Iran Key To Middle East Peace

Big Guy

So all those people complaining about the massive human rights violations, the executions, the tortures, the sponsoring of terrorism, the destabilizing of other countries, they're what, just anti-Persian?

Some of the people on this forum and elsewhere complain about human rights violations, executions in Iran. The reality is they don't give a damn about Iran but everytime the west makes an effort for approachment with Iran the very same people use 'human rights' as a wild card to destroy the efforts of reaching those persians....That is the problem...

Edited by kactus

I didn't waste my time to read all the posts here as I knew some were posted mainly by uninformed ignorant anti-Iran posters who are either fallen to western propaganda (the same propaganda machine who presented Iran as progressive westernized country in the 70's when a pro-west government was in power) or they have such a blind hate for all middle eastern and Muslims (even though the nation of Iran is far from being any of that but the ruling regime in power is and separated from the Aryan nation who used to rule half the world before falling victim to snake eater Arab invasion). So I just say this. Educate yourself before being so ignorant. Iranian people are the victims not the aggressor and some likely most are more educated and progressive than most of people in the west.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Political analysis:

There were only two options available for the west (mainly USA).

One was a regime change. Bush administration and even Obama tried and tried very hard and it failed miserably, but it did not work in spite of some serious efforts by west and in spite of most severe economic sanctions put n place. Why, because Iranians don't like foreign intervention as they in the past have paid a high price for that and also because the regime in place has a huge oil revenue Also a ground invasion like in case of Iraq and Afghanistan was out of question because of the size, strength and geography of Iran.

The second option was to negotiate with Iran regime and try to contain it. By negotiations the west hopes that the so called reformers overcome the conservatives in time and strip Iran regime from acquiring nuclear power or curb its political and military interventions overseas in Syria, Yemen, Afghanistan and Lebanon.. To some extend this option appears to be working though not to the full extend that the west was hoping for. Only time can tell whether this option will work and we will know in about 3 to 5 years from now how successful this option has been as the battle between reformers and conservatives in Iran will continue in coming months and years. No matter what, the second option is by far better option than option number one above which may have resulted in grave consequences.

The west had to opt for second option because after many years they eventually realized the first option is no option. They hope to achieve regime reform rather than regime change. It worked in China but whether or not it will work on Iran only time can tell.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

The line up to get better relations with Iran continues. Officials from Iran and China signed 17 documents and letters of intent to broaden bilateral cooperation in energy, industry, transportation, railways, ports, new technology, tourism and the environment.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/01/west-wary-iran-warms-china-sanctions-160124054336143.html

It appears that Iranians continue to distrust the West and especially the USA.

For those not familiar with the history - In 1980, the Americans did not like the government of Iran so it tried to change it. The USA armed, financed and encouraged Iraq (through Saddam) to attack Iran. Saddam did so throwing all his (and American) might and chemical weapons (with the help of the USA) at Iran. That is why the Americans used the excuse of those chemical weapons to attack Iraq later. George Bush knew that Iraq had access to WMD's since the USA supplied them. This war lasted for 8 years when Iraq finally gave up.

This USA sponsored attack killed over one million - yes - 1,000,000 Iranians, crippled a million more and has led to a situation to-day where 70% of the population is under the age of 35.

Gee, I wonder why Iranians do not trust the West and especially the USA?

Well Canada is not the USA. The sooner we can convince Iranians that we were not part of the American sponsored war, have our own foreign policy and are ready to create an association with them then the better is will be for Canada.

The line up to get better relations with Iran continues. Officials from Iran and China signed 17 documents and letters of intent to broaden bilateral cooperation in energy, industry, transportation, railways, ports, new te

How nice. The two countries in the world which like to execute people, including children, including anyone who opposes the government, at the highest rates in the world, becoming BFFs. Certainly no doubts about human rights or morality in that exchange of calling cards!

How nice. The two countries in the world which like to execute people, including children, including anyone who opposes the government, at the highest rates in the world, becoming BFFs. Certainly no doubts about human rights or morality in that exchange of calling cards!

Strange. Just one year ago Canada and the Harper government were celebrating and publicizing new and better trade deals with China.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/rob-commentary/building-on-a-breakthrough-year-in-canada-china-relations/article22406693/

"Prime Minister Stephen Harper made his third visit to China. During the visit, the leaders of the two countries reached a new consensus on furthering bilateral relations and announced a joint list of outcomes including 20 co-operation agreements"

You obviously have not seen the video about Iran that I suggested. A video made through the co-operation and support of the USA. For some reason you are intent to speak from an ignorance of what is happening on the ground in Iran.

So be it.

You obviously have not seen the video about Iran that I suggested. A video made through the co-operation and support of the USA. For some reason you are intent to speak from an ignorance of what is happening on the ground in Iran.

Murder, rape, torture, a vast array of brutal religious organizations crushing human rights and dissent. Your kind of government, in other words.

Murder, rape, torture, a vast array of brutal religious organizations crushing human rights and dissent. Your kind of government, in other words.

Repeating something incorrect and misinformed does not make it any more credible. You obviously have not viewed the video or read the references that I so graciously provided for you. If you refuse to do your homework then you have no hope in getting a better insight into this issue. But that is your choice. Perhaps you are more comfortable speaking from lack of facts if it fits your perception of the world.

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - Confucius

Repeating something incorrect and misinformed does not make it any more credible. You obviously have not viewed the video or read the references that I so graciously provided for you.

There aren't too many people in the world, aside from Muslim extremists, who would accept the word of al Jazeera and other such sites over Amnesty International and Freedom House. You appear to be one of them.

There aren't too many people in the world, aside from Muslim extremists, who would accept the word of al Jazeera and other such sites over Amnesty International and Freedom House. You appear to be one of them.

You refuse to read and/or watch and learn and prefer your particular flavor of cool aid. Think what you want, you obviously have no intention of hearing or reading anything with which you disagree. I will waste no more time on you on this issue.

The leader of the Roman Catholic Church and the President of Iran met Tuesday at the Vatican, a face-to-face encounter that speaks to a changing geopolitical landscape and both men's significant role in it. It appears that Iranian President Hassan Rouhani is on a public relations tour in light of the latest change of the relationship between the West and Iran.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/26/world/pope-iran-rouhani/

Italian Foreign Minister Paolo Gentiloni told CNN's Christiane Amanpour, "I think that the meeting of President Rouhani with the Pope is one of the signals of the fact that, after the nuclear deal, we have a possibility of a relevant involvement of Iran in a regional and global framework."

As is being reported in international media, countries are lining up looking for aprt of the many $billions that Iran has to spend.

http://news.yahoo.com/irans-rouhani-kicks-off-first-post-sanctions-tour-062925339.html

Canada could have been one of the first in line but it is still not too late. It is time to shift our support from the Israeli's who are thumbing their nose at the international community and over to Iran who are a rising force in the Middle East and the world.

Edited by Big Guy

It appears that our government has finally seen the light and is now looking to embrace Iran and acknowledge its power in the Middle East:

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/01/canada-iran-relations-160127135929173.html

"All our G7 partners are re-engaging and we are not," he said. "Britain has restored diplomatic relations. Italy is already signing deals. We should be moving quickly."

Kudos to our new government.

Now, time to start to sever ties with Netanyahu and the rest of those Israeli Apartheid leaders.

Edited by Big Guy

You refuse to read and/or watch and learn and prefer your particular flavor of cool aid. Think what you want, you obviously have no intention of hearing or reading anything with which you disagree. I will waste no more time on you on this issue.

On the contrary. I am here to argue points with those who disagree - if they have any intelligent points to offer.

As your citations are always wack job cites, and you dismiss evidence from respected human rights agencies on Iran's appalling human rights record I regard your infatuation with Iran as simply being a byproduct of the fact they hate Jews.

Rather than trying to share with you directly to the reality of what is happening in the Middle East I post direct references which you dismiss as wack job cites. If you feel that CNN, Reuters, Al Jazeera et al are wack job cities than I will leave you to your own trusted sources. You obviously have not watched the CNN (wack job cite) on Iran which i have referenced. You are making no effort to improve your understanding of the Middle East and seem content on posting from a position of ignorance of the facts on the ground.

I regard your position as misinformed and unfortunate. I will let the other posters who do refer to references posted on this site to make their own evaluations as to what is happening in Iran. Please do your homework.

Iran is a lucrative potential market but is no damn oil only Arabia. The west has to complete with domestic industries to enter Iranian markets and they do have their work cut off for them thanks to most severe economic sanctions imposed by the west Iran is self sufficient in almost everything except planes and trains maybe.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/iran-blog/2016/feb/02/western-brands-competition-market-iran-poll-tehranbureau

Again oil at whatever price Iran will grow a minimum of 5% next few years again thanks to sanctions!!!!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-01/iran-gdp-poised-to-grow-in-aftermath-of-sanctions-moody-s-says

Even its own tanks!!!!!

http://en.trend.az/iran/politics/2488835.html

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Post 4127-Big Guy refers to Al Jazeera and wire services as a direct reference to what is going on in Iran....there's only one response to that..and I give gentiles permission to use it.....oy gevalt.

Yes the world has seen the light and Trudeau is marching towards that light and Iran.

Some days I think the forum has been taken over by North Korean script writers.

On a more serious note, Iran is not a lucrative market for Canada. It has two export items-oil and natural gas. Both have been in fact signed away to China for the next 100 years or so in a locked price scheme that enables China to get both at below market prices permanently placing Iran in a deficit.

Iran has and continues to be the primary financier of world wide terrorism in the name of its version of Islam and its war with Saudi Arabia will continue to cause a ripple effect of negativity on world markets.

It has no need for Canada. At one point it could have asked for Candu reactors and we probably would have sold them to the Shah or Iran but those days are long gone. There is nothing we have we can trade to Iran and they have no reason to purchase anything from Canada.

Their nuclear technology comes from North Korea and Russia. North Korean technology is defective, and Putin is too smart to give Iran anything truly lethal that could come back to be used by Chechnyans against him who Iran supports.

The Feb 26 polls in Iran may decide the future of the Middle East. The elections themselves are not close to the democratic opportunity in the West but at least they are supposed to give some voice to the people. They are similar to the old Russian elections where the government would control who can stand for election. In Iran, there has been a move towards the moderates and the conservatives are bracing for the next move;

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/29/opinion/moderates-under-pressure-in-iran.html?_r=0

They are attempting to stack the choices with hard-liners in an attempt to stop the move towards the middle that has been accelerated by the Iran nuclear deal.

in 2009 after another fraudulent presidential election there were demonstrations as millions of people joined protests. Hundreds were killed and thousands were imprisoned. Since that time and after the UN sanctions have been lifted the moderate opposition has gained support. Another fraudulent election may ignite a protest that the hard-liners may not be able to suppress - especially with all kinds of foreign troops in the Middle East.

Next time this month may see a different Iran.