China and Canada, Freedom Foes or Trade Friends

You don't have to look very hard to find an example where China isn't allowing freedom of expression, which is a cardinal right in places like Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Israel and so on...

Go back to the link that I have posted above!

Until then you are pretty much ignorant in this debate.

Article 35. Citizens of the People's Republic of China enjoy freedom of speech, of the press, of assembly, of association, of procession and of demonstration.

*Side note. The link you provided is 7 years old. Want me to provide some old links showing how Nelson Mandela was considered a "terrorist" by the west and deserved to be in jail for trying to bring freedom to his nation!

WWWTT

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go back to the link that I have posted above!

*Side note. The link you provided is 7 years old.

Yes, I read it. The Chinese constitution is from the 1980s isn't it ? So it's over 30 years old.

And objective information, ie. "facts", dates back to the point in time when human ancestors grew eyes and brains. This means that at that time, if another invertebrate offered a juicy piece of protoplasm, the first invertebrate would make up his own mind before accepting it. Thus objective knowledge as a concept was born.

Please apply this principle.

I reject your Chinese propaganda protoplasm.

Want me to provide some old links showing how Nelson Mandela was considered a "terrorist" by the west and deserved to be in jail for trying to bring freedom to his nation!

He is/was a terrorist by the definition though. The fact that he was fighting for a noble cause is interesting and a valid point too. That being said, do you think blowing up infrastructure in South Africa in the 1960s is as noble a cause as putting a Tibetan activist in jail for expressing his views ?

Sorry, I may have gone too far with my thorough explanation of how objective thinking helps rational people discern between Chinese propaganda and fact.

I'll politely withdraw from this thread then.

Apology accepted.

The Chinese constitution dates from around 1982, the SAME YEAR as the Canadian!

It is also updated!

Please read it in it's entirety.

Thank you.

WWWTT

Apology accepted.

It is also updated!

Thank you.

WWWTT

Except our constitution tends to be upheld. BTW, didnt they recetly roll up the Hog Kog protesters yet again. They will vote for whoever Beijing sends them and thats that.

Except our constitution tends to be upheld. BTW, didnt they recetly roll up the Hog Kog protesters yet again. They will vote for whoever Beijing sends them and thats that.

I guess so?

I'm sure it lasted just as long as the G20 protest in Toronto 2010.

Oh wait? What? When?

WWWTT

Thank you too. I don't accept any government's official version of things without a few dissenting voices and supporting voices too. That's why I listen to CNN, FOX, CBC, CTV but the last word for me is MLW.

I'm sure there is many there.

Keep in mind that for every Canadian, there is 50 Chinese people!

WWWTT

You do realize that all Chinese companies have ties to the Communist Party, right? And that the courts will not find any issue with anything they do unless the party wishes them to? No, you probably don't.

Apology accepted.

It is also updated!

Thank you.

WWWTT

The Soviet Union had a constitution, too. It guaranteed freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, freedom of the press, etc.

Just cheap words on a paper, unenforced and unenforceable, much like the Chinese constitution.

You do realize that all Chinese companies have ties to the Communist Party, right? And that the courts will not find any issue with anything they do unless the party wishes them to? No, you probably don't.

Oh you mean like this?

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVvFpBuFU9TUAyzgnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTEzMW0yNTZkBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1lIUzAwMV8x/RV=2/RE=1424062186/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.greenpeace.org%2fcanada%2fen%2fBlog%2fwhat-the-oil-industry-wants-the-harper-govern%2fblog%2f43617%2f/RK=0/RS=WQ0CQmWqRA.cT42eJhWZO2cP0yM-

WWWTT

Uhm, you seem to be confused (not that this is a novelty for you). The article seems to be saying that the oil industry has an inordinate influence on the government. What I said was that the Chinese government has an inordinate influence on companies -- not to mention the courts.

Uhm, you seem to be confused (not that this is a novelty for you). The article seems to be saying that the oil industry has an inordinate influence on the government. What I said was that the Chinese government has an inordinate influence on companies -- not to mention the courts.

So you're saying that you PREFER corporations control the government like in Canada instead of your unfounded claim that the Chinese government control corporations.

Ok Argus if you say so.

WWWTT

So you're saying that you PREFER corporations control the government like in Canada instead of your unfounded claim that the Chinese government control corporations.

Well, no, I'm saying your cite was stupid and irrelevant, like almost everything else you post.

Do you get what the video is trying to convey?

Ya absolutely!

Do you?

Did you read ALL the links I provided in this thread?

Am I supposed to take you serious, but then you dismiss/ignore what I write and provide?

Tell you what, I'm going to give you a chance to redeem yourself. Go back and completely read the link I provided to the PRC constitution.

Then lets use this as well in our debate.

If you continue to ignore what I provide, then basically what you are saying is that you have more rights in debating than whom others have such as myself or that some rights have greater merit than others, at YOUR OWN DISCRETION!

And when you say this,you think that I somehow find it to be a convincing argument of rights?!?!?!?!

WWWTT

Edited by WWWTT

Ya absolutely!

Do you?

Did you read ALL the links I provided in this thread?

Am I supposed to take you serious, but then you dismiss/ignore what I write and provide?

Tell you what, I'm going to give you a chance to redeem yourself. Go back and completely read the link I provided to the PRC constitution.

Then lets use this as well in our debate.

If you continue to ignore what I provide, then basically what you are saying is that you have more rights in debating than whom others have such as myself or that some rights have greater merit than others, at YOUR OWN DISCRETION!

And when you say this,you think that I somehow find it to be a convincing argument of rights?!?!?!?!

WWWTT

I have no clue what you are going on about and I don't need to redeem myself to you or anyone else. But thank you for offering me a chance.

I was speaking to the video you posted, nothing else.

Edited by WestCoastRunner

I have no clue what you are going on about and I don't need to redeem myself to you or anyone else. But thank you for offering me a chance.

I was speaking to the video you posted, nothing else.

There's a phrase for that, it's called cherry picking.

Or taking things out of context. You choose.

Either way, I provided the links, please read them all.

Thank you WCR

WWWTT

There's a phrase for that, it's called cherry picking.

Or taking things out of context. You choose.

Either way, I provided the links, please read them all.

Thank you WCR

WWWTT

I'm not interested in your links about China. Again, I was referring to the video you posted. If you don't want comments about the video you posted, then you shouldn't have posted it.

Edited by WestCoastRunner

I'm not interested in your links about China. Again, I was referring to the video you posted. If you don't want comments about the video you posted, then you shouldn't have posted it.

Never said any such thing, only you did therefore it's only YOUR OPINION!

Looks like you want to play games about what that clip means.

Looks like you don't like what that clip says!

Looks like you don't like the fact that most Americans are in denial about their so called false hope electoral rights!

WWWTT

China is cracking down on religion... as usual. This is a horrible, petty regime that abuses human rights at every opportunity.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/02/chinese-communist-party-officials-crack-down-believers

Government-backed demolition crews forced hundreds of churches to remove prominently placed crosses, despite elaborate protests and sit-ins by congregants. Some of the buildings were branded “illegal structures” and demolished entirely.

Zhejiang authorities made the announcement on Friday, and the state-run Global Times newspaper reported them late on Sunday night.

-----------------------------------------------