North American Passport

I can't see were why Canadians or Americans would want a NAU but Mexico probably would BUT its out of our hands because the 3 government leaders will do what they want and its already under way.

I wouldn't want a NAU. I think a Can-Am passport would be just fine. This passport could either be issued by the Queen or the U.S. Department of State. Our two countries are closely linked by business ties, marriage, strong alliance and to some extent common language. Mexico is an ally but is much more prone to instability.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have no issues with how difficult it is getting into the USofA. I've never had issues crossing the border... they always seem quite welcoming.

On our side, I would like to see less scrutiny on returning Canadians and much more on Americans coming north. Keeping trouble out of the country should be the first priority, rather than being glorified tax collectors.

It was funny driving across Scandinavia as there are no more borders between Finland, Sweden and Norway any longer... that works for them, so that's great.

I certainly wouldn't want an open border here like the Scandinavians have until the Americans deal with their gun, drug and illegal citizen problems. We don't need those issues up here.

Edited by The_Squid

I agree....there should be no further U.S. integration with Canada until Canada deals with its drug problems, limits on freedom of expression, firearms restrictions, culture police, language lunacy, terrorism, military spending, and inadequate health care resources / facilities.

OK, so lets break down soe of those issues:

Drug problems-our only problem there is we havent yet legalized it like you guys

Freedom of expression - guaranteed by the charter

Firearms restrictions - we like them, keeps us about 10 times safer than you

Culture police - not sure what you refer to

Language lunacy - I guess youve never been to NYC

Terrorism - lets see, 9-11, where was that again

Military spending - we have an economy which survives from other than the military industrial complex

Health care - already been discussed at length on various threads, overall, you lose again

But do as you please. Im sure we will see lots of Americans crossing the border for the clean air and safe streets, especially as summer draws closer.

Far more Canadians cross the U.S. border for shopping, health care, warmer weather, employment, education, etc. than do Americans going the other way as a percentage of population. Canadian truckers prefer U.S. roads and fuel prices. Canadians even gulp down U.S. media more than native "Canadian content", a sad term that is a separate story unto itself.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Far more Canadians cross the U.S. border for shopping, health care, warmer weather, employment, education, etc. than do Americans going the other way as a percentage of population. Canadian truckers prefer U.S. roads and fuel prices. Canadians even gulp down U.S. media more than native "Canadian content", a sad term that is a separate story unto itself.

So when the first list of issues falls apart, just make up some new ones eh.

As to media, I know netflix is doing very well. I doubt very many serious news watchers dial in Fox, unless its simply for the entertainment value.

Canadians seeking abortions in the U.S. are way down since a passport has been required. Kill your unborn at home if it is so great.

How many cheap shots can you get in against Canada in 22 minutes?

1. Can-Con;
  2. Canadian road quality; and
  3. Abortion

If you hate Canada so much why do you post so much here? Is this a "South Park" mentality? Can't you find some anti-Canadian threads on www.city-data.com ?

Edited by jbg

....If you hate Canada so much why do you post so much here? Is this a "South Park" mentality? Can't you find some anti-Canadian threads on www.city-data.com ?

But I don't hate Canada...some of the smug and sanctimonious Canadians who live there just don't like the payback.

...now back to the "America Sucks!" channel.

1. Can-Con;
  3. Abortion

If you hate Canada so much why do you post so much here? Is this a "South Park" mentality? Can't you find some anti-Canadian threads on www.city-data.com ?

1. Can-Con;
  3. Abortion

Jealousy would be my first guess. Remember back in grade school when there was an odd one that lashed out at those who they thought had it better than them.....

Canadians seeking abortions in the U.S. are way down since a passport has been required. Kill your unborn at home if it is so great.

You don't want to get into a discussion about ease of abortion in the US nationally vs Canada nationally. There are constant, unending court actions active and pending in many US states since Roe vs Wade. Every action regarding womens reproductive rights must be approved by Jesus, after all.

In Canada...... not even close.

I like how you conflate the closure of single clinic in NB to a national crisis. Well played. Not.

There are now women from New Brunswick at every weekly clinic, sometimes with five or six at a time, she said.

Wow. That might hit double digits before this crisis is solved in NB.

You don't want to get into a discussion about ease of abortion in the US nationally vs Canada nationally.

You missed the relevant point entirely.....thousands of Canadians crossed the U.S. border each year to obtain abortions before the new border access requirements (e.g. passport, NEXUS card, etc.). More Canadians seek "reproductive services" in the U.S. than Americans going to Canada. The U.S. has ten times the population.

Here is a list of US Supreme Court decisions regarding abortion. There are thousands more at lower courts. perhaps tens of thousands. I don't know why Amerikkka hates women so much. http://www.endroe.org/scdecisions.aspx

Here is a list of Canadian court decisions on the same topic http://http: nothing to see here.com

It probably really chaps your ass to know that abortion on demand also costs $0.

Cheaper gas and cigarettes, more cross border shopping at a real Target, and maybe get an abortion...but better get that passport first:

The American providers say they are happy to fill the gap in services and will even provide financial assistance for any New Brunswick women who can’t afford the $500 fee, either by dipping into their national network funding or through local donations.

But they are urging premier-designate Brian Gallant to ensure access to abortion services in New Brunswick.

“Abortion is part of a woman’s reproductive rights,” said Kate Gawler, director of abortion services at the Maine Family Planning clinic in Augusta.

“Certainly it’s an extra hardship to drive the four-and-a-half hours or five hours,” she said of the round trip.

“The passport issue is another barrier.”

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/newbrunswick/story/1.2789090

Cheaper gas and cigarettes, more cross border shopping at a real Target, and maybe get an abortion...but better get that passport first:

The American providers say they are happy to fill the gap in services and will even provide financial assistance for any New Brunswick women who can’t afford the $500 fee, either by dipping into their national network funding or through local donations.

But they are urging premier-designate Brian Gallant to ensure access to abortion services in New Brunswick.

“Abortion is part of a woman’s reproductive rights,” said Kate Gawler, director of abortion services at the Maine Family Planning clinic in Augusta.

“Certainly it’s an extra hardship to drive the four-and-a-half hours or five hours,” she said of the round trip.

“The passport issue is another barrier.”

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/newbrunswick/story/1.2789090

Dont fret, law changed. Maine will hate to see those 500 dollar bills disappear I guess.