How Trudeau is winning my vote

So you want to believe a guy that has been convicted of Election Fraud? Where's the evidence?

I wanna know who else commited election fraud. As I say it's quite naive to reckon Sona acted alone, at least according to the judge. And reports range all the way up to as many as 200 ridings being affected. Sona must have been damn busy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the fact this "contempt" forced an election in 2011, an election that have the Conservatives a majority, I would say no.....Canadians don't care. They agreed that it was a parliamentary manouever and they roasted the parties responsible for it.

The Contempt finding did NOT force the election. The failure of the budget bill did. I suspect that all parties involved were able to shift things on the order paper knowing the budget would likely fall and bring on an election rather than go down the untrodden road of voting on the Contempt. If that had been upheld Harper would have been still PM but not allowed in the house, and could have gone to jail. Even those who didn't support Harper didn't want the chaos that could have ensued.

Another thing about RoboCall is if it was a grand conspiracy it was a really crappy one. People get their voter card mailed out. It would take a really stupid voter to be convinced by a robocall that the EC card is wrong.

Telemarketing has never worked so well.

How would that make someone stupid? It's a robocall, you can't ask for any explanation, so you have to make a decision, trust the call or trust the voter card which arrived days ago. Maybe I'm stupid but not until this scandal broke did I know that EC does not contact voters directly. I guess if we have gained anything, we now know at least that.

How would that make someone stupid? It's a robocall, you can't ask for any explanation, so you have to make a decision, trust the call or trust the voter card which arrived days ago. Maybe I'm stupid but not until this scandal broke did I know that EC does not contact voters directly. I guess if we have gained anything, we now know at least that.

Your voter card had a number to confirm I'm assuming. Also are we to believe these voters just gave up once finding out they were deceived?

Why weren't more people screaming bloody murder?

Edited by Boges

The Contempt finding did NOT force the election. The failure of the budget bill did.

The budget didn't pass because all three opposition leaders didn't have confidence in the government based on the contempt finding.

The actual no-confidence motion filed by Ignattief was based on the contempt finding. Again...all political manouevers that killed the Liberals in the end!

The budget didn't pass because all three opposition leaders didn't have confidence in the government based on the contempt finding.

The actual no-confidence motion filed by Ignattief was based on the contempt finding. Again...all political manouevers that killed the Liberals in the end!

In fact the Contempt vote never was voted on. The government fell and so the order paper was cleared. I personally wish they would have voted on it. Not so easy to sweep under the rug such as they have done.

Your voter card had a number to confirm I'm assuming. Also are we to believe these voters just gave up once finding out they were deceived?

Why weren't more people screaming bloody murder?

People did scream bloody murder. Thousands of complainst were phoned in. Unfortunately they didn't follow up by logging into the special page that EC setup where you had to include name and address. The election was over and people were likely too pissed off to bother.

People did scream bloody murder. Thousands of complainst were phoned in. Unfortunately they didn't follow up by logging into the special page that EC setup where you had to include name and address. The election was over and people were likely too pissed off to bother.

How many times are you going to spew out that garbage? Once again (or is it three times now) - well over 30,000 "complaints" were sent to Elections Canada through a Leadnow.org online website - mostly at the urging of the NDP. Elections Canada reclassified them as "contacts" - a polite way of dismissing them as irrelevant. Have a look (again):

http://thealbertaardvark.blogspot.ca/2012/03/31000-contacts-to-elections-canada-on.html

http://canadianawareness.org/2012/03/leadnow-ca-doing-more-harm-than-good-in-the-robocall-scandal/

Edited by Keepitsimple

In fact the Contempt vote never was voted on. The government fell and so the order paper was cleared. I personally wish they would have voted on it. Not so easy to sweep under the rug such as they have done.

Was there ever to be a vote? The committee recommended they be found in contempt. Two days later the non confidence motion was tabled and two days after that they voted on the non confidence. I'm not sure what the next step for the contempt side was but they sure didn't give it much time.

Even those who didn't support Harper didn't want the chaos that could have ensued.

Speak for yourself, chaos would have been a breath of fresh air. Nothing would have been finer than watching all the King's minions trying to keep Humpty Dumpty from imploding.

Was there ever to be a vote? The committee recommended they be found in contempt. Two days later the non confidence motion was tabled and two days after that they voted on the non confidence. I'm not sure what the next step for the contempt side was but they sure didn't give it much time.

The commitee provided it's findings. That got it on the order paper. Had the government not fallen on the non confidence, it would have come to a vote. When a government is dissolved all previous business in terms of pending votes dissolves with it.

Well, well, looks like Harper and company are getting worried about Trudeau's stance on marijuana. Mackay is now suggesting that more lenient marijuana laws are still on the table and it would happen sooner rather than later.

Yeah I mentioned that a little earlier on here and isn't it funny how they have retreated from their 'tough on crime" stance as they the polls holding steady for JT.

Yeah I mentioned that a little earlier on here and isn't it funny how they have retreated from their 'tough on crime" stance as they the polls holding steady for JT.

Oh, I missed that! Sorry. It takes a lot of energy to read through all the posts! Still, everyone can see through their ridiculous back peddling.

I'd rather the NDP write whatever legislation Ottawa dreams up. Decriminalization sounds a lot more neutral. Liberals will, sure as shit, see that it ends up in the hands of big corporations, the Cons will too but not for another 150 years.

hehe. However, I like the sounds of millions of dollars of taxes being put into the coffers of the govt instead of the drug dealers. We need to finance our infrastructure, education system and especially the health care system!

I hear that in addition to his makeup and sweater vests, Steve-O is going to grow out his Lego hair and rock JT like flowing locks this campaign.