Monsanto man Roundup ready?

If you did any research at all, you would know this is utter rubbish. If you don't like these, there is oodles more.

.https://skeptoid.com/blog/2013/05/04/roundup-and-gut-bacteria/

http://geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/01/10-studies-proving-gmos-are-harmful-not-if-science-matters/

Speaking of rubbish, why are you quoting from a "skeptic" site created by discredited fraudster - Brian Dunning? I used to listen to his short podcasts and when he was a guest of the Skeptics Guide To The Universe.

Dunning co-founded Buylink, a business-to-business service provider, in 1996, and served at the company until 2002. He later became eBay's second biggest affiliate marketer; he has since been convicted of wire fraud through a cookie stuffing scheme. In August 2014, he was sentenced to 15 months in prison, to be followed by three years of supervised release for the company obtaining between $200,000 and $400,000 through wire fraud.[2]

So what does he do today to make a living? Collect payoffs directly from Monsanto and the oil companies like Steve Milloy and Marc Morano?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilarious.

Yes Patrick Moore made a boo boo. Who hasn't? I have great respect for David Suzuki and he has made quite a few whoppers over the years...

This is a bit long, 16 minutes, but it is really hilarious. It is all good and relevant but if you are in a hurry go to 12 minutes when he talks about Monsanto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulq0NW1sTcI

The guy was a classic BS idiot.

He made the claim, he couldnt /wouldnt back it up. As for anyone tainting the Roundup, totally preposterous and without a shred of merit.

Bill Gates promoted a fliter for water from tainted sources and then drank it on camera. So have many others.

Funny how that works.

Bill Gates, like Patrick Moore, is also a big supporter of Golden Rice:

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/what-we-do/global-development/agricultural-development/golden-rice

Speaking of rubbish, why are you quoting from a "skeptic" site created by discredited fraudster - Brian Dunning? I used to listen to his short podcasts and when he was a guest of the Skeptics Guide To The Universe.

So what does he do today to make a living? Collect payoffs directly from Monsanto and the oil companies like Steve Milloy and Marc Morano?

I like the site, and he supplies legit sources. As I said in the post, if you don't like those, there are plenty more. If you looked, you would find peer reviewed studies supporting this.

I'm not surprised that you think that. You and jacee have never really demonstrated strong reasoning or critical thinking skills.

You may regret that post.....lets see....

I would happily say that dish soap isn't causing cancer. If you told me to back that claim up by drinking a glass of it, I'd tell you to screw off. It tastes terrible and what do I have to prove to you? You can't argue way out of a soggy paper bag.

Oh my gosh, and you want to talk about skills?

Ok, lets go back a bit and see what they guy said...." You can drink a quart of it and not get sick"

So logically it follows..."really, ok drink it , here is some"

LOL...not "it doesnt cause cancer. "

Maybe if that is all he said, there would be no issue. But he said what he said and wouldnt back it up.

Similarly, this pathetic excuse of a journalist asked to interview someone for one topic, and then ambushed him with hostile and completely unrelated questions, proceeding to demand he drink a cup of chemicals that were never meant for direct consumption.

Funny that huh.....yet he said....you can drink a quart of it.

Whos the moron now? Yea...Mr PR man and his idiotic statement .

You LITERALLY don't get a better example of unprofessional/unethical journalism.

You LITERALLY don't get a better example of demonstrating a total lack of strong reasoning or critical thinking skill

By the way, thinking skills here would involve what he said, not making up your own narrative.

Edited by Guyser2

I like the site, and he supplies legit sources. As I said in the post, if you don't like those, there are plenty more. If you looked, you would find peer reviewed studies supporting this.

As universities become more and more dependent on corporate funding....pretty much every time a new campus is added to a university today, it is being built by some billionaire's foundation grants....we are steadily losing the impartiality that accompanied higher institutions of learning. The corporations and their think tanks stock the new economics, medical or environmental research center with professors that they approve of. Point being that Monsanto is among a list of corporations that have the money and the need for influence to buy the kind of research they want! Remember, there have been so many dangerous products, that after being removed from the market, were discovered to have failed several double blind tests, until they could finally come up with one that presented the product (like Vioxx) as a safe product for use.

Getting the product to market is not about the peer review process...or lack of process among the many scientific journals; it's about whether the regulating bodies will accept the new product for market. In the U.S., the FDA, like every other federal regulating agency is being corrupted, weakened and even having staff threatened by mostly Republican lawmakers. Many regulating bodies have ended up with administrators moving back and forth from the corporate world to government...weakening the agencies with every move!

I would like to say that our government system is less corrupted than the U.S.....but we have Harper now, and we know where he gets his philosophical underpinnings from! He's trying to gut Environment Canada, I'm sure he has just as little respect for every other regulating agency that we depend on for health and safety!

So, in the end, we are fast returning to the old norm of a 100 years ago, when the operating principle was Let The Buyer Beware, because any drug or chemical passing peer review in a journal and getting approved for market, will only require a little bribe money and some armtwisting to get er done!

P

Edited by WIP

As universities become more and more dependent on corporate funding....pretty much every time a new campus is added to a university today, it is being built by some billionaire's foundation grants....we are steadily losing the impartiality that accompanied higher institutions of learning. The corporations and their think tanks stock the new economics, medical or environmental research center with professors that they approve of. Point being that Monsanto is among a list of corporations that have the money and the need for influence to buy the kind of research they want! Remember, there have been so many dangerous products, that after being removed from the market, were discovered to have failed several double blind tests, until they could finally come up with one that presented the product (like Vioxx) as a safe product for use.

Getting the product to market is not about the peer review process...or lack of process among the many scientific journals; it's about whether the regulating bodies will accept the new product for market. In the U.S., the FDA, like every other federal regulating agency is being corrupted, weakened and even having staff threatened by mostly Republican lawmakers. Many regulating bodies have ended up with administrators moving back and forth from the corporate world to government...weakening the agencies with every move!

I would like to say that our government system is less corrupted than the U.S.....but we have Harper now, and we know where he gets his philosophical underpinnings from! He's trying to gut Environment Canada, I'm sure he has just as little respect for every other regulating agency that we depend on for health and safety!

So, in the end, we are fast returning to the old norm of a 100 years ago, when the operating principle was Let The Buyer Beware, because any drug or chemical passing peer review in a journal and getting approved for market, will only require a little bribe money and some armtwisting to get er done!

P

A lot of what you are saying is opinion. The rest has no reference or link.

Predatory Science Journals have exploded. We do have to take peer review with a grain of salt unfortunately.

That being said, the overwhelming majority of scientists say glyphosate is safe. Remember the dose adage. And no, it's not meant as a cool refreshing beverage.

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/glyphosate-the-new-bogeyman/

http://www.biofortified.org/2013/10/glyphosate-toxic/

Ok, lets go back a bit and see what they guy said...." You can drink a quart of it and not get sick"

So logically it follows..."really, ok drink it , here is some"

Don't talk logic. You're bad at it. Something can be safe to drink but at the same time extremely unpleasant. Your so-called logic, therefore, does not follow, especially since the question was a total ambush. It was textbook unscrupulous and sensational journalism.

Maybe if that is all he said, there would be no issue. But he said what he said and wouldnt back it up.

Maybe he shouldn't have said it, sure, but that's only because of hack journalists like this interviewer and the fools who give them any credit.

By the way, thinking skills here would involve what he said, not making up your own narrative.

No, thinking skills would involve actually considering the words in the context of that garbage interview. It's unsurprising that you couldn't flex your intellect beyond basic sensationalism.

Edited by Moonbox

Don't talk logic. You're bad at it. Something can be safe to drink but at the same time extremely unpleasant.

LOL, what complete foolishness.

On the first part, sure, somethings are safe but wouldnt want to drink.

But stupidity is saying 'Hey drink a quart of it , no problem'

Maybe he shouldn't have said it,

Ya think ? Oh my.

sure, but that's only because of hack journalists like this interviewer and the fools who give them any credit.

Ah yes, the media made the dumbass say the words 'safe to drink'

Was it puppetry with the media having a hand up his arse or did someone throw their voice?

No, thinking skills would involve actually considering the words ...

Hey you can drink a quart of it and be fine.

Yea, I know, he had no critical thinking skills at all, thats why he came across as a total doofus.

Edited by Guyser2

LOL, what complete foolishness.

On the first part, sure, somethings are safe but wouldnt want to drink.

But stupidity is saying 'Hey drink a quart of it , no problem'

Ya think ? Oh my.

Ah yes, the media made the dumbass say the words 'safe to drink'

Was it puppetry with the media having a hand up his arse or did someone throw their voice?

Hey you can drink a quart of it and be fine.

Yea, I know, he had no critical thinking skills at all, thats why he came across as a total doofus.

So, you have no science on your side, so you grasp onto a small, and wow, do I mean small semantic mistake Dr. Moore made. Again, because you have to hide behind ignorance, this is all you have.

I hope I made that clear, that the science is on Dr. Moore`s side. Golden Rice2 could save millions of lives and stop kids from going blind, but you keep worrying about your little semantic slip, cause again, that`s all you got.

Not sure if I made that clearÉ

So, you have no science on your side, so you grasp onto a small, and wow, do I mean small semantic mistake Dr. Moore made. Again, because you have to hide behind ignorance, this is all you have.

Ignorance is totalling crapping the bed and making up your own reality.

So the science is there. Well isnt that wonderful , are you happy? Good for you.

Now of course I never said a damn thing about the science in how it would help mankind or not. If it can , that too is wonderful.

I hope I made that clear,

The only thing clear is you havent the foggiest idea of what I said prior.

But go ahead, youve made up some narrative that I never said and made an ass of yourself along with the other guy too.

The media made me do it.....wah wah wah.

that the science is on Dr. Moore`s side. Golden Rice2 could save millions of lives and stop kids from going blind,

Thats nice, hope it works.

Funny did I say anything about the science or ....?

but you keep worrying about your little semantic slip, cause again, that`s all you got.

Not sure if I made that clearÉ

You made it perfectly clear you have no idea what you read.

Please, keep it coming, I enjoy watching folks get bent over something I never said.

:lol::lol: :lol:

Ignorance is totalling crapping the bed and making up your own reality.

So the science is there. Well isnt that wonderful , are you happy? Good for you.

Now of course I never said a damn thing about the science in how it would help mankind or not. If it can , that too is wonderful.

The only thing clear is you havent the foggiest idea of what I said prior.

But go ahead, youve made up some narrative that I never said and made an ass of yourself along with the other guy too.

The media made me do it.....wah wah wah.

Thats nice, hope it works.

Funny did I say anything about the science or ....?

You made it perfectly clear you have no idea what you read.

Please, keep it coming, I enjoy watching folks get bent over something I never said.

:lol::lol: :lol:

Hmmm. You go on in several posts about his comment, yet you didn't say anything.

Again, you didn't say anything.

So, what is your point in the multiple posts of you not saying anything?

Hmmm. You go on in several posts about his comment, yet you didn't say anything.

Again, you didn't say anything.

So, what is your point in the multiple posts of you not saying anything?

Lol

Wow, you are some piece of work. Egads boy.

Lets see, first you tell me I dont have science on my side. You had no idea or cant read that I didnt mention the science, nor commented a thing about the science.

And now...well now I didnt say anything.

Perhaps a bit later you could think and rectify the two?

I will be more than happy to thoroughly dumb it down for the folks who have issues ......

Guy A says 'it is harmless, hell one can drink a quart of it and no worries.'

Guy B says'ok, well then drink it'

Guy A says 'no way , what am I an idiot?'

Guy B says ' yea, you are, you didnt back up a claim you made'

Then along comes Guy C who says to both of them (crying tears the whole time) 'Why did the media guy B make you say you can drink it" Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Five year olds like my nephew claim they can walk on water. I dont ask him too .

Adults like to brag about things, until someone presents them with the challenge they bragged about.

For the record, the science may say this stuff is fine. Hell it may even say ingesting some of it is fine. But no one....and believe me even Monsanto did the whole facepalm thing when they heard he said you can drink a quart of it.

It was monumentally stupid to say considering he wouldnt back it up. And it is equally stupid to argue it was the media's fault.

Pretty darn funny watching folks squirm on this.

Put up or shut up.....you have any knowledge of this saying?

The media.....Oh man, lame.

Lol

Wow, you are some piece of work. Egads boy.

Lets see, first you tell me I dont have science on my side. You had no idea or cant read that I didnt mention the science, nor commented a thing about the science.

And now...well now I didnt say anything.

Perhaps a bit later you could think and rectify the two?

I will be more than happy to thoroughly dumb it down for the folks who have issues ......

Guy A says 'it is harmless, hell one can drink a quart of it and no worries.'

Guy B says'ok, well then drink it'

Guy A says 'no way , what am I an idiot?'

Guy B says ' yea, you are, you didnt back up a claim you made'

Then along comes Guy C who says to both of them (crying tears the whole time) 'Why did the media guy B make you say you can drink it" Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Five year olds like my nephew claim they can walk on water. I dont ask him too .

Adults like to brag about things, until someone presents them with the challenge they bragged about.

For the record, the science may say this stuff is fine. Hell it may even say ingesting some of it is fine. But no one....and believe me even Monsanto did the whole facepalm thing when they heard he said you can drink a quart of it.

It was monumentally stupid to say considering he wouldnt back it up. And it is equally stupid to argue it was the media's fault.

Pretty darn funny watching folks squirm on this.

Put up or shut up.....you have any knowledge of this saying?

The media.....Oh man, lame.

....and again.

So, what is your point?

My point is Golden Rice2 can save millions of lives.

You are fixated on a comment.

Like, seriously fixated on a comment. OCD much?

So, you think the half million kids going blind, or the millions of people starving-every year- because you have an issue with his statement are finding this funny?

....and again.

So, what is your point?

My point is Golden Rice2 can save millions of lives.

You are fixated on a comment.

Like, seriously fixated on a comment. OCD much?

So, you think the half million kids going blind, or the millions of people starving-every year- because you have an issue with his statement are finding this funny?

You think they can go around making false claims that Roundup is safe to drink ... and not back them up?

So ... what are they not telling us about Golden rice?

You think they can go around making false claims that Roundup is safe to drink ... and not back them up?

Dont think the claim was ever valid , nor do I think Monsanto would want that out there (cue the facepalm) but the rep , hired or not, was an idiot and thats all there is to that.

Hope the media pulls their hand out of his butt and stops his words from involutarily falling out.

You think they can go around making false claims that X is safe to drink ... and not back them up?

Omar: Evidently they can.

p127

Monsanto had assured the public that their Agent Orange, the defoliant used during the Vietnam War, was safe for humans. It wasn't. Thousands of veterans and tens of thousand of Vietnamese who suffered a wide range of maladies, including cancer, neurological disorders, and birth defects, blame Monsanto.

Monsanto had also declared their electrical insulator poly-chlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) as safe. They weren't. Outlawed in 1978, they have been linked to cancer and birth defects, and are considered a major environmental hazard.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Food/Seeds_Of_Deception.html

--------------

Monsantos Harvest of Fear

MAY 2008

Monsanto already dominates Americas food chain with its genetically modified seeds. Now it has targeted milk production. Just as frightening as the corporations tacticsruthless legal battles against small farmersis its decades-long history of toxic contamination.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2008/05/monsanto200805