More Canadian tax dollars for Haiti.

taxme

I was watching the CBC news channel the other day, and at the bottom of the TV screen their was a news story about how trudeau is going to hand over 70 million Canadian tax dollars in development aid to Haiti. What? Is this guy gone mad? After the earthquake that hit Haiti several years ago the world came to their rescue and aid and handed over hundreds of billions of foreign aid in the form of money, medical supplies, and building materials and machinery. Why would this PM want to give them more money? What have the Haitian people done with all that aid and money? Personally, I think that this is plain theft of taxpayer's tax dollars. There is no need to take any more Canadian tax dollars and go give it to a people who appear to have not done anything with what was already given to them. So, what is this extra aid for anyway? Is JT planning on building a mansion for himself in Haiti? If the country needs more aid then there is something wrong with the people there.

Personally, I believe that Haiti is a write off and should not be considered a recipient of more foreign-aid especially from Canada. This aid will be a waste of 70 million Canadian tax dollars that will end up going down the Haitian drain. With all the money that they received after the earthquake Haiti should be a paradise for people to want to visit. Does cruise lines ever have stop overs to Haiti. This PM of ours has just shown us all again as to how good he is at blowing Canadian tax dollars at will. While there are Canadians in need, and who could have used and deserved that money for aid, now strangers will get that money instead. What a crime. And you believe that politicians care about Canada or Canadians. Stop living in dream land. Politicians despise and continually show their contempt towards the taxpayer's of Canada and their tax dollars. Sad part is they don't seem to give a dam as to what or where their tax dollars are blown. 

What say you? Is this just a case of theft and waste of Canadian tax dollars or is it a good thing to be doing?  The former works for me. Over.  

6 hours ago, taxme said:

I was watching the CBC news channel the other day, and at the bottom of the TV screen their was a news story about how trudeau is going to hand over 70 million Canadian tax dollars in development aid to Haiti. What? Is this guy gone mad? After the earthquake that hit Haiti several years ago the world came to their rescue and aid and handed over hundreds of billions of foreign aid in the form of money, medical supplies, and building materials and machinery. Why would this PM want to give them more money? What have the Haitian people done with all that aid and money? Personally, I think that this is plain theft of taxpayer's tax dollars. There is no need to take any more Canadian tax dollars and go give it to a people who appear to have not done anything with what was already given to them. So, what is this extra aid for anyway? Is JT planning on building a mansion for himself in Haiti? If the country needs more aid then there is something wrong with the people there.

You are confusing handing money over with PLEDGING MONEY.  Countries pledged billions but less than $50 million came in, and most of that got used up trying to fix the Cholera problem the UN made there but denied.  Hilary Clinton raised $100 million for Haiti, and spent less than $4000 there.  Haiti is kind of used like a convenient way for many Westerners to get rich off of raising money but it never helps anyone on the ground.  Haitians, nor does the Haitian government, NEVER TOUCHES, SEES OR HAS ACCESS TO THAT MONEY.  Haitian people never got aid money, they actually ended up paying out more money trying to fix the UN cholera disaster after the earthquake than they received!  Israel receives 10000 times more aid than Haiti, Haiti just gets pledges, but no money comes in.

6 hours ago, taxme said:

Personally, I believe that Haiti is a write off and should not be considered a recipient of more foreign-aid especially from Canada. This aid will be a waste of 70 million Canadian tax dollars that will end up going down the Haitian drain. With all the money that they received after the earthquake Haiti should be a paradise for people to want to visit. Does cruise lines ever have stop overs to Haiti. This PM of ours has just shown us all again as to how good he is at blowing Canadian tax dollars at will. While there are Canadians in need, and who could have used and deserved that money for aid, now strangers will get that money instead. What a crime. And you believe that politicians care about Canada or Canadians. Stop living in dream land. Politicians despise and continually show their contempt towards the taxpayer's of Canada and their tax dollars. Sad part is they don't seem to give a dam as to what or where their tax dollars are blown. 

What say you? Is this just a case of theft and waste of Canadian tax dollars or is it a good thing to be doing?  The former works for me. Over.  

Haiti didn't receive any money, they ended up actually paying out more for anti-cholera medicine than they got in aid and trying to clean up all the cholera UN left.  Haiti is one of the countries that need aid.  Also fortunes change all the time, at one time Haiti was well off and some of that money from enslaving haitians and was used to develop alot of what was french owned Canada.  This seems to be a case of canada doing a good thing, because no one else does.

The vast majority of Haitian charity that actually translates into tangible aid is confiscated by criminal gangs, not given to the people who need it. But most of the money is simply stolen, sucked up by excessive administrative costs. You gave money at the grocery store to help Haiti? Sucker. Haiti is a perfect example of charities scamming the people who donate, and those who should receive the aid. Charity scam is big business.

Simply put, don't give. You can't help these people if you tried.

Don't tell that to our stupid government though, or the naive voters who elected them. They're not listening. Doesn't suit their version of reality.

Edited by OftenWrong

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

The vast majority of Haitian charity that actually translates into tangible aid is confiscated by criminal gangs, not given to the people who need it. But most of the money is simply stolen, sucked up by excessive administrative costs. You gave money at the grocery store to help Haiti? Sucker. Haiti is a perfect example of charities scamming the people who donate, and those who should receive the aid. Charity scam is big business.

Don't tell that to our stupid government though, or the naive voters who elected them. They're not listening. Doesn't suit their version of reality.

No citations?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

You want to give, go to the Haitian embassy and give, at least it will actually get there.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 2/11/2017 at 8:03 PM, The_Squid said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/harper-arrives-in-haiti-1.883174

Millions from Harper too.   Where were you then?

As a Canadian patriot I have been bitching for decades about how politicians like Harper and Trudeau who continually take Canadian tax dollars and give them away to countries who do not deserve it. All political party's in Canada cannot say no to foreign aid. All politicians appear to just love blowing taxpayer's tax dollars on pet projects like foreign aid. Billions blown, and more to blow. It never ends with these politicians who treat Canadians and their tax dollars with contempt. If anyone wants to donate their own money too another country than fine. Just stop using mine. I prefer to keep my money in Canada to help Canadians first, and that should be the priority for all Canadians. But unfortunately, it is not. Too many Canadians are constantly spoon fed by the media, advertisers, and politicians to help take care of the rest of the world,and it's poor, and they fall for it. 70 million tax dollars is a lot of money that could have been better spent in Canada, not a hell hole like Haiti.   

On 2/12/2017 at 9:54 AM, hernanday said:

You want to give, go to the Haitian embassy and give, at least it will actually get there.

Common sense and logic tells me that would not be a smart thing to do. After all, for the country to be in the shambles like it is still today tells me that giving any money to any Haitian government official will never get to the people. If it did, Haiti should be a paradise today to want to go too. Of course, emotional liberals can never seem to figure that one out. 

7 minutes ago, taxme said:

As a Canadian patriot I have been bitching for decades about how politicians like Harper and Trudeau who continually take Canadian tax dollars and give them away to countries who do not deserve it. All political party's in Canada cannot say no to foreign aid. All politicians appear to just love blowing taxpayer's tax dollars on pet projects like foreign aid. Billions blown, and more to blow. It never ends with these politicians who treat Canadians and their tax dollars with contempt. If anyone wants to donate their own money too another country than fine. Just stop using mine. I prefer to keep my money in Canada to help Canadians first, and that should be the priority for all Canadians. But unfortunately, it is not. Too many Canadians are constantly spoon fed by the media, advertisers, and politicians to help take care of the rest of the world,and it's poor, and they fall for it. 70 million tax dollars is a lot of money that could have been better spent in Canada, not a hell hole like Haiti.   

We spend slightly more on foreign aid than we do on our military. Does foreign aid lead to global security, and how does its effectiveness compare to guns? (note I am comparing to military only, not domestic law enforcement, intelligence agencies, etc.).

• Downvote 1

On 2/12/2017 at 0:22 AM, hernanday said:

You are confusing handing money over with PLEDGING MONEY.  Countries pledged billions but less than $50 million came in, and most of that got used up trying to fix the Cholera problem the UN made there but denied.  Hilary Clinton raised $100 million for Haiti, and spent less than $4000 there.  Haiti is kind of used like a convenient way for many Westerners to get rich off of raising money but it never helps anyone on the ground.  Haitians, nor does the Haitian government, NEVER TOUCHES, SEES OR HAS ACCESS TO THAT MONEY.  Haitian people never got aid money, they actually ended up paying out more money trying to fix the UN cholera disaster after the earthquake than they received!  Israel receives 10000 times more aid than Haiti, Haiti just gets pledges, but no money comes in.

Haiti didn't receive any money, they ended up actually paying out more for anti-cholera medicine than they got in aid and trying to clean up all the cholera UN left.  Haiti is one of the countries that need aid.  Also fortunes change all the time, at one time Haiti was well off and some of that money from enslaving haitians and was used to develop alot of what was french owned Canada.  This seems to be a case of canada doing a good thing, because no one else does.

Ok, so the whole point to be made here is for people to stop donating any of their money because we then should all know by now that it will never get to the people. And we should especially demand that the government stop wasting taxpayer's tax dollars and stop giving any kind of foreign aid to any country. I am a citizen of Canada and I do not want any Canadian politician at any government level throwing away anymore tax dollars on their pet projects and agendas and programs as regards to foreign aid. If anyone cares and wants to do so with their own money then that is fine with me. Just keep me out of it. After all it is my tax dollars too, don't you know. 

4 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

We spend slightly more on foreign aid than we do on our military. Does foreign aid lead to global security, and how does its effectiveness compare to guns? (note I am comparing to military only, not domestic law enforcement, intelligence agencies, etc.).

What global foreign aid means to Canadians is that we get to enjoy going deeper and deeper in debt to the banksters. We borrow from them, and then pay them back with interest on the money that is borrowed from them. Common sense and logic is not working here. $70 million here, a hundred million there, when will, it end? How long are you as a Canadian taxpayer going to continue to put up with Canada going deeper and deeper in debt before you say enough already?  This is the question that needs to be answered. 

1 minute ago, taxme said:

How long are you as a Canadian taxpayer going to continue to put up with Canada going deeper and deeper in debt before you say enough already?  This is the question that needs to be answered. 

That has nothing to do with foreign aid, that is about our tax policy. We have been catering to the moneyed, vested interests for far too long.

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

That has nothing to do with foreign aid, that is about our tax policy. We have been catering to the moneyed, vested interests for far too long.

When it comes to politicians continually blowing taxpayer's tax dollars on their stupid and useless United Nations and special interest groups pet projects and agendas and programs that serve no real interest or help to Canadians or Canada this is where I step in. Unlike most Canadians I say something. Most Canadians seem to not give a dam as to how their tax dollars are being blown.  Well I do. Enough already. And for you to not at least agree with me in some manner on wasteful tax spending by our fearless politically correct leaders tells me that you don't care also. Am I right? 

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

And for you to not at least agree with me in some manner on wasteful tax spending by our fearless politically correct leaders tells me that you don't care also. Am I right? 

How do you determine what is wasteful? Don't accuse me of not caring just because I have a different opinion than you.

20 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

How do you determine what is wasteful? Don't accuse me of not caring just because I have a different opinion than you.

Anything that politicians do with my tax dollars is wasteful. Canadian politicians don't think like business people, they think like spend crazy fools. Taxpayer's tax dollars are being blown and you appear to want to attack me for saying so. It's no wonder politicians can continue to get away with contempt towards the Canadian taxpayer's, and their tax dollars because they know they can. They know that Canadians don't care. So, you are telling me that you are in agreement with this blowing of taxpayer's tax dollars to Haiti as a good investment for Canada and other Canadians, eh? 

3 hours ago, taxme said:

How long are you as a Canadian taxpayer going to continue to put up with Canada going deeper and deeper in debt before you say enough already?  This is the question that needs to be answered. 

Yes, and this in spite of gouging us more and more. I can't help thinking that governments at all levels take note of the donations to various charities and participation in lotteries by Canadians, and decide we must have more disposable income than they are aware.Then they tap into it through increased taxation and user fees. How else to explain that we have less and less money in our pockets.

11 hours ago, taxme said:

Common sense and logic tells me that would not be a smart thing to do. After all, for the country to be in the shambles like it is still today tells me that giving any money to any Haitian government official will never get to the people. If it did, Haiti should be a paradise today to want to go too. Of course, emotional liberals can never seem to figure that one out. 

Well your entire premise is based on milk shake like soil.  You erroneously believe Haiti is getting money, when the opposite is true, they are often paying out money to clean up the mess that the UN makes there.

On 2/14/2017 at 1:23 AM, hernanday said:

Well your entire premise is based on milk shake like soil.  You erroneously believe Haiti is getting money, when the opposite is true, they are often paying out money to clean up the mess that the UN makes there.

Maybe Haiti should get out of the UN then. Canada is a part of the UN. How is it that Canadians have a a higher and better standard of living than Haitians do after all these decades? If the Haitians cannot get their act together than so be it. Stay in poverty. It seems like all the western countries of the world always have to keep forking out their tax dollars to people who do not deserve it anymore. Let them get off their lazy welfare butts and stop stealing my tax dollars. Tough love is what is needed here, not this constant left wing liberal marxist emotionalism. I am fed up with it. Canada continually goes deeper in debt a debt that we must pay off to the private banksters who are the ones reaping all the rewards. 

On 2/13/2017 at 5:26 PM, capricorn said:

Yes, and this in spite of gouging us more and more. I can't help thinking that governments at all levels take note of the donations to various charities and participation in lotteries by Canadians, and decide we must have more disposable income than they are aware.Then they tap into it through increased taxation and user fees. How else to explain that we have less and less money in our pockets.

With all the money that people spend on lotteries all that money should be going to the people who play the lottery. Why does charities or other groups get to grab some of this lottery money? Lotteries is just like foreign aid. The taxpayer's pay taxes to help run their country but yet there are some countries that get to take a few bucks out of those taxes that we pay. Theft of taxpayer's tax dollars runs rampant in this country. All we get from our politicians is more taxes, more government, more rules and regulations, and less freedom. There is something wrong with this picture of Canada. 

11 minutes ago, taxme said:

constant left wing liberal marxist emotionalism

On a roll today I see

1 minute ago, taxme said:

With all the money that people spend on lotteries all that money should be going to the people who play the lottery. Why does charities or other groups get to grab some of this lottery money?

So what do you say to those Las Vegas casinos that return far less of the money to those who play the game, and instead of using that money for charities that try to do good in the world it goes into the pockets of the capitalists. Oh yeah, that is ok because it is not those emotional left wing liberal marxists but rather the cool, rational heads of right wing perfection.

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

On a roll today I see

So what do you say to those Las Vegas casinos that return far less of the money to those who play the game, and instead of using that money for charities that try to do good in the world it goes into the pockets of the capitalists. Oh yeah, that is ok because it is not those emotional left wing liberal marxists but rather the cool, rational heads of right wing perfection.

Slot machines are fixed so that they do not pay out on every single spin. Otherwise casinos would not stay in business for very long. Those capitalists took their money and invested and opened up a casino business to make money, not to give away too other people. If I opened a business it would be to make money, and keep it for myself, not give some of it away to others who did not deserve or worked for it. Emotional left wing liberal marxists believe that my money is their money, and I should have some of my money stolen from me to help others. The NDP are great believers in stealing from the rich and the middle class and give some of that money to the poor. Then we all end up poor as we see happening today. Thanks to programs and agendas like foreign aid, and helping illegal refugee immigrants and the lazy who do not want to work, I am forced to fork over some of my stolen tax dollars to people who have no right to my money. The days of freebie money to people who do not deserve it must come to an end. Works for me. 

11 hours ago, taxme said:

Maybe Haiti should get out of the UN then. Canada is a part of the UN. How is it that Canadians have a a higher and better standard of living than Haitians do after all these decades? If the Haitians cannot get their act together than so be it. Stay in poverty. It seems like all the western countries of the world always have to keep forking out their tax dollars to people who do not deserve it anymore. Let them get off their lazy welfare butts and stop stealing my tax dollars. Tough love is what is needed here, not this constant left wing liberal marxist emotionalism. I am fed up with it. Canada continually goes deeper in debt a debt that we must pay off to the private banksters who are the ones reaping all the rewards. 

Well you are basically asking for the economic history of two countries.  Canada was founded as a settler colony, designed primarily to benefit new European settlers coming in.  They benefited historically from substantial investment from Britain followed by the USA, basically the two most powerful nations for the last 200-300 years or so.  Haiti was on the other side of that.  Britain and the USA declared war on it both along with Spain and France all trying to undermine its government and people and population.  You don't have to go decades back to find a leader of Haiti who was literally forced onto a plane into South Africa by the American government for raising minimum wages by like a nickle per hour.  Canada has never faced that.  Its not even an issue of the Haitians, its an issue of foreign sabotage largely.

Actually the globe and mail wrote a nice article on this, the western countries are not forking out their dollars to anyone, they are actually taking from these countries and giving them crumbs from what they are taking to keep an installed leadership who will keep the people where they are.  Your vote is not counted and if you rebel like in Syria, you are called a rebel or terrorist group.

Most developing countries have no welfare system.  You don't work, you die in the street or live off handouts.  Our debt has to do without addiction to a lavish lifestyle of oriental imports we cannot afford.

2 minutes ago, hernanday said:

Well you are basically asking for the economic history of two countries.  Canada was founded as a settler colony, designed primarily to benefit new European settlers coming in.  They benefited historically from substantial investment from Britain followed by the USA, basically the two most powerful nations for the last 200-300 years or so.  Haiti was on the other side of that.  Britain and the USA declared war on it both along with Spain and France all trying to undermine its government and people and population.  You don't have to go decades back to find a leader of Haiti who was literally forced onto a plane into South Africa by the American government for raising minimum wages by like a nickle per hour.  Canada has never faced that.  Its not even an issue of the Haitians, its an issue of foreign sabotage largely.

Actually the globe and mail wrote a nice article on this, the western countries are not forking out their dollars to anyone, they are actually taking from these countries and giving them crumbs from what they are taking to keep an installed leadership who will keep the people where they are.  Your vote is not counted and if you rebel like in Syria, you are called a rebel or terrorist group.

Most developing countries have no welfare system.  You don't work, you die in the street or live off handouts.  Our debt has to do without addiction to a lavish lifestyle of oriental imports we cannot afford.

So, you are ok with Canada giving 70 million Canadian tax dollars to Haiti in foreign aid at taxpayer's expense. Boy, you really don't care as to how your tax dollars are being blown, do you?