Get ready for the next ice age, global warming fanatics.

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

I read a lot and a lot that I do read about climate change is mostly full of bull. I don't get all up tight like you do over something you know nothing about. If the ice is all melting what can or are you going to do about it anyway? I bet that you won't give up your vehicle or use other transportation or stop using anything that has to do that runs on gas or oil. 

But if you are so concerned where are you going to live to do your part to combat global climate change? Have you got a spot picked out in the bush somewhere? Over. 

I use public transport to get around most of the time even though I own a vehicle, I heat my house with hydro, even though my gas furnace would be cheaper, I applaud the work scientists are doing to try to reverse the damage we have done, but there's not much I can do if you don't understand the science you say you are trying to read. 

13 minutes ago, taxme said:

Did you actually take those measurements yourself? Wow, you are quite the person to be able to do that. I am impressed. 

Yes I took a 10 foot tape measure and swam around until I had it all squared up. I guess a stupid question deserves a stupid answer. But hey, since you don't believe in science perhaps you aren't aware of satellites. They can actually take pictures from large areas from space as the orbit the planet and record that missing ice I explained to you.

7 hours ago, Omni said:

Yes I took a 10 foot tape measure and swam around until I had it all squared up. I guess a stupid question deserves a stupid answer. But hey, since you don't believe in science perhaps you aren't aware of satellites. They can actually take pictures from large areas from space as the orbit the planet and record that missing ice I explained to you.

Lotsa square km's up in the arctic. 90 x 90 km, I can drive around that in about 3 hours.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Lotsa square km's up in the arctic. 90 x 90 km, I can drive around that in about 3 hours.

Perhaps math isn't your strong suit. Maybe get a calculator and check out the dimensions of 800,000 sq.km. Here's a hint,you better take some jerry cans of gas for that drive.

9 hours ago, Omni said:

I use public transport to get around most of the time even though I own a vehicle, I heat my house with hydro, even though my gas furnace would be cheaper, I applaud the work scientists are doing to try to reverse the damage we have done, but there's not much I can do if you don't understand the science you say you are trying to read. 

Well you should know by now that according to your expert on nothing scientists global warming is a result of your using public transportation. So why are you contributing even more melting of the ice caps and to global warming? You should be living in a tent in the bush if you care that much about global warming. For me I will still drive my car and do whatever I have too to stay warm and cozy in my home at winter time. I celebrate technology, not want to destroy it. 

6 minutes ago, taxme said:

So why are you contributing even more melting of the ice caps and to global warming

Ah well because my skates are already well worn out so I guess I'm done skating so who the hell needs ice? And what's a few dead polar bears eh?

9 hours ago, Omni said:

I thought that it was a good question to ask of you. It did not sound stupid to me. Did you ever look at what the satellites are taking pictures of in the winter in the Arctic? They are taking pictures of all that ice that melted in the summer time is back again in the winter time. It snows plenty up there in the winter time in the Arctic don't you know, and the water freezes over, and volia, the ice is back. You know you really have to stop listening to those global warming alarmists. They get paid lots of money by taxpayer's to spread their lies and fear to people like you that the sky is falling down.   

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Ah well because my skates are already well worn out so I guess I'm done skating so who the hell needs ice? And what's a few dead polar bears eh?

Well then why don't you go buy a new pair of skates, and do global warming a favor. That would help the environment and help fight against global warming.

Exactly? Who the hell needs ice anyway other than to cool down my scotch.

Animals have come, and animals have gone. The world survived after the saber tooth tiger and the mammoth elephant.disappeared. Polar bears will just have to learn to adapt and adjust to their new surroundings or disappear. It won't be the end of the world if the polar bears go extinct. You worry too much. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

I thought that it was a good question to ask of you. It did not sound stupid to me. Did you ever look at what the satellites are taking pictures of in the winter in the Arctic? They are taking pictures of all that ice that melted in the summer time is back again in the winter time. It snows plenty up there in the winter time in the Arctic don't you know, and the water freezes over, and volia, the ice is back. You know you really have to stop listening to those global warming alarmists. They get paid lots of money by taxpayer's to spread their lies and fear to people like you that the sky is falling down.   

And the satellites don't lie. What you may fail to understand is that in order to get an accurate reading on sea ice you have to take the measure of it at the same time each year, and that is November month. In the decade from Nov. 2006 to last year, 800,000 sq. km. disappeared. One potential interim "fix" that REAL scientists are considering is putting wind powered pumps on the ice when it does finally freeze and pumping water on the ice surface to try and thicken it. With average arctic temps. in the range of 10degrees C higher than historical averages, that might be difficult.  

1 hour ago, Omni said:

Perhaps math isn't your strong suit. Maybe get a calculator and check out the dimensions of 800,000 sq.km. Here's a hint,you better take some jerry cans of gas for that drive.

Here's what you said earlier:

On 2017-05-05 at 9:13 PM, Omni said:

I guess we won't have an ice age here in Canada since we are missing about 8000 sq. km. of arctic ice.

Perhaps check you facts. Once you got that sorted out, get back to us.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

I must have been distracted. Probably on the phone. I can assure you it's 800,000.

Even after I asked you this, to which you agreed was correct-

On 2017-05-05 at 9:44 PM, OftenWrong said:

You're saying a piece of ice is missing from Canada with an area of 90 km x 90 km.

On 2017-05-06 at 0:49 AM, Omni said:

Correct.

You're only out by 3 orders of magnitude. Perhaps you need to check your math there, Billy.

On 12/23/2016 at 0:13 PM, Argus said:

It would certainly be ironic, and show Trudeau's impeccable timing if he were to start Canada fighting against global warming the very year we're starting to get global cooling...

“The New Little Ice Age Has Started.” ...

The Trudeau and former Obama policies have nothing to do with climate and everything to do with redistribution of wealth and obtaining revenues for the government.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

By way of background, I am a far-left Democrat who voted for Hillary. Nevertheless I oppose the Paris Climate Accords. I posted this note on the White House website "e-mail" system:

===========================================================================

I am writing to support the Trump Administration's inclination to withdraw from the Paris Climate Accords ("Climate Accords"). I am by no means a conservative. I think that the Climate Accords have very little to do with climate and a lot to do with an incoherent hash of politically correct but impractical agendas. I will turn to the terms of the Climate Accords themselves but I note that they have a lengthy codicil on "gender equality." While that may be a praiseworthy goal it has little to do with climate.

The Climate Accords work by setting an unreachable U.S. goal of 40% reduction of greenhouse gases ("GHG") from 1990 levels. The year 1990 as a base year is itself grossly unfair to the U.S. but I digress. The failure to reach an unmeetable target will trigger an obligation to pay a large amount into a "climate adjustment fund" (the "Fund"). The Fund itself will offer full-time employment to a large contingent of bureaucrats. That to my mind is why Europe so strongly favors the Climate Accords. Such money as is distributed by the Fund for "climate adjustment" will go to Third and Fourth World "leaders" with little or no accountability for how it is spent. Can one, for example, seriously imagine leaders such as Assad, Kabila, or Mugabe using the money to protect their people from climate change.

This note purposely does not address whether or not climate change is real, or if real, if it is man-made. The Climate Accords will do little to change a single temperature on a single day in a single place. But they will cost the U.S. and its citizens lots of money, and possibly significant growth and employment. I urge you to ignore the bleats of the elites and withdraw the U.S. from the Climate Accords. And in the process make the withdrawal effective immediately, disregarding the unconstitutional and non-binding four year period placed on withdrawal. The Climate Accords were not ratified by Congress, are not a treaty and are not legislation.

And we've probably all heard the naysayers trot that one out about how sat. photos show increased ice pan coverage in Antarctica as evidence of their naysaying. When in fact that increase is caused by warmer temps. causing increased evaporation/precipitation lowering the salinity of the surface layer which allows it to freeze at a higher temperature. Just don't go skating on it, it's pretty thin. 

5 hours ago, Omni said:

And we've probably all heard the naysayers trot that one out about how sat. photos show increased ice pan coverage in Antarctica as evidence of their naysaying. When in fact that increase is caused by warmer temps. causing increased evaporation/precipitation lowering the salinity of the surface layer which allows it to freeze at a higher temperature. Just don't go skating on it, it's pretty thin. 

You keep making it sound that by tomorrow life on earth will all be gone. You alarmists are something else. You cannot seem to get it that when winter returns to the Arctic or Antarctic all the snow and ice returns. Even in the Prairies of Canada the snow in the winter time has all returned and plenty of it. So, what the hell is your problem anyway? 

17 hours ago, Omni said:

Go do some research. Otherwise you just make sillier and sillier comments.

What you need to know is that you need to get your facts right. There will always be snow falling and ice forming somewhere on earth just in case you are not aware of this fact. Far left liberals like yourself love eating up all that alarmist stuff, and then try to spread it around too others who you hope are gullible enough to listen to your nonsense about the sky is falling in. Quickly, get under cover somewhere. Ya, troll, not better get under that bridge. :D