Keystone XL to Go Forward, Per Trump

I know there's been some discussion of this on a general "Trump-Canada" thread, but this is big enough it deserves its own thread.Trump Revives Keystone Pipeline Rejected by Obama. Finally Trump is considering the interests of his own country rather than "the World" in U.S decision making. While I didn't vote for Trump because of obvious character flaws, I find this refreshing. See also

25trump-1-thumbStandard.jpg

Trump Signs Dakota Pipeline Orders. All of these have received thorough environmental review and their rejection by Obama was purely on ideological grounds. Yes, B. Hussein, it would be nice if energy just flowed from a gas pump.

• Like 1

Just now, ?Impact said:

"Revived" with a big caveat. Do it on my terms. Well we will see if those terms are acceptable, and if he tries to violate any trade agreements with them. 

Can't violate trade agreements that no longer exist.   President Trump is calling the shots.

20 minutes ago, hernanday said:

Why is an American even on a Canadian political website, I find it weird, are these people all trump campaign trolls?

Why do Americans and other foreigners own so much of Canadian industry ?   I find it weird....

Edited by bush_cheney2004

2 minutes ago, blueblood said:

His caveat is to build it with USA steel which I'm sure Transcanada has no problem agreeing to.

Yes, but the US government demanding a Canadian company buy US steel is certainly a violation of NAFTA. In fact the US government demanding a US company buy US steel is also a violation.

3 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Yes, but the US government demanding a Canadian company buy US steel is certainly a violation of NAFTA. In fact the US government demanding a US company buy US steel is also a violation.

Do they want a deal or not ?   Trudeau sure wants a pipeline deal.  Alberta sure wants a pipeline deal.  

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Right...everybody wants a deal except tree huggers and ex-President Obama.

The Art of the Scam.

Negotiate terms, and then negotiate some more, sign contract, violate contract and demand a renegotiation, and finally don't pay for what is delivered. Business ethics Trump style.

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

The Art of the Scam.

Negotiate terms, and then negotiate some more, sign contract, violate contract and demand a renegotiation, and finally don't pay for what is delivered. Business ethics Trump style.

Canada wants to cross the U.S. border with a nasty bitumen pipeline....it is going to cost something.

1 hour ago, hernanday said:

Why is an American even on a Canadian political website, I find it weird, are these people all trump campaign trolls?

I'm an American and have been on this site since Jun 26, 2006. Is that a problem for you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Six. Out of over 500 companies. 

No, he declared 6 bankruptcies in one shot back in the 1990s. I didn't even add all the ones that just went plain insolvent or were shut down due to lack of sales.

23 minutes ago, jbg said:

I'm an American and have been on this site since Jun 26, 2006. Is that a problem for you?

No, I just find it odd.  I mean, of all the countries to want to talk about, why would an American give a rats butt about canada enough to join a forum on it, very odd.

Also there has been a huge influx of Trump trolls, and paid trump campaign staffers trolling boards everywhere, in every country.

It is really obvious they are paid trolls too.  You had websites that were traditionally very liberal all of a sudden have 200, 300 conservatives infiltrate it over night all at the same time.  I seen it happen on another bilingual board, and it was very obvious because all of the trolls were on the English speaking side, but not a single pro trumper on the other side of the board (the language doesn't appear in google translate, so it would be very tough to translate).

Your paranoia is real, I'm a paid Trump campaigner myself, I've been dormant for 12 years.  

I love how Obama hummed and hesitated for like 6 years on Keystone, and then Trump comes in on day two and blows up 6 years of hard hesitating.  

I can't help but wonder what the first meeting between these two was really like, right after Trump blew up the polling and won the election.  No doubt Obama presented the items he'd like to save, and Trump was like, how much does Obamacare cost per year again?  And why didn't you pass Keystone, it passed all the environmental studies, all you had to do was pay off the locals.  

You could tell Obama thought they had a gentleman's agreement, he was playing nice and talking about a smooth transition.  Then Trump started talking about blowing up Obamacare, and Obama started rattling his sabre(hah!) at the Russians for hacking when everyone knows they've been hacking for years.  Keystone, get used to it Obama.

Edited by sharkman

7 hours ago, sharkman said:

I can't help but wonder what the first meeting between these two was really like, right after Trump blew up the polling and won the election.  No doubt Obama presented the items he'd like to save, and Trump was like, how much does Obamacare cost per year again?  And why didn't you pass Keystone, it passed all the environmental studies, all you had to do was pay off the locals.  

Any other make believe fantasies you'd like to put forward?

BTW, the polls predicted the vote within 1%.  Trump didn't blow up anything.  He has used a lot of 'undemocratic' executive orders, though.