Blue Jay Baseball Players Wearing Camouflage?

As long as you qualify that with ALL and not make it seem like we, as Canadians, are above this. Canadian teams frequently do things to "honour" the troops. Lupe's Troops by the Leafs comes to mind.

I get the sense that more people are rankled by a Canadian team recognizing an American holiday than a Canadian team supporting the troops by wearing Camo.

That can be part of it. I don't see the reverse happening at a baseball game taking place in the US. It's still a political statement. And a nice way to get large exposure because of the popularity of baseball. Most will look, OH CAMMO HATS, then carry on paying attention to the game.

Let the US celebrate US things. Let us celebrate Canadian things.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think a Canadian team should be celebrating an American holiday if the reverse doesn't happen. It's rather unseemly and myopic of the league and/or the team.

I notice in the bottom photo that Booth couldn't even score when the goalie wasn't looking....

I don't think a Canadian team should be celebrating an American holiday if the reverse doesn't happen. It's rather unseemly and myopic of the league and/or the team.

I notice in the bottom photo that Booth couldn't even score when the goalie wasn't looking....

I agree, but I know my Canadian holidays. Most Americans don't.

Military camouflage style sports uniforms are a political statement and have no place in organized sports.

Organized sports are a business and good politics makes money for business right ? If you don't like that they are doing this, then you can choose not to purchase the product but I have no doubt they have already computed that into their strategy.

Organized sports are a business and good politics makes money for business right ? If you don't like that they are doing this, then you can choose not to purchase the product but I have no doubt they have already computed that into their strategy.

True, I do not follow any sports. And when I am asked 'what team?' I say, I don't follow the sport, people look at me like I got two heads. Mainly when it comes to hockey. How un-Canadian of me.

So what is the statement? Support the troops?

Yep. As I highlighted multiple times in this thread, Canadian teams do it all the time. People oppose this because they did it on a US holiday. Who give a bleep? The schedule makers had a US team in Canada, and they would be wearing the fatigue uni's, so what if the Jays did the same. Using a Canadian type of camoflage was actually a nice touch.

BTW the Jays need some Camo because of their recent performance so I don't have to watch them play.

ok

But it was to honour our CDN men and women

I didn't say they shouldn't honour Canadian soldiers. I said they shouldn't be celebrating American holidays without doing the same for Canadian holidays.

The issue is, support the troops, support the troops, support the troops, over and over again until everyone has it firmly fixed in their heads that we absolutely have to support the troops. And therein lies the accomplishment of supporting any and all activities the 'troops' partake of.

That's a real problem in my opinion. Let's call it like it is and only support that which should be supported. To even object to the wearing of camouflage items of clothing has been stigmatized by the propagandists as being unloyal and perhaps even subversive or traitorous to one's country. Criticism and objecting to it is what is required.

What other method can we use to prevent the warring mentalities of the hawks from completely taking over our societies with their evil? Camaoflage wearing on a sports field is the glamourization of war.

The issue is, support the troops, support the troops, support the troops, over and over again until everyone has it firmly fixed in their heads that we absolutely have to support the troops. And therein lies the accomplishment of supporting any and all activities the 'troops' partake of.

Are you one that would have been spitting at and cursing at the troops on return from Vietnam?

Ladies and Gentelmen, your Toronto Blue Jays.

Now, this is the team we have all become accustomed to for the last 20+ years.

Again their pitching hasn't been horrible. Stroman pitched very well on Saturday. Right now their lineup is full of Call-ups. Who the Hell is this Italian guy? You can tell they really miss Bautista.

When they hit, they win.

Edited by Boges

I urge ypou to check their pitching stats, I guess you did not believe it when I did it last week.

Their team ERA is horrible.

Their bullpen is unreliable. Loup, Delabr, Jenkins, Santos and whats his name Rasmussen- they've all floundered.

Buehrle is exposed, somehting he himself said was overdue. You cannot dominate long with an 85 mph fastball unless your name is Greg Maddox. He is not Greg Maddox

Dickey is average on his best days and gets hit very hard. Withouit massive run suppoort earlier this season, his record would be similar to all his time in TO: well below average. Not only that, they have to carry a subpar catcher on the roster to cater to his needs.

Hutchison: blah.

Happ: average on his best days.

Stroman: feast of famine, too early to tell.

Minor leaguers or relivers ready to start games: none.

They won early because they hit at an unsustaninbable rate, and oh by the way their losing ways began when they had everybody in the lineup.

They need pitching bad to make the playoffs.

Baltimore has yet to have any kind of winnig streak, but they will soon.

And Boston will pour it onj ay some point.

They need pitching, now.