Canadian Muslims demanding end to free speech / Canada's Anti-Islamophobia Committee will begin meetings next month

Argus

Forgive me if I don't accept this verbatim.

Too many dishonest posters in the past have posted falsehoods, and when challenged simply say "well it's a slippery slope".

Since it's apparently in the press, can somebody please post "a law created that would have written init that no one be allowed to question or criticize Islam in a negative manner.".

1 minute ago, ?Impact said:

Could you provide a source for that allegation? Where is the text of the bill she is presenting, or when did she make such statement either in or outside of the legislature?

FreedomReport.ca or The Rebel. Your choice. 

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Too many dishonest posters in the past have posted falsehoods, and when challenged simply say "well it's a slippery slope".

It is though. Not surprised by your inability to see into the future and understand the possible repercussions.

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Its a motion for a study, not a bill for legislation.   Its also already been discussed to death.   

Our pro-Islamist PM has moved the motion to 2nd reading from April to March 21, 2017. It would appear as though JT wants to get this Islamofascism motion passed into law as soon as possible.  Source: FreedomReport. ca 

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Our pro-Islamist PM has moved the motion to 2nd reading from April to March 21, 2017. It would appear as though JT wants to get this Islamofascism motion passed into law as soon as possible.  Source: FreedomReport. ca 

There's nothing to pass into law. It's a motion for a parliamentary committee to discuss an issue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I said a source, not toilet paper.

"Toilet paper" my butt. :P  Go to the website yourself and read the report, and stop trying to make it appear as though any alternative media website can only report fake and phony news. You truly are an exercise in futility.  

1 minute ago, GostHacked said:

The slip started with this motion. That good enough for you?

No.  I don't buy the slippery slope argument.  If something is worth doing then it's worth doing.

Also - I thought this was an Ontario MPP but I realize that there's already a thread on this.  I'm merging them.

I cited two websites. Have you not visited at least one of them? 

Original source, not the rantings of Ezra Levant and company. We want the original wording, not a twisted and demented take on them. How about the Ontario Legislature Hansard, that is the official record.

The liberal media party(Global/CTV/CBC)apparently will not mention this in the news because they know that this would set off alarms among Canadians who may then start to ask questions about this anti-freedom of speech motion. 

The liberal media party(Global/CTV/CBC)apparently will not mention this in the news because they know that this would set off alarms among Canadians who may then start to ask questions about this anti-freedom of speech motion. 

...either that or because the twisted, demented copy you got from Levant bears zero resemblance to the truth. Did he mention that his right wing nutjob friends have issued death threats and such to this MPP.

13 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

I hope you will remember this when legislation is actually tabled, and I predict that in 12-24 months.

Ok.  Save your prediction.  Let's see if there is legislation tabled making it illegal to blaspheme against Islam.  Bookmark this and feel free to come back with an "I told you so".   I would be against such a law of course.

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Original source, not the rantings of Ezra Levant and company. We want the original wording, not a twisted and demented take on them. How about the Ontario Legislature Hansard, that is the official record.

I gave you two reputable websites for this . If you choose not to go there then you can wait for your precious Canadian fake and phony liberal media to report it too you. Hold your breath. If it were not for those two websites, I would not have heard about this motion at all. And it is for sure that I would never get this information from you or your beloved main scream media. 

I just tried google, and Youtube also, and up it came. So, the websites I mentioned are reliable after all. You see, alternative media does tell the truth. :D

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, taxme said:

You're making imaginary castles here.  Here's the method: make a false claim, then claim it's true because the media didn't report it.

There is no end to the myths that you could support with this kind of invisible and self-referential logic.

7 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

...either that or because the twisted, demented copy you got from Levant bears zero resemblance to the truth. Did he mention that his right wing nutjob friends have issued death threats and such to this MPP.

There are nut jobs in every outfit. So, what's your point? Sad indeed that I have to even point this out to you. 

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok.  Save your prediction.  Let's see if there is legislation tabled making it illegal to blaspheme against Islam.  Bookmark this and feel free to come back with an "I told you so".   I would be against such a law of course.

Blasphemy laws are still on the books in canada even though they haven't had a successful conviction in 80 years. Check section 296.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You're making imaginary castles here.  Here's the method: make a false claim, then claim it's true because the media didn't report it.

There is no end to the myths that you could support with this kind of invisible and self-referential logic.

Check out google or youtube. I just did, and it's all there in black and white in regards to this anti-freedom motion. 

Just now, BillyBeaver said:

Blasphemy laws are still on the books in canada even though they haven't had a successful conviction in 80 years. Check section 296.

So the government is going to start enforcing them ?  I don't think so.  It would be highly unpopular and a waste of resources.  This is just scare mongering for the highly gullible in my opinion.  This is also why we can't discuss culture in a civil way.  90% of the discussion is just irrational, misplaced bigotry.  I'm ready to have a discussion on culture, but few others seem to be.