Ferguson unrest

Not good enough for the mob (here) so quick to indict Wilson for murder...they believe that petty criminals and thugs are still citizens with the right to assault police without fear of lethal force...just maybe some net guns, pepper spray, or sticky foam. [/sarcasm]

why do posters need to include a 'sarcasm' note to their post?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shady, this isn't a chess game. And you still believe bs in the media.

Ed Magee, a spokesman for St. Louis County Prosecutor Robert McCulloch, declined to comment on the new reports about Wilson, and said prosecutors have not received any medical records. But he said that because Wilson was taken to the hospital, McCulloch’s office assumes such records exist.

Why would they not have received such records by now. And where is Wilson's lawyer? Where are the supporters of Wilson? Why haven't they come out in the media to support him? That is a common tactical legal maneuver to bring out his supporters.

Well, well, well...

The signs of easing tensions came as a family friend of the officer who fatally shot Brown came forward to offer a version of the incident with new details, saying that the officer suffered a fracture to his eye socket in a scuffle with the unarmed teenager before opening fire.

Hospital X-rays of the injury have been taken and will be shared with a grand jury that is weighing evidence to determine whether Officer Darren Wilson should be charged in the shooting, said the friend

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/police-officer-who-shot-michael-brown-suffered-fractured-eye-socket-friend-says/2014/08/21/177524ea-293c-11e4-958c-268a320a60ce_story.html?hpid=z1

X-rays of the fracture will be shared with the grand jury. Checkmate.

The article is full of assumptions. Noone has rec'd any medical records and statements like "a friend said" etc. "McCulloch's office assumes such records exist" are aLONG way from anything near "checkmate".

Ed Magee, a spokesman for St. Louis County Prosecutor Robert McCulloch, declined to comment on the new reports about Wilson, and said prosecutors have not received any medical records. But he said that because Wilson was taken to the hospital, McCulloch’s office assumes such records exist.

Why would they not have received such records by now. And where is Wilson's lawyer? Where are the supporters of Wilson? Why haven't they come out in the media to support him? That is a common tactical legal maneuver to bring out his supporters.

Supporters of Wilson can't go out in public, because they fear for their lives. But some have spoken to the media. Are you disputing that the grand jury will recieve said x-rays? On what basis? Because you personally don't know if they've recieved them as of today? What's your link to the quote you posted?

You do realize that even if it turns out that the officer was fully justified in shooting Brown, it would still be pathetic that you regurgitated unfounded accusations against Brown without sourcing your information. Checkmate.

Nope, I sourced my information. But what's really pathetic is finding one person guilty until proven innocent, while finding another person innocent until proven guilty. It's pathetic and unjust.

Supporters of Wilson can't go out in public, because they fear for their lives. But some have spoken to the media. Are you disputing that the grand jury will recieve said x-rays? On what basis? Because you personally don't know if they've recieved them as of today? What's your link to the quote you posted?

LOL, the quote I posted was from your link!! good grief!

They fear for their lives?? I haven't seen any supporters speak to the media. Do you have links?

The article is full of assumptions. Noone has rec'd any medical records and statements like "a friend said" etc. "McCulloch's office assumes such records exist" are aLONG way from anything near "checkmate".

At least people like you might be a little less eager to jump on someone's guilt without knowing all of the facts.

why do posters need to include a 'sarcasm' note to their post?

It's certainly not that we need any help identifying same.
I think one of my suspensions may have been from not flagging a post as sarcastic or satirical.

What a stupid rule!

It isn't a rule.

I started a thread when Hugo Chavez died about the effect of his death on Canada and his solid values. Some people didn't think it was funny, and reported it. The reports earned me a 30 day suspension.

It certainly wasn't overly hard to pick out the flimsyness in that link.

If they want to be taken seriously, they need to post serious content. It's a pretty simple rule to follow. I consider myself to have an open mind and if sources are credible, I will listen and take a second look.

If they want to be taken seriously, they need to post serious content. It's a pretty simple rule to follow. I consider myself to have an open mind and if sources are credible, I will listen and take a second look.

The Washington Post isn't serious content? How so?

That was a stupid suspension.

I thought so but the reporting posters didn't agree. It's no secret that me and BC-2004 are in a close race for most despised posters here that aren't banned outright. Edited by jbg