Harper won't take part in media consortium debates

This is insane conspiracy theory nonsense that has no basis in reality. Keep your blogspot articles to yourself and come back with some credible sources of information.

It's not an insane conspiracy theory, the emails that brought this collusion about are out there, it specifically came about after on an on air personality complained about part of an interview he had with Trudeau was used in an ad, but you go ahead and keep pretending the world is as you must believe it to be in spite of actual evidence to the contrary.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't keep it to yourselves. Put it all on public display so it can be evaluated and criticized accordingly for the nonsensical conspiracy theory garbage that it is.

Of course it's garbage, despite the actual evidence, it doesn't conform with your beliefs so it just can't be true.

The CBC might not like the conservatives? They might prefer Trudeau? O heavens no, not our CBC.

It's not an insane conspiracy theory, the emails that brought this collusion about are out there, it specifically came about after on an on air personality complained about part of an interview he had with Trudeau was used in an ad, but you go ahead and keep pretending the world is as you must believe it to be in spite of actual evidence to the contrary.

Of course it's garbage, despite the actual evidence, it doesn't conform with your beliefs so it just can't be true.

The CBC might not like the conservatives? They might prefer Trudeau? O heavens no, not our CBC.

What's garbage is not that there's a Consortium, but the your whiney snivelling victim complex about the Conservatives being picked on by the media. The party of transparency and accountability clearly prefers neither and certainly doesn't want to be accountable to the media that's reporting to Canadians. Nobody on this forum or anywhere else has substantiated any of this tripe about the media being biased towards the Liberal Party. Those are the mad ramblings of extreme right wing ideologues who are upset that their insane ideas are given about as much credit as the insane ideas of extreme left wing anarchists.

It's been asked before. Michael Hardner went down this road several times before on this forum, so I'll ask it again.

Don't just TELL me that there's bias. Demonstrate it. SHOW me routine systemic bias that favours the Liberal Party in the media.

When she continually talked over Prentice and Jean and the moderator did nothing to try and display a little common courtesy- I turned it off.

Seen this before.

It's called blaming other people for your faults.

WWWTT

The problem with Harper is he's a control freak and HE has to stand on HIS way of governing the past 9-10 years and all the scandals, scams etc. and he can't handle three other opposition leaders coming at him, he'll crack! Harper has done many things to change things American-like or harmonize with the US and now they want to have it like the US debates. I wonder will the IRI help with this election?

The problem with Harper is he's a control freak and HE has to stand on HIS way of governing the past 9-10 years and all the scandals, scams etc. and he can't handle three other opposition leaders coming at him, he'll crack! Harper has done many things to change things American-like or harmonize with the US and now they want to have it like the US debates. I wonder will the IRI help with this election?

Forget 3 opposition leaders. Harper can't handle Mulcair alone.

Actually it is a better idea. The old way is a old way. What we need is real debates, not everyone screaming at harper. Now trudeau is feeling bullied by this, which again tells us a lot about him. What we want is debates between the leaders themselves. No more softball questions for certain leaders. And this is what scares the liberals. Having their guy go up against harper and mulcair. No more protecting the liberals.

Look at the last debate, all it was ,was attacks and the rude Ms May. There was no debating. That is harper and mulcair wants, is to take them on, not have the CBC running interference for Justin. Now it seems the liberals are the ones shaking in their boots.

Harper has stated he wont even listen to any further proposals from the consortium. I guess he wants it his way or no way, which is not out of character for a control freak. Then of course there is his campaign spokesman Kory Teneycke, whos Sun news is now on the dung heap of right wing media, now gets to stamp his feet at CBC. In any case, I dont so much care the format, but I do look forward to Mulcair raking Harper over the coals on his record and various scandals where he cant simply hand the tough stuff over to a cabinet minister.

"What we need is a real debate and by real debate I mean one where Harper doesn't need to have any accountability for his record."

I can't wait to see Mulcair rip a piece off of Harper and Justin!

WWWTT

Look at the last debate, all it was ,was attacks and the rude Ms May. There was no debating. That is harper and mulcair wants, is to take them on, not have the CBC running interference for Justin. Now it seems the liberals are the ones shaking in their boots.

I would far and away prefer a debate between Harper and Mulcair, and then on a separate night, one between Harper and Trudeau. You could also have one between Trudeau and Mulcair, if you're the type who likes to see kittens get stepped on.

I really don't understand. So, CBC, CTV, Global and City aren't going to 'organize and televise' the debates ?

Isn't that what I said ? That the Conservatives can stay out of the TV debates ?

Did you even read the article? The Conservatives have already agreed to two debates (one being done by Macleans, the other by TVA) and are looking over offers for up to three more. CPC is more than happy to participate in debates, televised or otherwise. Those other networks can even air the broadcast, they just don't get to produce the content. If I had to guess, TVO is probably one of the others in the running.

This could be a really good move long term. We might end up with the beginnings of an election campaign that had actual debates instead of shrill scream-fests like we've been getting in recent years. Let's hope.

Did you even read the article? The Conservatives have already agreed to two debates (one being done by Macleans, the other by TVA) and are looking over offers for up to three more. CPC is more than happy to participate in debates, televised or otherwise. Those other networks can even air the broadcast, they just don't get to produce the content. If I had to guess, TVO is probably one of the others in the running.

I skimmed it... but...

Ok, so the event can be "televised" on TVO.

I still don't get it: they don't want to be in a debate on major networks with all the parties.

Could be a good move ? For whom ? If the Conservatives agreed to participate then they can have a voice in deciding the format...

They'll be in MacLeans Magazine instead ? What ?

I still don't get it: they don't want to be in a debate on major networks with all the parties.

Why would the "major networks" not want to cover the Leaders Debates - perhaps even all of them. Remember - the high-minded consortium said they were doing it as a public service (wink, wink).....now they would get to televise it without the added expense of producing it......and they could still partner together in the actual televising to reduce even that cost......and they would still be providing a public service (wink again). Sounds like what you might refer to as a "win-win".