How does President Obama compare to his predecessor, George W. Bush?

Obama compared to Bush?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well,Obama isn't done his presidency as yet and GW, had his dad and bro. for advise but what I remember most about GW was he always flying off somewhere in the US and I think towards the end he spent more time on Air Force One than the White House. I read that he was caught doing cocaine in the WH, so that's the reason for being on Air Force One so much, who knows.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush screwed up the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, then ended things up with a massive financial catastrophe which ruined the lives of hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people. He was a disaster as president.

Obama? He was never ready to be president in the first place. He's been a drone, accomplishing little or nothing. His foreign policy has been disastrous. His domestic policy - does he have one - has been largely absent. Whatever inspiration he had faded after he walked into the Oval Office. He's shown little interest in the deal-making which is a necessity for presidents, and never did get his priorities right.

If it weren't for his skin color he would be ignored by history. One of those place-marker presidents nobody remembers.

Surely you know that the finical collapse was all on the democrats in congress and to a lesser part Bill Clinton.

As far as Bush goes, yes people hated the Iraq war - and subsequently him, however, I've never seen thing go so bad for one person as they have for Obama. His inability to make hard decisions is down right embarrassing.

I actually wonder if Obama didn't look at Bush and decide that everything Bush would do, he'd do different...with dismal results.

A man who makes tough decisions will sometimes be wrong, a man who never makes decisions will always be wrong.

Surely you know that the finical collapse was all on the democrats in congress and to a lesser part Bill Clinton.

Complete, unmitigated bullshit. Certainly the loosening of rules by the previous congress, which was done with the enthusiastic approval of both parties and Clinton (at the urging of Allan Greenspan), had an effect. But it was the deliberate and determined effort on the part of the Bush administration to loosen whatever regulations and rules it could, and to appoint like-minded people who would ignore what regulations and oversight they couldn't overturn, which allowed the mess to fester and boil over. Those people Bush appointed should have been shot after the disaster they oversaw and every investment bank CEO should have been stripped off their fortunes and thrown into prison.

As far as Bush goes, yes people hated the Iraq war - and subsequently him,

He took his eye off the Afghanistan ball, which was the main point of effort, and let the Taliban and Al Quaeda get away and reorganize. Then he invaded Iraq without enough men, against the advice of the pentagon, with no plan for what to do when they won.

however, I've never seen thing go so bad for one person as they have for Obama. His inability to make hard decisions is down right embarrassing.

I'm not a fan of his, but he's had help with the morons in the Republican congress, and at least he hasn't nearly bankrupted the country and gotten it into multiple wars.

... I read that he was caught doing cocaine in the WH, so that's the reason for being on Air Force One so much, who knows.

...and I read that President Clinton was caught doing interns in the WH while Al Qaeda bombed the WTC, U.S. embassies, ships and allies. Hope it was good Bill !

Complete, unmitigated bullshit. Certainly the loosening of rules by the previous congress, which was done with the enthusiastic approval of both parties and Clinton (at the urging of Allan Greenspan), had an effect. But it was the deliberate and determined effort on the part of the Bush administration to loosen whatever regulations and rules it could, and to appoint like-minded people who would ignore what regulations and oversight they couldn't overturn, which allowed the mess to fester and boil over. Those people Bush appointed should have been shot after the disaster they oversaw and every investment bank CEO should have been stripped off their fortunes and thrown into prison.

He took his eye off the Afghanistan ball, which was the main point of effort, and let the Taliban and Al Quaeda get away and reorganize. Then he invaded Iraq without enough men, against the advice of the pentagon, with no plan for what to do when they won.

I'm not a fan of his, but he's had help with the morons in the Republican congress, and at least he hasn't nearly bankrupted the country and gotten it into multiple wars.

It's all on Youtube via C-Span if you cared to open you mind. Every republican begged congress to stop the madness...to no avail. It's all part of affirmative action and "everybody deserves a house" bullshit that Clinton spewed in the 90's.

When Obama made the fateful decision to inject himself into a spat with a home owner and a cop who insisted he show his ID, I knew Obama was much worse than just an empty suit. he still can't make deals in Congress, after squandering the dream of majorities in both houses. No foreign policy other than to signal clearly to Putin, etc, that he is a wet rag and can be ignored at will. A domestic policy that forced a disasterous medical system with lies about being able to keep your doctor. Their economy only came out of the doldrums after pumping it up with 80 billion a month for 5 years, and as soon as the spigot is shut off, watch out.

Clinton was a pervert, but at least he handled his day job with some skill. Obama is worse than Carter, and it's far from over.

It's all on Youtube via C-Span if you cared to open you mind. Every republican begged congress to stop the madness...to no avail. It's all part of affirmative action and "everybody deserves a house" bullshit that Clinton spewed in the 90's.

Yeah, sorry, but my mind, while open, isn't open enough to let in quite as much BS as you seem willing to swallow. Too much perspective and affection for reality in my personality.

Yeah, sorry, but my mind, while open, isn't open enough to let in quite as much BS as you seem willing to swallow. Too much perspective and affection for reality in my personality.

Look, when I personally hear Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and all the other Dems in congress mock and belittle every single republican who warns them against lending practices of FMae and FMac, and then insist to the repubs that there is nothing wrong with the system, then yeah, I'll believe what I've seen.

It's not perspective, it's directly from C-span - unedited and in all their own words.

Look, when I personally hear Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and all the other Dems in congress mock and belittle every single republican who warns them against lending practices of FMae and FMac, and then insist to the repubs that there is nothing wrong with the system, then yeah, I'll believe what I've seen.

It's not perspective, it's directly from C-span - unedited and in all their own words.

Was Barney Frank president? Was Nancy Pelosi in charge of the Treasury Department? Was Harry Reid in charge of the Securities and Exchange Commission or the Office of Thrift Oversight? Who was in charge of all US government oversight agencies again and who appointed the people who ran them? Remind me.

Which party is even now DESPERATELY doing everything it can do restrict, restrain and hinder any federal government agency which has oversight on Wall Street? Which party wants to roll back or eliminate oversight of Wall Street?

Apparently many Americans (who actually have to live under, and are effected by Obama goverance and policy) disagree with the insistence of the we-know-better-than-you Canadians of the forum. :lol:

Only 22 Percent of Americans Say They’re Better Off Under Obama

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/10/15/just-22-percent-say-theyre-better-off-under-obama/

Hmmm, perhaps they know something you don't? Nah, couldn't be! :lol:

Apparently many Americans (who actually have to live under, and are effected by Obama goverance and policy) disagree with the insistence of the we-know-better-than-you Canadians of the forum. :lol:

But...but...I thought that some Canadians always know what is best for 335,000,000 Americans and millions more illegal aliens.

What will we do now ??????

Canada has a long history of wannabe pretending about U.S. elections. Environics has tracked such things:

Environics founder Michael Adams noted: “If Canada had been a state in the United States in 1988 and 1992, we would have been a swing state. In the 2000 election, we would have voted like Vermont or Massachusetts. This year, Canada as a whole would vote like inner city Chicago.”

http://worthwhile.typepad.com/worthwhile_canadian_initi/2008/07/canadians-for-obama.html

bamacan.jpg