Indian minister has rapists tortured

Argus

A bit more than waterboarding in the world's largest democracy...

"The rapists should be hung upside down and beaten till their skin comes off," the minister is reported to have said.

"Salt and chilli should be rubbed on their wounds until they scream. Mothers and sisters should watch so they can get closure."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-38928860

23 minutes ago, Bonam said:

The quoted article clearly says "rape suspects" rather than "rapists". I don't think suspects of any crime should be subjected to cruel punishments like this until their guilt has been proven to the highest legal standard. 

Right-up there with 'finding a torn-out page of the Quran' in your possession. Behead first, ask questions later.

Call me a fascist or isis supporter or muslim fanatic or white supremacist or communist (the list of things I have been accused of being in the past!!!!!!!!) or whatever you like but I believe If someone is a proven rapist then I will not shed a single tear for him no matter what may happen to him. I have said it many times I am strong supporter of Capital punishment for violent crimes against women and children especially unconditional death penalty for repeat offenders.

On 2/10/2017 at 7:16 AM, bcsapper said:

It's like a cookbook for cannibals!

It's actually a lot more like the sort of thing you'd expect from the right wing of the Conservative Party.

The rather overtly hard-boiled minister in the story is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party...socially conservative, nationalistic, no use for immigrants for the usual reasons, thumbs down on homosexuals, big on globalization and privatization to replace social welfare...like I said, they'd probably have no problem finding a nice cosy corner in any self-respecting Big Tent conservative party. Like peas to carrots.

• Downvote 1