If Brian Mulroney had stayed on for the 1993 election?

Mulroney staying on in 1993: save the old PCs  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Tories may not have that 6.2 Billion surplus by the time the virus and the terrorists get under control. I also, think that when there is a surplus, it should go where it help more Canadians , rather that the party in power giving it to their supporters at election time.

Classic Liberal non-thinking: if there is a surplus, spend it on a new program.

Government is not intended to be a profit or loss undertaking. When the federal government shows a loss, we learned from Trudeau Senior that the debt is just added to an ever growing number. When it shows a surplus, the funds go to an ever expanding list of social programs.

In reality, a large surplus is an indication of bad management, over taxation or both. Is there something wrong with applying a surplus to our debt? Is there something wrong with returning a surplus to those who were over taxed? Is there something wrong with reducing taxes so the surplus does not occur again?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lets go back to Mulrooney 1988 . He declared that Canada is Bilingual (which it is not, only Quebec had that label.) so the Federal goverment is to be totally Bilingual. Under the hush of the official secret act the French gestapo was born. To start they went and called in all supervisory and management staff and informed them of pending French lessons. For three months they parley vous morning till night. They wrote an exam all passed and got 70 to 90 % marks. This is not surprising when you are immersed in a foreign language however if its not your first language and use what your used for 40 + years. Now six months later you come to work and the gestapo is waiting and says you will write an exam right now.. You are informed a few days later that you scored a say 40%. THis is unacceptable and you are untrainable and therefore you are now a clerk. You protest and they say ok we give a 500k buyout. Goodbye. Now the million dollar question ......who replaced him... well would you be surprised if it was a French canadian. Is it any wonder that all bureacrats and most employees are from Quebec. Shhhhhh.

When he left office on the Thursday, on the previous Tuesday he met the drug companies and gave them 20 years more protection so the generics couldn't compete. I hope the companies showed much gratitude .Mmmmm

Mulroony stepped down about 3 months early and we had our first woman PM. Now the same Mulrooney team was now hers. Great eh? As we all know PM and MP have teams of bureaucrats writing their speeches suddenly Mulrooneys team forgot all their facts and left Mrs Pm looking like a fool. The Liberals" how can Canada elect such an incompetent PM in the upcoming election" They didn't, history showed. You see Mulrooney wanted the PM to be another Quebecer. You know control of the treasury. Hello Cretian.

Now youve heard that the election is over by the time the polls close at the Ontario Quebec border. Why you ask . Well for every 100000 people you get to elect one MP, Quebec however gets 2. That means more power and Daddy's boy will be the next prime minister. Most of Ontario and the rest of the country, do not bother to vote because it means NOTHING.

Next election we have for the Liberals Daddy's boy a Quebecor, Mulclair another Quebecor is it the NDP or is it the Bloq Quebecois . Covering their bases eh. Don't believe the Trudeau , Mulcair bickering in the media because a coalition is SHHH

The Liberal party is highly politicized and promoting their cultural. Quebec and French Uber ALLE! Good night.

Hey "over there" you need to "come over here" and listen... I agree with you, unless you are making less than 20,000, you are paying taxes but even those people are paying EI, which they probably will never collect. I agree, if there's a surplus, the feds have increase taxes or cut so deep service will be affect. So either cut the national debt or cut income taxes. There's one item though..... the pensions for the MP's come out of the general revenues, I believe, so they have to enough money coming in.

Well lets go back to Mulrooney 1988 . He declared that Canada is Bilingual (which it is not, only Quebec had that label.) so the Federal goverment is to be totally Bilingual. Under the hush of the official secret act the French gestapo was born. To start they went and called in all supervisory and management staff and informed them of pending French lessons. For three months they parley vous morning till night. They wrote an exam all passed and got 70 to 90 % marks. This is not surprising when you are immersed in a foreign language however if its not your first language and use what your used for 40 + years. Now six months later you come to work and the gestapo is waiting and says you will write an exam right now.. You are informed a few days later that you scored a say 40%. THis is unacceptable and you are untrainable and therefore you are now a clerk. You protest and they say ok we give a 500k buyout. Goodbye. Now the million dollar question ......who replaced him... well would you be surprised if it was a French canadian. Is it any wonder that all bureacrats and most employees are from Quebec. Shhhhhh.

Can we have a cite for all of this story please ?

I got this from a highly placed individual who told me what was going on with the purges of English employees. If you go back in the newspapers and find when he declared Canadian goverment should be totally bilingual. Look up the people that were handed 500k they'll be in accounting records. I can hear the shredders already.

The next step of course is to make Canada bilingual. How many English will loose there jobs next year. Did you notice right after Daddy's Boy got leadership of of the Liberals it started. Blais SP? President of Air Canada announce all their ticket agents at the airports had to be bilingual .A bunch dissapeared but luckily Quebec sent a horde of French.

French is the tool of power in Canada.

Brian Mulrooneys campaign manager told me that we will never see another English Canada Prime Minister. How the numbers 2seats versus 1 seat, Quebec votes for the French Canadian candidate they don't vote along party lines, the Liberals being the adopted party for many years, look for a Quebecor hopefully with a French name and is accepted by English Canada like Mulrooney.

Well you say Harper got in true but you forget the turmoil Quebec was in when the Liberal the Bloq was going on a number of regular Liberals voted Conservative. Have a nice day.

Edited by militaryonly

I got this from a highly placed individual who told me what was going on with the purges of English employees. If you go back in the newspapers and find when he declared Canadian goverment should be totally bilingual.

You're wrong - this was done via the Official Languages act in 1969:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Languages_Act_(Canada)

"The Official Languages Act (French: Loi sur les langues officielles) is a Canadian law that came into force on September 9, 1969,[1] "

It was amended by the sitting government in 1988.

Also - I don't have to go back in the newspapers - you do. If you make a claim then you are expected to be able to back it up with something better than "I heard it from somebody."

Brian Mulrooneys campaign manager told me that we will never see another English Canada Prime Minister.

Well, Harper seems to prove your campaign manager wrong.

The rest of your post comes across as just anti-French. Quebec is actually losing influence in Canada, as evidenced by this explanation, ie. they lost 1% of their seat representation in the 2011 redistribution.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/10/27/house-of-commons-seat-redistribution-ontario-quebec-bc-alberta-conservative-bill_n_1035036.html

The amendment in 1988 was for a bilingual Federal bureaucracy. The method to get this implemented is as I say was. It was done quietly and of course protected under the official secrets act. Don't want the public upset of how they ruin peoples lives and agenda people sieze power. The REAL government is the bureaucracy . The deputy ministers have way too much power. Like Joe Clark learned after 3 months as PM Quote " I should have fired all of the deputy ministers." Illustrating it one of Joe Clarks MP wanted to see the files on Trudeaus energy nationalization (Petro Canada ) so he asked the Secretary to get it. Secretaries are appointed by the Deputy Ministers and keep the deputy minsters informed of everything the MP is doing. Lo and behold four bureaucrat payed a visit and informed him we will tell what you can see and what you can't see, we will tell you what legislation you will present so the constituents will see something of what your doing, we will write newsletters every month to make you look good, If you tow the line you will look good and get elected for a second term and gaurantee your pension.

I'm not anti French but I resent that a population of what 8 million rules this country using the French language and the 2 for 1 representation as TOOL for Power.

The amendment in 1988 was for a bilingual Federal bureaucracy. The method to get this implemented is as I say was.

Ok. Do you have any pictures of the 'French gestapo' then ?

It was done quietly and of course protected under the official secrets act.

Right, I get it. A conspiracy ! The last refuge of the poster who has absolutely nothing to back up his/her claims.

Moving on...

I'm not anti French but I resent that a population of what 8 million rules this country using the French language and the 2 for 1 representation as TOOL for Power.

From my earlier link: "Tourism Minister and Quebec Conservative MP Maxim Bernier responded to the criticism saying that "Quebec represents 23 per cent of the population and Quebec would get 23 per cent of the seats.""

If you can explain where this fantasy of 2 for 1 representation comes from, then your point will have been backed up. But you can't. It's just some ideas that you have.

• 2 weeks later...