Obama’s Iran deal falls far short of his own goals

What if Iran had a lot of good reasons to distrust the rogue nuclear armed elephant that's been trampling on them along with just about everyone else in the region, except Israel, since at least 1953?

You just can't put yourself in those shoes no matter what can you?

And when you see what happened to the east (Afghanistan) and the west (Iraq) of Iran, I think I'd want to purchase a weapon to protect my home. The neighborhood has gotten a lot more dangerous this past decade.

Iran has meddled in places it should not be, no doubt, but Iran has been under a constant attack since the rescuing of the hostages after the CIA tried to take Iran's leadership out. I'd be pissed to. Iran's research facilities and military installations have been under direct attack from special ops forces from the USA and Israel.

Both sides can take some blame, but neither side own up to it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Israel never drops bombs on its neighbours.......

Israel never dropped bombs on Iran. Israel's neighbours keeping sending in missile strikes and suicide bombers. Making tunnels into Israel, kidnappings, murders. Again, what the hell would Canada do if this was happening in Toronto. a hundred missile strikes a day for 2 weeks straight. Apathetic leftwing Canadians don't care until the shit gets real and it starts happening to them and they can't drive to their local coffee shop because it's been blown up. Then we'd see some anger.

Israel never dropped bombs on Iran. Israel's neighbours keeping sending in missile strikes and suicide bombers. Making tunnels into Israel, kidnappings, murders. Again, what the hell would Canada do if this was happening in Toronto. a hundred missile strikes a day for 2 weeks straight. Apathetic leftwing Canadians don't care until the shit gets real and it starts happening to them and they can't drive to their local coffee shop because it's been blown up. Then we'd see some anger.

If Canada occupied Michigan and spent 60 years stripping it of resources then you can be damn sure there WOULD be some rockets and attacks, and rightly so.

The Michigan thing would never happen. The US would give us a week to get out, then they'd come in and level the invaders, taking back their land (And the leftwing Canadians would shriek that it's not fair because they used automatic weaponry and phosphorous grenades), and rightly so. Israel has been much more patient with invaders.

LOL! I love the phrase, "stripping it of resources"! You obviously don't know what you're talking about and only get your info from leftwing sites. Tell me, how many times has Israel been invaded? Or do your leftwing sites not include inconvenient tidbits like that?

Edited by sharkman

I love the phrase, "stripping it of resources"!

You should, its exactly whats happening. And you dont need to visit left wing websites to learn that either. Just look at the massive network of wells, pipelines, and pumping stations in the occupied territories.

It was and is illegal for Israel to possess nuclear weapons. You seem to be of the opinion that all manner of war crime, terrorism and illegality is made okay because one is an ally.

I hope you don't also consider your position moral.

How exactly is it illegal for Israel to possess nuclear weapons? It is not a signatory to the NPT.

How exactly is it illegal for Israel to possess nuclear weapons? It is not a signatory to the NPT.

Even if it was a signatory it could simply withdraw from the treaty. So could Iran.

And yes... theres no comprehensive ban on the posession of nuclear weapons in international law. In fact international law is not realy "law" at all. Its a lot more like the wild wild west... might is right. If theres a possee capable and willing to punish you for acting in a certain way, then its illegal. If there isnt its not. Beyond that all that "international law" is, is a patchwork of voluntary treaties and agreements. Only enforcable if theres an enforcer.

So yeah... both Iran or Israel can build nuclear weapons, just like India and Pakistan did. The question is, is there anyone thats willing to actually physically stop them, and capable of it? The answer is right now no.

Even if it was a signatory it could simply withdraw from the treaty. So could Iran.

And yes... theres no comprehensive ban on the posession of nuclear weapons in international law. In fact international law is not realy "law" at all. Its a lot more like the wild wild west... might is right. If theres a possee capable and willing to punish you for acting in a certain way, then its illegal. If there isnt its not. Beyond that all that "international law" is, is a patchwork of voluntary treaties and agreements. Only enforcable if theres an enforcer.

So yeah... both Iran or Israel can build nuclear weapons, just like India and Pakistan did. The question is, is there anyone thats willing to actually physically stop them, and capable of it? The answer is right now no.

There are certainly aspects of law that could be construed as general binding; Maritime Law is generally accepted as applying to all nations. But the vast body of what we consider "international law" is on shakier ground. At the end of the day, the Great Powers (however that membership is defined) have always, by sheer might alone, been somewhat immune to any attempt at creating an international order. This was a problem that has confounded diplomats and advocates of a binding international law since the Congress of Vienna.

What if Iran had a lot of good reasons to distrust the rogue nuclear armed elephant that's been trampling on them along with just about everyone else in the region, except Israel, since at least 1953?

You just can't put yourself in those shoes no matter what can you?

Tell me, Eyeball, if Satan actually appeared before us all, Satan himself, proving his actual existence, and denounced the US, you'd immediately become a Satanist and start sacrificing babies, wouldn't you?

And when you see what happened to the east (Afghanistan) and the west (Iraq) of Iran, I think I'd want to purchase a weapon to protect my home. The neighborhood has gotten a lot more dangerous this past decade.

Iran has meddled in places it should not be, no doubt,

I don't suppose it's occurred to you that Iran's meddling has had a lot to do with the misery, bloodshed and violence in both Afghanistan and Iraq, has it?

So you support Israel in bombing civilians in Gaza?

You have no problem with the comparative death counts?

You think that's OK?

Perhaps the most simplistic complaint of the far left on the Arab Israeli confrontations is their petulant whining that not enough Jews are being killed.

It's like there is some sort of expectation on their behalf that this is a game, and both sides ought to have parity insofar as numbers of players, equipment and chances go. And if one side has more men on the ice, or bigger sticks, well then, that's simply not fair sport! The fact the other team insists on playing again and again and again, even though they get their asses kicked, is taken as nothing more than a containing source of unfairness, and the source of admiration for the losing side as they keep coming back for more.

• 2 weeks later...

Sharkman: How freaked out would Canadians be to such an act of terrorism, with the resulting effects across the country?

Je suis Omar: Pretty damn freaked out, I'd say considering how loudly they have been "baaaaing" over virtually nothing.

Sharkman: If a foreign entity fired a hundred missiles a day into Toronto for a week, just how long do you propose we do nothing and just take it?

Je suis Omar: How long do you propose the Afghans and Iraqis do nothing and just take it?

I would like to hear more views on what would/will happen if this deal is not ratified?

This really is a whole lot of nothing. Every country in the world should have nuclear weapons and everyone might as well aim them inward at themselves 'cause once things start rockin' & rollin', we's all toast, severely burnt toast.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't suppose it's occurred to you that Iran's meddling has had a lot to do with the misery, bloodshed and violence in both Afghanistan and Iraq, has it?

Oh, the grand hypocrisy, the willfull attempts at deception. Whatever "meddling" Iran has done is totally eclipsed, absolutely dwarfed by the monumentally greater terrorism and war crimes that the USA has brought to, not only Afghanistan and Iraq, but the whole Middle East, on a continuous basis for over half a century.

How can one, you Argus, hope to advance such a patently ludicrous notion, given that you support those same massive war crimes and terrorist activities of the USA?

Talk about an incredible conflict of interest! Such malevolent dishonesty!

And folks sit silent and let these lame propagandist memes issue from your mouth.

Edited by Je suis Omar