How Christians reconcile supporting the devil

Argus

12 hours ago, Wilber said:

Ailes. Fired from FOX over multiple accusations of sexual misconduct.

Giuliani. Generally reviled in New York, told the media he was splitting with his wife before he told her.

Christie. Under investigation by the US Attorney, The New Jersey Legislature and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for Bridgegate.

Sleezebags might have been a better description.

Trump's kind of guys through and through.

See?  You're making that silly comparison again between Trump and Hillary.

Bill Clinton - impeached for perjury.

Bill Clinton - multiple accusations of sexual assault and rape. Hillary Clinton - accused as his Enabler.

Bill Clinton - accused of bombing Iraq to distract from his sex scandal.   Hillary Clinton, being undiplomatic with Russia to distract from her email scandals. 

Bill Clinton - receiving $1 million from an Islamic country that's linked to terrorism.

Alamoudi - Hillary and Clinton's Muslim influencer buddy - now in federal prison for funding terrorism

Huma Abedin - linked to radical Islam, and terror organization (Muslim Brotherhood) 

Huma Abedin - despite her background, became Hillary Clinton's top aide in just a few short years.

One very, very, very serious  pattern is emerging - the Clintons are cozy with people involved, or with ties, to radical Islam/terrorism.

This is what I mean about you guys, comparing the common cold with the plague.  You can see zits on Trump but you can't see the boils on Clinton!

So, faced with the gravity of  those mentioned above against the Clintons and their cronies....all your criticisms of Trump's people are silly.............if not downright idiotic, if I may say so.

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, Wilber said:

It's the Trumpites who  are continually bringing up Bill. For the last time. He's not running!

So, is Christie. And Guiliani.   They're not running! :rolleyes:

You Clintonites better get a good grip.  Goodness.  You've got major issues when it comes to appropriate comparisons!

Bill is married to Hill, though.  The First Husband.

He'll be living in the White House....and he'll be part of  ye good olde Bill-and-Hill team.  The accused rapist and his enabler. 

Big difference, again.....Wilber.  Common cold and the plague.

Edited by betsy

On 10/31/2016 at 5:53 AM, betsy said:

Well, same with me.  My imagination of what Jesus' answer to you is based on biblical teachings of Jesus' life and what He had to say on those subjects you mentioned.

Yes, but unlike me you base your imagination on your ideological beliefs, and appear to have very little understanding of what Christianity is about.

Your accusation about healthcare is quite.....deceptive.

I don't know where you got your information, but from what I heard in his rallies, and from the debates....he is going to     get rid of OBAMACARE - not healthcare!

He will replace it with something affordable. 

Really? If Trump actually had a plan to replace Obamacare with 'something affordable' he would have provided details. He hasn't, because he has no such plan. He will get rid of Obamacare, throwing poor Americans back onto their own devices, effectively removing health insurance from tens of millions of Americans. 

See, a few days after he said Obamacare's premium will go up - it did went up!  More people wouldn't be able to afford it now.

Health premiums have been going up for decades. They went up faster, however, before Obamacare than after it. And there are subsidies available for 80% of subscribers so they can afford the increases.

You and Trump can't lie to Jesus, Betsy.

It depends on motivation, Argus.  What motivates a person to do what he does - that's why only God can make those kind of judgements.

I think we can look at his motivation in terms of how he's lived his life. And how he's lived his life is as a hedonistic man who cares only for himself. Thus his motivation is clearly to benefit himself.

Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

That's an interesting quote, Betsy, but it simply reinforces my belief you really don't know much about Christianity. The above is a plea to people to be less materialistic, to care about the earth around them and not so much on their rich clothing. Yet Trump is a hedonist who has lived his entire life as a materialistic glutton, focusing all his life's efforts on gaining wealth and catering to the wealthy.

Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 9

True, Christianity teaches that it is good to be generous. Donald Trump, however, has never been generous nor shown any signs of generosity. He gives almost nothing to charity, except where it benefits himself.

“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Again ,it's interesting you should use this quote given Trump's well-known penchant for bragging (lying) about how much he gives to charity. He even showed up once to take someone else's place on stage at a dinner to celebrate a big charity event for kids with AIDS despite the fact he had given nothing. He often promises he is going to donate a lot and then does nothing. 

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world.

If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life[a]—is not from the Father but is from the world.

LOL. This is another strange biblical quote to use to support Donald Trump, who is a famously prideful lifelong hedonist and prisoner to the desires of the flesh!

You can cut and paste whatever you want from a Christian site, Betsy, but when all it does is reinforce my impression that you understand little or none of it it does nothing to convince me of your faith.

Edited by Argus

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Yes, but unlike me you base your imagination on your ideological beliefs, and appear to have very little understanding of what Christianity is about.

Really? If Trump actually had a plan to replace Obamacare with 'something affordable' he would have provided details. He hasn't, because he has no such plan. He will get rid of Obamacare, throwing poor Americans back onto their own devices, effectively removing health insurance from tens of millions of Americans. 

Health premiums have been going up for decades. They went up faster, however, before Obamacare than after it. And there are subsidies available for 80% of subscribers so they can afford the increases.

You and Trump can't lie to Jesus, Betsy.

I think we can look at his motivation in terms of how he's lived his life. And how he's lived his life is as a hedonistic man who cares only for himself. Thus his motivation is clearly to benefit himself.

That's an interesting quote, Betsy, but it simply reinforces my belief you really don't know much about Christianity. The above is a plea to people to be less materialistic, to care about the earth around them and not so much on their rich clothing. Yet Trump is a hedonist who has lived his entire life as a materialistic glutton, focusing all his life's efforts on gaining wealth and catering to the wealthy.

True, Christianity teaches that it is good to be generous. Donald Trump, however, has never been generous nor shown any signs of generosity. He gives almost nothing to charity, except where it benefits himself.

Again ,it's interesting you should use this quote given Trump's well-known penchant for bragging (lying) about how much he gives to charity. He even showed up once to take someone else's place on stage at a dinner to celebrate a big charity event for kids with AIDS despite the fact he had given nothing. He often promises he is going to donate a lot and then does nothing. 

LOL. This is another strange biblical quote to use to support Donald Trump, who is a famously prideful lifelong hedonist and prisoner to the desires of the flesh!

You can cut and paste whatever you want from a Christian site, Betsy, but when all it does is reinforce my impression that you understand little or none of it it does nothing to convince me of your faith.

I don't care about your opinions which are nothing more than speculations, Argus.

You were deceptive in saying Trump wants to get rid of healthcare.  So what if healthcare premiums have been going up for decades.    I'm stating facts!  Healthcare premiums went up a few days after Trump had said it will!

I gave you Biblical verses that show you lack understanding of Jesus' teachings.   In fact, it's you who should answer your own topic question - after all, you're the one supporting Hillary, who's promoting Satan's agenda!

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

I gave you Biblical verses that show you lack understanding of Jesus' teachings.   In fact, it's you who should answer your own topic question - after all, you're the one supporting Hillary, who's promoting Satan's agenda!

I think everyone reading can see just how out of touch you are with the sentiments behind those biblical passages you posted. I would suggest you find a church, and discuss your confusion with a priest or pastor.

27 minutes ago, Argus said:

I think everyone reading can see just how out of touch you are with the sentiments behind those biblical passages you posted. I would suggest you find a church, and discuss your confusion with a priest or pastor.

Whatever, Argus.  

You don't have anything of substance to say.  You're just cranky because your title blew up on your face.

You were deceptive in saying Trump wants to get rid of healthcare.  So what if healthcare premiums have been going up for decades.    I'm stating facts!  Healthcare premiums went up a few days after Trump had said it will!

So Trump is going to make healthcare universal without making it compulsory and still keep premiums down? Ya right. You can't have a universal program unless it is exactly that, universal. No one gets to opt out. Obama couldn't get that past Congress. I can't wait to see Trump try.

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump knows that access to universal health care insurance is not the same as access to health care.

Well actually it does unless you are going to a single payer plan. Insurance works by sharing risk. If you let all the low risk people to opt out, you wind up with exactly what you have now.

4 minutes ago, Wilber said:

Well actually it does unless you are going to a single payer plan. Insurance works by sharing risk. If you let all the low risk people to opt out, you wind up with exactly what you have now.

Health care is services and products...regardless of how it is paid for.  Insurance is not health care, not even in Canada.  Trump understands this well.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Health care is services and products...regardless of how it is paid for.  Insurance is not health care, not even in Canada.

So Trump wants a single payer program that includes everyone. No one has to buy insurance. That what you are saying?

Edited by Wilber
Sp

4 minutes ago, Wilber said:

So Trump wants a single payer program that includes everyone. No one has to buy insurance. That what you are saying?

Single payer requires universal taxes/fees.   Trump wants to reverse the ACA to previous market based solutions.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/healthcare-reform

Edited by bush_cheney2004

20 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Single payer requires universal taxes/fees.   Trump wants to reverse the ACA to previous market based solutions.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/healthcare-reform

That's what I said, everyone to his or her own devices. You can't afford it? Tough luck. Die.

How er, Christian. :rolleyes:

Edited by Argus

21 hours ago, Wilber said:

So people will have to buy insurance or pay out their own pockets. Isn't he proposing pretty much the same let the free market do its thing that you had before?

Yes, but with more competition, including across state lines.   85% of polled Americans were satisfied with their previous health insurance.

52 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes, but with more competition, including across state lines.   85% of polled Americans were satisfied with their previous health insurance.

Of course, that left out the 45 million Americans who couldn't afford health insurance. And, of course, the questions didn't ask Americans if they were satisfied with what their health insurance cost.

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Christianity does not mean free or affordable health care.   That includes abortions.

Jesus would ensure that the sick were healed, if possible.

Republicans would vastly prefer lower taxes, even if the sick die. Yet they call themselves Christians...

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

Jesus would ensure that the sick were healed, if possible.

Republicans would vastly prefer lower taxes, even if the sick die. Yet they call themselves Christians...

Nothing wrong with dying.   That's how you go to heaven.   Jesus doesn't do elective abortions.

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Nothing wrong with dying.   That's how you go to heaven.   Jesus doesn't do elective abortions.

Current Christian thinking is that aborted fetuses go straight to heaven.  Surely that would be preferable to the likelihood that their sinful, hedonist single mothers put them on a path to sin that will send them straight to hell.

-k