China and Canada, Freedom Foes or Trade Friends

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

China aren't commies, they're state monopoly capitalists that use communist names and imagery.
Communism is a socioeconomic system structured upon common ownership of the means of production by all members of society and characterized by the absence of social classes, money, and the state.
China is not moving to establish a Communist social order, nor are they a class-less, money-less, or state-less society. These things exist in spades in China. Sorry it just irks me when people refer to China or the Soviet Union as communists. They used the name, the west went with it to run their anti-communist cold war propaganda, they are nothing of the sort. In fact no one has ever achieved communism, and it's pretty obvious China is not actively pursuing it. Also I would just like to clarify to all those in attendance that I am not, nor have I ever been, a member of a communist party.
/rant

Carry on folks.

Nobody runs from Canada to China. Millions run the other way. China is an autocracy, with only the very beginning of democracy creeping in. The word ridiculous is not too strong to describe your assertion that they have more freedom than we do here.

Met people from Australia, England, Canada, USA, New Zealand and other European countries who want to live there on a full time basis.

Part of the problem is that they have a population problem there. Not an easy country to immigrate to.

WWWTT

lol

THAT'S what you come up with? Discrimination of a pretend religion about wearing a colander on his head?

Did ICBC kill the man for being a "pastafarian"? Cuz China actually kills and oppresses religious minorities!

LOL You have to be a fake member... a caricature... you can't actually be a real person...... ?????

lol

LOL You have to be a fake member... a caricature... you can't actually be a real person...... ?????

Pretty much.

Oure esteemed and underlearned poster has never heard of Falun Gong I suppose and the hundreds of thousands who have been incarcerated for practising a simple religion.Not to mention the couple thousand who have died for the same.

Freedom in china.....what a jokester he or rather she is.

Edited by Guyser2

Man you guys are all hell bent on lowering the value of this site like as if it was some kind of mission you're on!

Anyways, here's another link that will have the both of you salivating, cursing and put you on a drinking rampage!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204267309510457&set=a.2055832482986.2123693.1459811173&type=1

WWWTT

Man you guys are all hell bent on lowering the value of this site like as if it was some kind of mission you're on!

WWWTT

Not at all.

No idea what your link has to do w anything.

But heres the skinny. Sites like this get lowered when ignorant people with no education come along.

Why they even try and convince a rather well educated bunch that CHina has more freedom than America or Canada.

Or try to argue that people have a right TO a passport. (then run when they have nothing available to refute it)

Not at all.

But heres the skinny. Sites like this get lowered when ignorant people with no education come along.

Why they even try and convince a rather well educated bunch that CHina has more freedom than America or Canada.

Or try to argue that people have a right TO a passport. (then run when they have nothing available to refute it)

What's the matter buddy?

You always seem to be shadowing me and having to reply to me. I guess you're not much for starting something.

What was the last thread you started?

Maybe start a thread about the rights in China.

WWWTT

Not at all.

Kinda makes it like a whackamo game. Looks like you got one that time as well.

Maybe start a thread about the rights in China.

WWWTT

I guess I could. It would look like this.

Chinese people dont have rights anywhere near what CDA or USA has.

Replies would look like this.....

Yea, no shit.

or

The sun sets in the west Captain Obvious

or

You mean there are dumb people who think otherwise?

So why bother?

Edited by Guyser2

North Korea? Never been there.

Lots of Iphones and other camera phones in China.

Once again Cybercoma chooses to turn a blind eye to facts!

But hey buddy, don't let facts get in your way of this debate.

WWWTT

Just thought that you might want to be something more than just being a MLW shadow like On Guard for Thee

Guess you don't?

WWWTT

Enough topics are started thanks very much. Most are pretty good.

Just thought you might like to get an education, you missed it the first time around, and sorry, no one can fix stupid. But one could read and learn, try it, it will help your life.

Enough topics are started thanks very much. Most are pretty good.

Just thought you might like to get an education, you missed it the first time around, and sorry, no one can fix stupid. But one could read and learn, try it, it will help your life.

So that's why you're my shadow now? Because you think that I want an education from you? But then you say no one can fix stupid.

Were you abused when you were a child?

WWWTT

• 2 weeks later...

new to the site, late to the thread, so no way to respond to 13 pages except to say that posts 108-112 come close to reality.

To suggest Chinese enjoy more freedoms than Westerners is ludicrous in the extreme. My best friend and business partner when in employ of a giant Chinese state-owned multi-national could not travel freely for business without express permission of government ON APPLICATION even after he rose to be the vice-chair of international business. Ten years later, things are better, but don't even begin to try to tell me there are any reasonable level of personal freedoms or human rights comparable to what we experience.

What you ARE free to do is pollute the countryside, poison people around the world and lie about any document, your income, etc. Unless you become a pain in the arse to someone in the Party or some level of government, you really are pretty much alone to do as you please. China HAS all kinds of laws protecting environment, consumers, etc. but they are seldom ever enforced unless to serve agendae of party or bureaucrats. The reason you pay more for imported goods than domestic equivalent is that Chinese KNOW that what something appears to be is not what it might be in fact.

The subject of language was briefly broached: due to the restrictions on travel for decades, very few people in China speak or understand many of the dialects outside of their home. You can learn the words, but unless you know the regional dialect and on top of that are sufficiently familiar with the culture to understand context, you have very little idea of what you are saying and what is being said. HUGE blocks of people do speak Mandarin and/or Cantonese, but...

People in China are totally distrusting in government - for good reason. It is the same Communist party today from which Chairman Mao managed to starve as many as 100,000,000 people by nationalizing all farm land. Made the Holucost look like a small car crash. China's turnaround came with the wisdom of the Four Pillars of Modern Reform - courtesy of Deng's European exposure and education. HOWEVER: to think this is a capitalist society and system is extremely wrong. This is institutionalized exploitation of the strengths and weaknesses of Capitalism as well as the strengths and weaknesses of their own people and situation in a centrally planned campaign that would make Marx blush. Even the adaptation of technology is not happenstance (or internally developed), it occurs due to massive monitoring of worldwide cyber communications and data storage in a State sponsored wave of cyber-terrorism and cyber-theft beyond your wildest imagination.

Now, all of that being said: if you ask a citizen if they are better off now than 10 and 20 years ago, they would ask if you are crazy, of course they are. If you ask them if they expect to be better off in another 10 or 20 years, they will reply "of course". So, while they don't have Western standards of living and freedom, what you see happening is simply the very quickly evolving "catch up" to the rest of the world that is inevitable. China (and even to the understanding of Chinese leaders) can no longer stand still, nor will her people. And that's a good thing.

Should we sanction them for their extremely one-sided trade practices? No, not IMHO. HOWEVER: we really MUST protect our consumers from to total lack of truth and integrity of Chinese manufactured and exported products. THAT is fair ball by our rules.

Edited by cannuck

Nice read cannuck ^

Dont worry, no one in their right mind believes the Chinese have rights or freedoms like we do in Canada, key word is 'right mind'.

As for this...

...it occurs due to massive monitoring of worldwide cyber communications and data storage in a State sponsored wave of cyber-terrorism and cyber-theft beyond your wildest imagination.

...I have Huawei as neighbours. .....seem shady

Edited by Guyser2

• 3 months later...

new to the site, late to the thread, so no way to respond to 13 pages except to say that posts 108-112 come close to reality.

To suggest Chinese enjoy more freedoms than Westerners is ludicrous in the extreme. My best friend and business partner when in employ of a giant Chinese state-owned multi-national could not travel freely for business without express permission of government ON APPLICATION even after he rose to be the vice-chair of international business. Ten years later, things are better, but don't even begin to try to tell me there are any reasonable level of personal freedoms or human rights comparable to what we experience.

What you ARE free to do is pollute the countryside, poison people around the world and lie about any document, your income, etc. Unless you become a pain in the arse to someone in the Party or some level of government, you really are pretty much alone to do as you please. China HAS all kinds of laws protecting environment, consumers, etc. but they are seldom ever enforced unless to serve agendae of party or bureaucrats. The reason you pay more for imported goods than domestic equivalent is that Chinese KNOW that what something appears to be is not what it might be in fact.

People in China are totally distrusting in government - for good reason. It is the same Communist party today from which Chairman Mao managed to starve as many as 100,000,000 people by nationalizing all farm land. Made the Holucost look like a small car crash. China's turnaround came with the wisdom of the Four Pillars of Modern Reform - courtesy of Deng's European exposure and education. HOWEVER: to think this is a capitalist society and system is extremely wrong. This is institutionalized exploitation of the strengths and weaknesses of Capitalism as well as the strengths and weaknesses of their own people and situation in a centrally planned campaign that would make Marx blush. Even the adaptation of technology is not happenstance (or internally developed), it occurs due to massive monitoring of worldwide cyber communications and data storage in a State sponsored wave of cyber-terrorism and cyber-theft beyond your wildest imagination.

So does the people of the People Republic of China have more rights?

Clearly they do!

And here's the proof!

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVi5J0uBUTpwACoInnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTEzM2pkdDNiBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1lIUzAwMl8x/RV=2/RE=1424048841/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fen.people.cn%2fconstitution%2fconstitution.html/RK=0/RS=3rSxSKyYQZzxffXbJnoCPTN3biE-

Take all the time you want to read that my friends!

Very good read as well!!!! Well written documents light years ahead of what I have read from any western nation!

Then come back and post your opinion about how you feel.

WWWTT

You don't have to look very hard to find an example where China isn't allowing freedom of expression, which is a cardinal right in places like Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Israel and so on...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/04/03/us-china-dissident-idUSPEK10194620080403

(Reuters) - A Buddhist Chinese dissident outspoken on Tibet and other sensitive topics was jailed for three-and-a-half years on Thursday, a conviction likely to become a focus of international rights campaigns ahead of the Beijing Olympics.[/size]

Hu Jia, 34, was found guilty of "inciting subversion of state power" for criticizing the ruling Communist Party, a verdict at which the United States expressed dismay.