Because it's 2016

poochy

How does anyone know who among the Muslims present want to murder all Jews?

Just because some crazy guy says something does not mean everyone within ear shot is going to support him and agree with him.

They worship at al-Qaradawi's mosque. Do you have ANY clue who he is?

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he's just stupid, is what you're saying. JT is stupider than a bag of hammers and so is his entire government. How were they to know those Muslims want to murder all the Jews?

The problem here is that you lie about Muslims and their beliefs, as I've already shown. You'll argue that all Muslims want to kill Jews. I shouldn't have to tell you how stupid and wrong that is but you clearly don't care.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/muslim-jewish-communities-michigan-host-day-service-christmas-n481236

I know. Those people aren't REAL Muslims because to you the only REAL interpretation of Islam is held by ISIS.

The problem here is that you lie about Muslims and their beliefs, as I've already shown. You'll argue that all Muslims want to kill Jews. I shouldn't have to tell you how stupid and wrong that is but you clearly don't care.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/muslim-jewish-communities-michigan-host-day-service-christmas-n481236

I know. Those people aren't REAL Muslims because to you the only REAL interpretation of Islam is held by ISIS.

So those attending a Nazi Rally aren't Nazis?

This is the rhetoric of said mosque you defend...

Throughout history, Allah has imposed upon the Jews people who would punish them for their corruption ... The last punishment was carried out by Hitler. By means of all the things he did to them – even though they exaggerated this issue – he managed to put them in their place. This was divine punishment for them.... Allah Willing, the next time will be at the hand of the believers.

---Imam al-Qaradawi

Then wouldn't it have been more productive had JT gone to a Mosque with more progressive views?

Which one?

Here is basic human psychology. If all their scholars say that the genders must be segregated at all times, and nobody is pointing out how stupid this is, but instead, demonstrating that we approve of it, then how is it ever going to change?

Did segregation in the US end simply because everyone was being non-judgmental and smiling benignly towards segregationists? I don't think so.

As far as tactics go, no, I do not think it is a good idea to charge into Mosques and tell Muslims they are being stupid and we are going to show them the way by forcing them to desegregate.

Someday, as more people realize the stupidity of religious freedom - something I have raised in threads elsewhere in this forum- there will be a change.

My preference is to build bridges, open dialogue, show them how we do it in Canada by having women stand with the PM during the visit for all to see how we do things differently.

Let the change come by a slow death on the vine rather than through a quick razing.

When I ask for a cite I expect a certain quality to it.

Yours was lacking, to say the least.

Mainstream newspapers quoting polls and surveys aren't up to your standard, are they?

Let me guess, it has to be from Al Jazeera, RT or Worldnews daily in order to count with you?

As far as tactics go, no, I do not think it is a good idea to charge into Mosques and tell Muslims they are being stupid and we are going to show them the way by forcing them to desegregate.

Someday, as more people realize the stupidity of religious freedom - something I have raised in threads elsewhere in this forum- there will be a change.

My preference is to build bridges, open dialogue, show them how we do it in Canada by having women stand with the PM during the visit for all to see how we do things differently.

Let the change come by a slow death on the vine rather than through a quick razing.

There we are: who are we to change Islam's antisemitism? Let it ride...

What a strange question.

Of course I disagree with segregation of all kinds.

However, I also realize that religious freedom allows for certain things as disgusting as they are.

So segregating Blacks and Whites is okay if that's what your religion says? Not just in church but in life? You're fine with that?

This type of hyperbole is a straw man. Though some could say the views of said Mosque's leaders could violate hate speech laws, no one is saying they don't have the right to segregate men and women.

Then you are not reading what others are saying in this very thread.

What I'm saying is that a PM shouldn't be going around affirming churches that implement those practices. ESPECIALLY when he's trademarked the feminist PM moniker.

And I am saying that there is a point being made by a PM who attends a Mosque with women he considers to be his equals (or near equals since he is "Prime" after all).

That point may be too subtle for some but it likely was not very subtle among the Muslim women present.

Edited by msj

Mainstream newspapers quoting polls and surveys aren't up to your standard, are they?

Let me guess, it has to be from Al Jazeera, RT or Worldnews daily in order to count with you?

No, a real study showing real data - not a claim based on someone's memory of what she thought it was like ten years ago.

Edited by msj

So segregating Blacks and Whites is okay if that's what your religion says? Not just in church but in life? You're fine with that?

No I have clearly stated I disagree with it.

I have also clearly stated that our Constitution has problems to sort out with respect to such matters of religious freedom and bigotry.

How about instead visiting one of the mosques which doesn't segregate genders and speaking with approval to them, reaffirming that they are more in the Canadian spirit?

How slow? A hundred years? A thousand years?

No, a real study showing real data - not a claim based on someone's memory of what she thought it was like ten years ago.

Neither of the cites spoke of memory. Both mentioned surveys. You are simply in denial, holding your hands over your ears and making loud mouth noises.

Edited by Argus

How about instead visiting one of the mosques which doesn't segregate genders and speaking with approval to them, reaffirming that they are more in the Canadian spirit?

At this point I think I would like to see a complete video and read a complete transcript of what transpired before going further.

There is too much opinion and too little fact (from all of us).

At this point I think I would like to see a complete video and read a complete transcript of what transpired before going further.

There is too much opinion and too little fact (from all of us).

No there actually isn't. The opinion is coming from you and the other progressives defending Trudeau. The facts are coming from the other side. You have NO facts.

Here are two. First, there are mosques where women are segregated from men, boys from girls. There are mosques where this is not done.

Second, Trudeau chose the first kind of mosque, praised them rather than condemning, and ignored the second kind of mosque.

These are the main facts in this discussion.

I suppose if I go to the Mosque and yell: "your ideas are deplorable, your ideas are deplorable" then they will come around to my point of view. :rolleyes:

Excuses. Either you're against what this mosque stands for (antisemitism, misogyny, Islamic supremacy to name a few) or you aren't.

Neither of the cites spoke of memory. Both mentioned surveys. You are simply in denial, holding your hands over your ears and making loud mouth noises.

She speaks of a recent survey (I am guessing - there is no "" marks around that part so who really knows where the numbers come from).

A survey not linked to in the cite but we are expected to take either her word for it or the reporters word for it.

But you would never oppose it, never demand the government speak out about it or condemn it in even the mildest language.

I do oppose it.

Trudeau can do what he says was his purpose: to speak to Canadians wherever they are.

Even Muslims know Trudeau supports women and LGBT etc etc.

Sometimes in life, especially in politics, you cannot always go in with guns blazing....

Sometimes you can make a point in a subtler manner.

Rev. Anthony Aikins said Trudeau and his family popped in to attend service at Mary Queen of the World Church in Joe Batt's Arm on Sunday.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/trudeau-nl-church-fogo-1.3510985

The Catholic church doesn't allow women to be priests or any church leadership position. Clearly a mysoginistic viewpoint. The churches hid pedophile priests to avoid prosecution. Clearly, this church supports women being 2nd class citizens and is pro-pedophile.

Where were all you people when he attended services there?

Excuses. Either you're against what this mosque stands for (antisemitism, misogyny, Islamic supremacy to name a few) or you aren't.

Well, I am against those ideas.

So what now? Do I need to go there and try and burn it to the ground?

Edited by msj