Prime Minister Trudeau's admiration for EU

Canada’s prime minister, Justin Trudeau, has told MEPs the European Union is vital to the world’s peace and prosperity, in a rousing speech that appeared to distance him from the United States under Donald Trump.

Speaking in both English and French, Trudeau told the European parliament that the EU was an unprecedented model for cooperation and that an effective European voice on the global stage was not just preferable but essential. 

“You are a vital player in addressing the challenges that we collectively face as an international community. Indeed, the whole world benefits from a strong EU,” he said.

Have great respect and admiration for this prime minister. Many try to dismiss him for his dislike for Trump and blame him for domestic policies....The reality is he is more respected and has more gravitas than Trump on any day in his presidency. Mr Trudeau has played it tactfully well to 'contain' Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/16/justin-trudeau-european-parliament-whole-world-benefits-from-a-strong-eu

Edited by kactus
  • Downvote 1

Another example of defining a Canadian in terms of an American. 

However, Mr. Trump is still far more important to the EU/NATO than is Mr. Trudeau.

Trudeau cannot 'contain' Trump....he can't even ignore Trump.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PM Merkel of Germany easily upstages Trudeau by spending more money on defense/NATO

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/merkel-trudeau-ayed-1.3987580

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 hour ago, kactus said:

Have great respect and admiration for this prime minister. Many try to dismiss him for his dislike for Trump and blame him for domestic policies....The reality is he is more respected and has more gravitas than Trump on any day in his presidency. Mr Trudeau has played it tactfully well to 'contain' Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/16/justin-trudeau-european-parliament-whole-world-benefits-from-a-strong-eu

Hahahaha...with Brexit, EU is really on shaky ground.  They can feel the ground shifting.

The only reason Trudeau is "looked up to" by EU is due to the fact that he's been endorsed by Obama. He is an Obama lackey.  He's been tasked by Obama and Biden to continue the Obama vision, remember?  Mind you, I give him an A for obedience.

With Trump cheering wildly for Brexit, and stands for everything in contrast with EU...... Trudeau is the only one from this continent EU share visions with, who else? :D

Edited by betsy

Just now, betsy said:

Hahahaha...with Brexit, EU is really on shaki ground.  They can feel the ground shifting.

The only reason Trudeau is "looked up to" by EU is due to the fact that he's been endorsed by Obama. He is an Obama lackey.  With Trump cheering wildly for Brexit, Trudeau is the only one from this continent EU share visions with, who else? :D

True.....on the way out of office, former U.S. VP Joe Biden patted Justin Trudeau on the head like a dog and told him to guard left wing values.

Canada was clever to hurry up a trade deal with the EU while Trump is antagonising the EU. If that is Trudeau's credit then he isnt as useless as some make him to be. However, I understand that the negotiations for that deal had been going on for years.

19 minutes ago, betsy said:

Hahahaha...with Brexit, EU is really on shaky ground.  They can feel the ground shifting.

The only reason Trudeau is "looked up to" by EU is due to the fact that he's been endorsed by Obama. He is an Obama lackey.  He's been tasked by Obama and Biden to continue the Obama vision, remember?  Mind you, I give him an A for obedience.

With Trump cheering wildly for Brexit, and stands for everything in contrast with EU...... Trudeau is the only one from this continent EU share visions with, who else? :D

You do realise that it takes UK two years to come out of EU after article 50 is invoked depending on how those negotiations with european counterparts goes....Right?

After 4 weeks in office and a sacking of former national security advisor and falling out with court There is very little credibility in Trump right now. Last I heard his new nominee has refused to step up to the plate and accept the role....wonder why....

17 minutes ago, kactus said:

Under 40% popularity for Trump is not something to be bragging about. Let's be clear he can do the talk altgough really badly but cannit do the walk....I wonder why?? 

What's popularity got to do with this?  That's becoming the standard go-to response, or the sink at the bottom of the barrel, the old method of deflection  I suppose, when someone cannot rebutt. :lol:

2 minutes ago, betsy said:

What's popularity got to do with this?  That's becoming the standard go-to response, or the sink at the bottom of the barrel, the old method of deflection  I suppose, when someone cannot rebutt. :lol:

They say popularity vote is like a barometer to gauge the performance of a president.... Forgive me if that's what the poll shows and you are not happy with it. Sorry about that....

12 minutes ago, kactus said:

Last I heard his new nominee has refused to step up to the plate and accept the role....wonder why....

One of the reasons retired Vice Adm. Robert Harward turned down the job was Trump wanted him to keep the old staff including Trump's favourite Deputy National Security Adviser K.T. McFarland who was a former pundit for Fox news. 

45 minutes ago, kactus said:

They say popularity vote is like a barometer to gauge the performance of a president.... Forgive me if that's what the poll shows and you are not happy with it. Sorry about that....

If that's the case, then Justin Trudeau is in big trouble as well.

1 hour ago, -TSS- said:

Canada was clever to hurry up a trade deal with the EU while Trump is antagonising the EU. If that is Trudeau's credit then he isnt as useless as some make him to be. However, I understand that the negotiations for that deal had been going on for years.

Canada can't even sell seal products in Europe, let alone shift 75% of exports to the EU.  

Canada should have diversified exports a long time ago regardless of Trump.

CETA was started on PM Harper's watch...not Trudeau's.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada can't even sell seal products in Europe, let alone shift 75% of exports to the EU.  

Canada should have diversified exports a long time ago regardless of Trump.

CETA was started on PM Harper's watch...not Trudeau's.

Correct all they had to do was sign.  Deja vu all over again...