The Dylann Roof thread

Boges

You know very well that the vast majority of illegal guns in both Canada and Mexico come from the United States. I have no interest in arguing about this with a gun lobbyist who lives in a fantasy world where widely and easily accessible firearms aren't a problem but a utopia. If you're going to pretend the Mexican Cartel operates in a vacuum within Mexico, what point is there in even addressing anything else you've said in your post?

Perhaps Canada, but there is no clear evidence that the majority of firearms used in crimes in Mexico come from the United States........

Likewise, I didn't suggest that the Mexican cartels operate in a vacuum, quite the opposite, as Mexican cartels, like criminals within the United States (or even Canada), don't give gun control laws a second thought, and despite controls on the lawful sale of firearms in all three countries, criminals are still able to obtain firearms, and in many cases, firearms that can't even be bought lawfully in Mexico/United States/Canada.........

As such, to curtail gun violence, in all three countries, one must resolve the causes of such violence......

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many ways to legally bypass "gun control" laws. Gun control is way oversold as an effective barrier to obtaining firearms, even in "100% safe Canada".

Where are the various criminal groups in Mexico/United States/Canada obtaining the type 56 rifles, Uzis, P90s and Saiga 12s still in their factory grease from?

I believe that Kim City must be among the most firearms-crazy communities in Canada. It seems like every third car on the road is a mud-covered off-road capable vehicle with a Browning buck-mark sticker on the back window. If you took every "Support the Troops" ribbons and breast cancer ribbons and every other awareness sticker on cars and added them all up, you wouldn't have 1/10th as many of those as you have of the Browning buck-mark stickers. We've got more major gun stores than major electronics stores. I bet we have more guns per capita than any other city of notable size in Canada.

But the only firearms violence we've had in the 8 years I've lived here was when a bunch of drug gang members from Abbottsford came to town to party for a weekend.

-k

And the Type 56 is Chinese, and the Saiga is Russian. That was kind of what Derek is getting at.

-k

Exactly ;) And the majority of the American made weapons they have obtained are off of bribed, surrended and dead Mexican police and army.......the cartels are not smuggling in automatic rifles and carbines, heavy machine guns, grenade launchers and RPGs from Bob's knife & gun store in backwoods Texas.....so much so, the German government has halted weapons sales to Mexican police and army out of fear that the cartels will obtain them "secondhand"....

But the only firearms violence we've had in the 8 years I've lived here was when a bunch of drug gang members from Abbottsford came to town to party for a weekend.

-k

Exactly, and in Canada, organized crime is obtaining types of firearms that are prohibited for sale to lawful Canadian gun owners.......and in many cases, firearms that most Americans can't even purchase.

There is a type of gun an American cant buy...doubt it.

Of course you doubt it, but then, you have little knowledge on the subject......for example, the Americans are unable to purchase a whole host of firearms as outlined in the 1968 Gun Control Act, likewise in many States automatic arms (sans Class 3 States), nor firearms produced in China or the majority from Russia (Milsurps).......all weapons that are common place in the arsenals of the Mexican drug cartels.

Edited by Derek 2.0

Of course you doubt it, but then, you have little knowledge on the subject......for example, the Americans are unable to purchase a whole host of firearms as outlined in the 1968 Gun Control Act, likewise in many States automatic arms (sans Class 3 States), nor firearms produced in China or the majority from Russia (Milsurps).......all weapons that are common place in the arsenals of the Mexican drug cartels.

Bet I could buy a Ar 15.

Bet I could buy a Ar 15.

I could buy an AR-15 too. It's a legal, restricted firearm in Canada. It's not a super-weapon. It's a small-calibre semi-automatic rifle.

-k

Exactly. And then you could go to an elementary school and blow a bunch of kids away for something to do for an afternoon.

I could do the same with any number of firearms. I'm not sure why the name "AR-15" provokes such anger from some people.

-k

I could do the same with any number of firearms. I'm not sure why the name "AR-15" provokes such anger from some people.

-k

Probably because of its popularity in mass shootings and its continued availability. But as you say, there are quite a variety of guns available if you take a notion to go on a rampage. Its not so much the model but the availability which keeps on cropping up.

No Im thinking fruit bats. They have those big teeth ya know.

Maybe it goes Fruit Bats, Lousville Sluggers and then Marruci. But then we have to figure out the different types of clubs. And then we have hammers.. this could take awhile. How convinient the FBI doesn't include that data.

Maybe it goes Fruit Bats, Lousville Sluggers and then Marruci. But then we have to figure out the different types of clubs. And then we have hammers.. this could take awhile. How convinient the FBI doesn't include that data.

Well the FBI breaks it down by types of firearms... at least the "clubs" data could be broken down into like wood, aluminum, 2x4 with nails through it, 2x4 without nails...

-k

Well the FBI breaks it down by types of firearms... at least the "clubs" data could be broken down into like wood, aluminum, 2x4 with nails through it, 2x4 without nails...

-k

And to think, the number of blunt objects found on any school ground :o

Don't worry bud. Once you break it down each blunt object probably accounts for less than drowning. It's the lakes you have to watch out for.

Maybe, I don't know, but then, I'm not the one suggesting bats, hammers, AR-15s or lakes should be banned ;)

All of which, per the FBI, are used in relatively few homicides annually in the United States........of all the fear mongering made over the AR-15, the most popular and most produced modern rifle in the United States, one would think the actual crime statistics would show its use far more in the commission of gun violence..........but since its not, could it be, all the fear encompassing the ArmaLite Rifle # 15 is unfounded? :o

I'm truly gobsmacked!!!