Is pro-choice a rational position?

betsy

Don't believe in abortion?

Don't have one.

I don't believe in religion ...

Pro-life want to save infants from getting slaughtered. They are human beings.

That's the point, Jacee.

You're not murdering anyone by not believing in religion, Jacee. You're only killing yourself by rejecting Jesus.

Hopefully, someday.....you'll come to Him.

Edited by betsy

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the point, Jacee.

You're not murdering anyone by not believing in religion, Jacee. You're only killing yourself by rejecting Jesus.

Jesus was a cool dude, a revolutionary, an admirable human being ... not a god.

You can choose to believe what you wish and do with your body what you wish.

And I likewise.

You can't control/legislate what other women choose to do with their bodies and lives.

Don't waste your time on that.

Go crusade for kids born to parents who can't care for them.

Many from the lgbt community do believe in religion and they do come to Him, however there seems to be strings attached. Go figure.

That's the point, Jacee.

If that's the point, then you've already lost. You'll never be able to force someone to carry a healhy baby to term. Have you not seen the results of FAS? Have you not heard of 15-year-old girls getting illegal abortions? That's all your efforts will accomplish. These sacred babies are not coming into a world to parents that want them. Often these women have lifestyles that will doom the baby from the very start, and you're not going to be able to "save" them from that too. Your trying to save them may serve your own ego and you may think you're a better person for it, but given the attention you would pay to the "saved" babies once they're born, you're really not.

I wonder if it would work to put poor women who want abortions in touch with rich people who want children.

Teenage pregnancies have been on the decline for many years while abortions for women in their 30's and 40's are on the rise. It's more about a lifestyle choice than anything else.

Teenage pregnancies have been on the decline for many years while abortions for women in their 30's and 40's are on the rise. It's more about a lifestyle choice than anything else.

All the same, it might be worth starting a registry of some kind. 40 year old women can be poor too.

If a 40 year old woman wants to go through adoption she will find a way.

Well, I meant the 40 year old who wanted an abortion. Still, It's a good idea. It could be like Kajiji.

I wonder if it would work to put poor women who want abortions in touch with rich people who want children.

There's a huge demand among rich people for alcohol and heroin-addicted infants with FAS and AIDS? Or is that just your fantasy that every child "saved" from an abortion is a happy ending you can now forget about?

There's a huge demand among rich people for alcohol and heroin-addicted infants with FAS and AIDS? Or is that just your fantasy that every child "saved" from an abortion is a happy ending you can now forget about?

No, I was just thinking about some extra cash.

If that's the point, then you've already lost. You'll never be able to force someone to carry a healhy baby to term. Have you not seen the results of FAS? Have you not heard of 15-year-old girls getting illegal abortions? That's all your efforts will accomplish. These sacred babies are not coming into a world to parents that want them. Often these women have lifestyles that will doom the baby from the very start, and you're not going to be able to "save" them from that too. Your trying to save them may serve your own ego and you may think you're a better person for it, but given the attention you would pay to the "saved" babies once they're born, you're really not.

If women want to have illegal abortion, and endanger their own lives - that's their choice.

But that's not reason enough to legalize the murder of infants!

With that dysfunctional reasoning.......you might just as well legalize all crimes!

Edited by betsy

A lot of grandparents had come forward to raise their grandchildren.

A lot of people are looking to adopt - they're mostly looking for infants! I should know! I'm a foster mom and I know that infants are getting adopted left and right! And these are mostly infants with syndromes from addict moms.

The demand is there.

Even children who grow up in foster care are having normal lives. There are some that we hear about in the news that have gone through some bad and horrific experience while in foster care, but that is not a common occurrence.

Edited by betsy

A lot of people are looking to adopt - they're mostly looking for infants! I should know! I'm a foster mom and I know that infants are getting adopted left and right! And these are mostly infants with syndromes from addict moms.

The demand is there.

What's the demand for meth-addicted babies with AIDS?

A lot of grandparents had come forward to raise their grandchildren.

The demand is there.

Sure. I think any women who has a child in her that she doesn't want should be able to put it up for auction. Win - Win.

And she can if she wants to. I don't get your point in this?

It doesn't matter. It's not a thesis.

Edit> Although I have to admit, I'm not at all sure she can.

Maybe I missed it.

Edited by bcsapper

So you're pro-choice but only if abortion is made illegal and the pregnant women risk death?

We all have our choice! Choice. Practically in everything we do where decision-making is involved - from what you want to have for breakfast, or what you'll wear today, to have a shower or not, to sleep in or no, etc..,

So, what is there to be "pro" about choice? It practically comes naturally to us like breathing.

Does it makes sense to have a movement that's called, "Pro-Breathing?" :lol:

That's why the name, Pro-choice, doesn't make any sense!

It reflects though the mindset of those who support abortion - just like their name, their justification doesn't

make any sense.

Edited by betsy

...That's why the name, Pro-choice, doesn't make any sense!

It reflects though the mindset of those who support abortion - just like their name, their justification doesn't

make any sense.

Agreed....pro-choice supports legal abortion including taxpayer funding to kill the unborn.

Maybe they are pro-birth and anti-birth at the same time !

Sure it does. One can seek an abortion or not. Choice.

The infant being murdered doesn't get any choice! His life is what gets impacted the most! He gets dead!

So there goes your "pro-choice" right off the bat!

But you don't want to see Choice. You wish it mandated that there will be no choice.

So you are anti-choice and I am pro-choice. Makes perfect sense.

Actually, you are against choice.

You are promoting that there is no other alternative other than murder.

You're trying to eliminate the other choices she could have: to do the right thing by caring for, and raising her own child,

or giving her child a chance to experience going through life, through adoption.

In our society, we've got various agencies that help mothers, especially single mothers! There is no excuse for murder!

You are also applying pressure on the woman to commit murder by implying the sooner she murders her own child,

the easier it is. It's not. Research had shown there are psychological repercussions.

You are projecting your own choice upon her.

Furthermore, most women who find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy are most likely distraught and confused about what they really want to do. They're in panic mode. They are under duress!

They need to be counselled before they can make any sound decision. There are other options!

A lot of women had changed their mind about giving up their children for adoption, after they'd given birth.

Murder, must never be endorsed, or even suggested. Once you commit it, it's done! There's no undoing what's done.

Saving an innocent, vulnerable human (who'd never been given any choice about his predicament), must be the priority.

To be protected - that's his right!

Edited by betsy

You are promoting that there is no other alternative other than murder.

I am doing no such thing. You are, not me. It is you who wishes the pregnant to have no other alternative but murder, not I.

You're trying to eliminate the other choices she could have: to do the right thing by caring for, and raising her own child,

or giving her child a chance to experience going through life, through adoption.

Not at all! A pregnant woman could very well choose to continue bearing the child and giving birth. I do not advocate removing that option nor even inhibiting that option in any way at all. I wonder where the hell you got the idea that I wish to eliminate her other choices?

You are projecting your own choice upon her.

Not at all. I would allow the pregnant the choice to abort or not. It is you who seems to believe that she should have no choice. It is you who believes in projecting your choice upon her. Not I.

They need to be counselled before they can make any sound decision

But Betsy, your position is they should not be allowed to make that decision. Even if panicked or confused or distraught or duressed. Your position is that Abortion should be a criminal act and the pregnant must remain so no matter what. So what need of counselling ? In your world: none, or maybe the counsel of a lawyer.

A lot of women had changed their mind about giving up their children for adoption, after they'd given birth.

Certainly. I know of a few that didn't change their mind and some who decided for abortion instead . Y'see the common thread? Choices. Lots of choices. You wish to restrict a womans options to Zero. No options.

Murder, must never be endorsed, or even suggested.

Again, it is you who says abortion is murder. Not I. Abortion is not even petty crime. It's no crime at all. There is no murder. It is you who wishes it to be considered as such, not I.

Edited by Peter F