Soldiers Hit in Quebec

Two soldiers have been struck by a hit and run driver in Quebec.

It must be a slow news day;

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/hit-and-run-suspect-shot-by-police-after-striking-two-soldiers-1.2062370

The driver was apparently shot and the news of the incident made it to Question Period which I was watching at the time. I guess that the implication is that it has something to do with Canadian involvement in Iraq but nobody knows anything yet.

Is it time to speculate, draw the lines and start to go after each other on this one or should we wait for the facts to come out?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you say it must be a slow news day?

The fact is that there was a possible hit and run that took place in a small town in Quebec.

When was the last time a non fatal car accident in an obscure part of Quebec was highlighted in a government session of Question Period and a lead on all Canadian TV reports?

I was watching Question Period live on TV at that time. A Conservative MP stood up and asked if the PM had any news about the "possible terrorist attack" on two soldiers in Quebec. The PM stood up and replied something about "we are prepared ..." I did not catch the rest. He was "obviously" not only prepared of the question but also had prepared an appropriate reply.

So within minutes of this traffic accident, the PMO had got wind of the accident, decided on the spin, got the question to the MP and the answer to the PM. The media jumped all over it with "breaking news" on all Canadian channels.

This Harper government is a well tuned election machine. It certainly has a direction and organization prepared to place any and every incident in a pro government focussed environment.

It is going to be a long, long campaign.

Two soldiers have been struck by a hit and run driver in Quebec.

It must be a slow news day;

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/hit-and-run-suspect-shot-by-police-after-striking-two-soldiers-1.2062370

The driver was apparently shot and the news of the incident made it to Question Period which I was watching at the time. I guess that the implication is that it has something to do with Canadian involvement in Iraq but nobody knows anything yet.

Is it time to speculate, draw the lines and start to go after each other on this one or should we wait for the facts to come out?

Waiting for the facts might be a good idea, otherwise we look as dumb as Harper. This thing has fear mongering written all over it, but again. it just hapenned today.

The fact is that there was a possible hit and run that took place in a small town in Quebec.

When was the last time a non fatal car accident in an obscure part of Quebec was highlighted in a government session of Question Period and a lead on all Canadian TV reports?

I was watching Question Period live on TV at that time. A Conservative MP stood up and asked if the PM had any news about the "possible terrorist attack" on two soldiers in Quebec. The PM stood up and replied something about "we are prepared ..." I did not catch the rest. He was "obviously" not only prepared of the question but also had prepared an appropriate reply.

So within minutes of this traffic accident, the PMO had got wind of the accident, decided on the spin, got the question to the MP and the answer to the PM. The media jumped all over it with "breaking news" on all Canadian channels.

This Harper government is a well tuned election machine. It certainly has a direction and organization prepared to place any and every incident in a pro government focussed environment.

Its far more sinister than that.

Harper was clearly behind this 'accident', created the question/answer dog and pony show, and has the PMO cranking up the giant fog machine right now.

A recent update:

In a statement Monday evening, the RCMP said the suspect was known to federal officials.

“This individual was known to federal authorities including our Integrated National Security Investigations team in Montreal who along with other authorities were concerned that he had become radicalized,” RCMP Cpl. David Falls said in a statement.

And from La Presse

921091.jpg

Martin Rouleau?

Edited by Derek 2.0

How often do simple hit and run incidents end up with a shooting? There may be an actual threat that the government knew about but we weren't informed about or on the other hand it might just be Quebec Police officers garbing some revenge for the injured soldiers.

How often do simple hit and run incidents end up with a shooting? There may be an actual threat that the government knew about but we weren't informed about or on the other hand it might just be Quebec Police officers garbing some revenge for the injured soldiers.

Which could be directly related to heightened security measures recently put in place in relation to the media filming departing Canadian Forces members and their families.

Well it looks like the conservative dreams have been answered.

I would expect Harper and Baird to make 40-150 press announcements and interviews in the following days.

Harper to staff "clear my schedule for the next two weeks, my prayers MAY have been answered and I've got to milk this baby for all it's got!"

WWWTT

Sounds like he had some mental health issues.

But Canada is in short supply of "Live Terrorists" so you guys gotta milk this gift for all it's got!

These guys are in real big demand in Canada so don't let this opportunity slip away!

WWWTT

Edited by WWWTT

Sounds like he had some mental health issues.

But Canada is in short supply of "Live Terrorists" so you guys gotta milk this gift for all it's got!

These guys are in real big demand in Canada so don't let this opportunity slip away!

WWWTT

"This individual was known to federal authorities including our Integrated National Security Investigations team in Montreal who along with other authorities were concerned that he had become radicalized. Out of respect and deference to the ongoing criminal investigation arising from today's terrible events, the RCMP will not comment further except to say that we are working with our law enforcement partners to ensure all avenues of investigation are pursued," the statement said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/martin-rouleau-quebec-driver-fatally-shot-by-police-radicalized-1.2806104

Absolutely right… must be mental health issue cannot possibly be religion.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/martin-rouleau-quebec-driver-fatally-shot-by-police-radicalized-1.2806104

Absolutely right… must be mental health issue cannot possibly be religion.

Never said anything about religion. You did!

Like I said before, TERRORISTS are in short supply in Canada, not everyday you get a gift like this so keep milking it for all you can!

WWWTT