Moncton NB shooting

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't have the balls to top himself. Tosser.

Innocent until proven guilty!

Or do you prefer I show you the latest cop beating video?

Guess you never heard of police brutality hey?

WWWTT

Innocent my ass. This guy got overly lucky - what he deserved was one in the center of mass and a confirmation shot from up close by Tactical. Now we'll be paying for this piece of shit for the next 5-10 years until they release him under NCR status. (any bets on this one? I seem to remember calling it in the Vince Li case...)

Then he'll go back to his merry little life, Until he "goes off" again that is.

Guilt is for the court to decide.

I personally am glad he was taken alive so that he will have an opportunity to give his side of the story.

Maybe he was acting in self defence and he figured, no sorry cops, you don't look so tuff to me.

WWWTT

And what if he/she surrenders?

That is the law in Canada.

WWWTT

A women has taken vidio of Mr Bourque exicuting one officer at close range, i think there is enough evidence to prove his guilt....said vidio was on the inter net but was taken down by authorities...He will have his day in court, but he is difinitly not innocent.

A women has taken vidio of Mr Bourque exicuting one officer at close range, i think there is enough evidence to prove his guilt....said vidio was on the inter net but was taken down by authorities...He will have his day in court, but he is difinitly not innocent.

Well I never saw the video, so I can not comment on something I have not seen. As well, perhaps the video shows that he was acting in self defence?

You seem to have forgotten that we all have the right to protect ourselves.

Look at that cop that was charged with murder in Toronto for shooting a kid on the streetcar, he still is innocent till proven guilty by a court.

Funny how everyone forgets about the innocent people who were killed by police when a police is shot by a civilian!

WWWTT

That's what I was figuring he may have done. But he should still be showing on IR. The body cools at about .83 C/hour and the current temperature in Moncton is 21C So he couldn't be dead long enough yet to fade into the background temp. From what those who actually sawe him up close he seemed to be a man on a mission. Maybe his mission included a good escape plan.

Problem with Thermal imaging systems is that they are not the end all be all tool. they can be very effective at night in open terrain when the ground is cooler. very effective in the winter. however in the deep bush where this guy was, if you have enough over head cover then they can be ineffective. In fact the military produces fabric that helps in masking heat signatures, such as CADPAT, Cam Nets , or veh screens.... top that off with all mother natures criters running around and you could chase something for miles before clearly indentifing it as the right target. they are easily fooled as well lying in one spot for a couple hours then moving to deep cover will give a false heat signature. Thermal is normally used with over serv op equip to cover all the possiable spectrems, such as IR, ground radar, etc etc...

Unlike the movies they don't see through objects suchs as walls or trees etc...

The RCMP had alot of assets on the ground, and this guy was going to get caught it was just a matter of time, but i think it was mother nature that drove him out of the thick brush....it was raining so he was wet and cold, the insects alone would be enough to drive him crazy....anyone spent any time in the woods would know the flies and skiters and beyond thick this time of year....you can't mess with Mother Nature she'll beat you every time....

I think it is time to give 2 mins and pray for the fallen and thier families....

Or do you prefer I show you the latest cop beating video?

Guess you never heard of police brutality hey?

WWWTT

This is a good point to bring up. We have many cases of police brutality causing death and the verdict in most cases are that the actions were within the guidelines of being on duty. Police can LIE to you in order to get information out of you.

I am not one to advocate for shooting cops. That won't solve a damn thing. But as much as it ticks anyone off, this guy will get his day in court. Your other point about Yatim's shooting in Toronto is a good example of why people like this suspect Bourque would take these kinds of actions. Again, not apologizing for it.

But time and time again, we see cops overstepping their boundaries for whatever reason. I keep using the case of Kelley Thomas in the US, who was beaten by several officers, all on video. I do think two end up getting charged, but that was because the residents threatened to riot if justice was not properly delivered.

None of the videos clearly show Bourque. The one video from inside the house only shows the cop going down. The shooter is out of view to the right (I think). The pictures DO show him, but is that enough?

But watch out for the gun law rhetoric more surveillance. This tragedy won't be wasted, it will be used in a very political way.

Well I never saw the video, so I can not comment on something I have not seen. As well, perhaps the video shows that he was acting in self defence?

Look at that cop that was charged with murder in Toronto for shooting a kid on the streetcar, he still is innocent till proven guilty by a court.

Funny how everyone forgets about the innocent people who were killed by police when a police is shot by a civilian!

WWWTT

He had shot her in the head from a distance while she sat in her car....with a high powered rifle, then walk up to the car and finished her off at close range less than 4 feet .....She never had a chance...self defence my ass...

Yes we have the right to self defense within reason. Most situations that involve police officers they give you plenty of time to make that chioce to surrender.....other in the movies when would a police officer just pull his wpn and start shooting....

As for the toronto shooting you or for that matter the rest of us where not there we do not know what that officer weas thinking at the time....have you've been in that situation, i doubt it, and yet you still judge him.....

Cops are not infallible, and tradgic mistakes happen all the time, if you think you can do it better, i'll send you a link to the RCMP recruiting dept.....not so funney now is it.

WWT I am not sure what got in to your mind to use this incident to try rationalize it in any way as understandable linking it to your own preconceived bias against police because you think police are brutal.

What I will say is for the police to be able to arrest this man without incident is a miracle. In the vast majority of such cases the perpetrator engages in a final episode of violence. This is a very unusual situation actually where an indiscriminate cop killer won't resist being arrested.

His distancing himself from his guns before being arrested would appear to indicate he was not detached from reality and as engaging in premeditated thoughts of a rational nature and that may be a crucial factor because it may prevent him from a defence from being convicted because at the time of the crime he had no idea what he was doing.

It seems to now take away his ability to argue that. from a psychiatric perspective.

In fact he seems to have acted in a very cold blooded and controlled manner clearly differentiating police from everyone else in his rampage. This would suggest also suggest he may have personality disorder but probably not the kind of condition that could be used to plea he did not know what he is doing.

In any event its a miracle no one else was killed and its a testament to the fact our police are not all brutal that they took him in after what he did without incident. Kudos to that swat team.

Edited by Rue

WWWTT

He murdered three cops and wounded two more yet they still took him alive. WTF is the matter with you?

He had shot her in the head from a distance while she sat in her car....with a high powered rifle, then walk up to the car and finished her off at close range less than 4 feet .....She never had a chance...self defence my ass...

Yes we have the right to self defense within reason. Most situations that involve police officers they give you plenty of time to make that chioce to surrender.....other in the movies when would a police officer just pull his wpn and start shooting....

As for the toronto shooting you or for that matter the rest of us where not there we do not know what that officer weas thinking at the time....have you've been in that situation, i doubt it, and yet you still judge him.....

Cops are not infallible, and tradgic mistakes happen all the time, if you think you can do it better, i'll send you a link to the RCMP recruiting dept.....not so funney now is it.

Like I had written in my comment, that cop that is charged with murder in the streetcar/kid murder is innocent till proven guilty!

Same rules apply to ALL CANADIANS BUDDY!

If you can't get it, then you will never have much luck with being in a position of authority when the heat is on.

WWWTT

He murdered three cops and wounded two more yet they still took him alive. WTF is the matter with you?

Sounds like you got the real problem here buddy.

What is it that you don't understand about the Canadian charter of rights and freedoms????

Are you illiterate?

Section 11(d) clearly says:

to be presumed innocent until proven guilty according to law in a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal

Do you believe that someone in Canada is less equal and the charter does not apply to?

If he is found guilty in a court of law, then that's that!

There is a process that must go through in Canada, let the system do it's job.

WWWTT

Almost forgot.

Sounds like you have amnesia about the RCMP breaking and entering homes and seizing fire arms during the Alberta floods last year.

Ya, the cops, they never do bad things. Those guys are like freekin angels with halos on their heads.

:rolleyes:

WWWTT

Almost forgot.

Sounds like you have amnesia about the RCMP breaking and entering homes and seizing fire arms during the Alberta floods last year.

Ya, the cops, they never do bad things. Those guys are like freekin angels with halos on their heads.

:rolleyes:

WWWTT

No one disputes that occassionally a police officer crosses the line but for you they can do nothing right. From the looks of it this guy was captured unharmed but even that isn't good enough for you. Any rational discussion with you on this subject is pointless.

Something the rest of us would like to know. Completely idiotic statements for the most part.

No one is denying this guy his day in court, but one poster seems to think he has knowledge of defence actions or some such idiocy.

As for his sentence when handed down.....life. Doubt very much he gets any consideration for NCR

Doubt very much he gets any consideration for NCR

it will be consider just as it is for everyone else. The thing is this: not everyone who kills is insane. There are people who legitimately have mental illnesses that do the sorts if things, but the vast majority of those with these illnesses are harmless. We don't know if he was sick yet. That will be determined. If he is, I hope he gets the help that he needs.

No one disputes that occassionally a police officer crosses the line but for you they can do nothing right. From the looks of it this guy was captured unharmed but even that isn't good enough for you. Any rational discussion with you on this subject is pointless.

I was hoping this guy was captured/surrendered!

Now this can go to trial!

WWWTT

WWWTT, you should probably stop now. The things you are saying are tactless at best.

Stop what? Debating? Stop reminding everyone that the Charter of Rights and Freedoms apply to all it's citizens?

Sounds like you given up debating!

WWWTT

That's OK...the Canadian version of criminal justice will protect this guy far more than any victim.

It's not the job of the justice system to protect victims.

That's why we have police, military, medics and governments.

WWWTT