedly.   If this is the level of your comprehension, it must have taken you such a very long time to understand and believe Islam's message.  

But I just don't have the patience of your teachers; I'm done with this idiocy.

• Like 1

Just now, dialamah said:

Third time - I do not think you wrote the Quran, only that you believe wholeheartedly.   If this is the level of your comprehension, it must have taken you such a very long time to understand and believe Islam's message.  

But I just don't have the patience of your teachers; I'm done with this idiocy.

Victory: DogOnPorch

Islam is a violent religion that preaches genocide of the kafir.

You do your best to deflect from this and put the blame on others...but it's just not working like it did a few years back.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Victory: DogOnPorch

Islam is a violent religion that preaches genocide of the kafir.

I guess victory must mean back-pedaling your bright orange tricycle off a cliff, with your big floppy shoes and colorful clown pants? You know how you spot the loser of an argument on the internet? He jumps up and down declaring victory.

One has to wonder... If Islam is such a power force in convincing its followers to commit genocide, why are almost none of them are doing it?  I mean there's over a million muslims in Canada... clearly they must have killed at least a few hundred non-believers today right? Probably about 1000 this week if they are making even the most casual effort?

And I have absolutely no doubt, that the statistics will reflect this and prove your point about these blood thirsty genocidal muslims and their killing spree in the name of Allah! Lemme see what I can dig up to reinforce your most wise and prescient view on this...

Oh oh... Not going well so far.

https://sites.duke.edu/tcths/files/2017/01/Kurzman_Muslim-American_Involvement_in_Violent_Extremism_2016.pdf

Turns out that only 40 of Americas 3.3 Million muslims were linked to violent extremist activity in 2016 :( This cant be right. And only 24 of them were linked with actual violent attacks. :(   I mean if Islam is such a successful promoter of genocide (and believe you, it is!) then what the hell is the problem with these 3.3 million muslims? When does the jihad start? Lazy useless bums. To be honest I think the study is lying. Probably part of some sort of left wing conspiracy right?

And then theres this other guy... From something called the Triangle Center on Terrorism and Homeland Security... Hes a liar too...

Attacks by Muslims accounted for only one third of one percent of all murders in America last year.”

Thats just madness.... Cant be right! I mean even if Muslims were NOT blood thirsty homocidal maniacs hell bent on killing for Allah (and as you have already brilliantly demonstrated, they are!)  1/3rd of one percent... According to that (liberal lies, I know)... Muslims kill at a lower rate than everyone else! Impossible! There was something about 10 thousand gun nuts killing American folks in 2016 as well. That's obviously just liberal SJW's making up fake data to blame the nations high murder rates on decent, christian, old stock Americans!

Frustrating! Seeing that all the data and statistics supporting your position have clearly been buried by a vast liberal conspiracy, we are going to need a different approach! We are going to need bigots to troll message boards, make bogus claims. If possible someone stupid enough to post passages from a book written thousands of years ago, and attribute those words to people alive today.  Any idea where we could find someone like that DOP?  :lol:

Edited by dre

29 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

There are already Muslim Imams that are preaching hate in Canada. Kill all the filthy Jews one by one....etc.

Deny it all you wish.

I never denied that, Captain Reading Comprehension. There's all kinds of people preaching hate in Canada, you being one of them, right here in this thread.

Like I said though... If these people are so hell bent on genocide, why aren't our million+ muslim's killing at LEAST a few hundred unbelievers a week? Could it be... that your'e full of crap? :ph34r:  

Edited by dre
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dre said:

I never denied that, Captain Reading Comprehension. There's all kinds of people preaching hate in Canada, you being one of them, right here in this thread.

Like I said though... If these people are so hell bent on genocide, why aren't our million+ muslim's killing at LEAST a few hundred unbelievers a week? Could it be... that your'e full of crap? :ph34r:  

The Quran is hate speech? Do tell....

• Like 1