Seven things I've learned from FOX news.

Argus

It's available because of pop. density south of the border. And because they are hoping we are dumbed down enough to log on. So far it hasn't worked. BTW, isn't jerry springer on now for you boys?

Springer has a different show now....completely off topic. So you don't have a good answer for why Fox News Channel would be so widely available from Canadian cable television providers...in many markets from coast to coast. Why would so many Canadians be watching Fox News ?

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Springer has a different show now....completely off topic. So you don't have a good answer for why Fox News Channel would be so widely available from Canadian cable television providers...in many markets from coast to coast. Why would so many Canadians be watching Fox News ?

Springer is an American show. It's sick, and we have nothing quite so sick up here. Fox being available doesn't mean it's watched. Although I wouldn't hide that we have our share of morons up here I suppose.

Springer is an American show. It's sick, and we have nothing quite so sick up here. Fox being available doesn't mean it's watched. Although I wouldn't hide that we have our share of morons up here I suppose.

You are dodging the main point here...why would the "much hated" Fox News Channel be carried by so many Canadian cable providers ? While it is much harder to find the CBC on American cable systems.

You are dodging the main point here...why would the "much hated" Fox News Channel be carried by so many Canadian cable providers ? While it is much harder to find the CBC on American cable systems.

I don't hate fox news, I just dismiss it. It has an obvious agenda and I am not that easily led. Criticize cbc as you like, bu tif you want to be taken seriously for those criticisms, check out the structure first of all, and then watch, or listen to it. They have radio as well and since you are online you can get that anywhere you are. And if you wish to wade into the waters of unbiased political reportage, I suggest you podcast the most recent session of a cbc radio program called "The House" on cbc.ca/thehouse

I don't hate fox news, I just dismiss it.

I am well aware of the CBC's radio and television broadcast history, complete with panic over so much American competition and content. This website actually has a decent summary of the CBC's government purpose and history.

It is apparent that you really have no explanation for why so many Canadian cable providers carry Fox News Channel.

I am well aware of the CBC's radio and television broadcast history, complete with panic over so much American competition and content. This website actually has a decent summary of the CBC's government purpose and history.

It is apparent that you really have no explanation for why so many Canadian cable providers carry Fox News Channel.

You are absolutely right there.

You are absolutely right there.

So despite so much criticism of Fox News Channel from some Canadians, we find that it is offered coast-to-coast on Canadian cable television systems. No government funding...no government control...no government purpose.

"Free market" choice. Amazing.

Advantage Fox News.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

So despite so much criticism of Fox News Channel from some Canadians, we find that it is offered coast-to-coast on Canadian cable television systems. No government funding...no government control...no government purpose.

"Free market" choice. Amazing.

Advantage Fox News.

I did watch a fair amount of fnc, when I had no choice, and boy, did it make me appreciate the value of choice.

I did watch a fair amount of fnc, when I had no choice, and boy, did it make me appreciate the value of choice.

But you did have a choice....the Americans didn't make you sign the contract. You chose.....

That Fox News Channel is more widely available around the world than the CBC shows the limitations of government financing and control.

But you did have a choice....the Americans didn't make you sign the contract. You chose.....

That Fox News Channel is more widely available around the world than the CBC shows the limitations of government financing and control.

Here is something for you to ponder. The CBC, because it's beholden to none other than the taxpayers of Canada, is held to account by the taxpayers of Canada. And also because of that same concept, has a history, that many Canadians ,besides me, will speak to of how it has helped to hold us together by bringing people to a microphone from Inuvik to St. Johns. FNC just tears you guys apart.

....that many Canadians ,besides me, will speak to of how it has helped to hold us together by bringing people to a microphone from Inuvik to St. Johns. FNC just tears you guys apart.

Whatever works for you and those Canadians, so weak the bond must be to begin with to require such a thing. Fox News Channel unites a certain segment of the American body politic as well, but it ain't paid for or controlled by the government. Still no explanation for why Fox News Channel is widely available from Canadian cable television providers.

Whatever works for you and those Canadians, so weak the bond must be to begin with to require such a thing. Fox News Channel unites a certain segment of the American body politic as well, but it ain't paid for or controlled by the government. Still no explanation for why Fox News Channel is widely available from Canadian cable television providers.

CBC is controlled by the taxpayer. I'm not going to say it anymore. Therefore, we have at least a chance at balanced reporting. FNC is totally controlled by "Acme" corp and you boys eat that crap as fast as they can feed it to you. It's available because you boys pay to make it available, you just don't know you do. So you are getting screwed two ways. SAD, but obvious.

CBC is controlled by the taxpayer. I'm not going to say it anymore. Therefore, we have at least a chance at balanced reporting. FNC is totally controlled by "Acme" corp and you boys eat that crap as fast as they can feed it to you. It's available because you boys pay to make it available, you just don't know you do.

Of course we know how FNC is controlled...it is far better than using taxpayer revenue and a government for lemmings agenda. The same corporations are the ones you beg to invest in Canada for more jobs.

Of course we know how FNC is controlled...it is far better than using taxpayer revenue and a government for lemmings agenda. The same corporations are the ones you beg to invest in Canada for more jobs.

Yes...taxes pay for the CBC...but one doesn't always agree with its politics. That's for sure.

Gosh...I can't think that taxpayers would actually program such drek.

It used to be far better...far, far better. CBC Radio still deserves some respect...but it has also undergone huge amounts of re-engineering that has left large blocks of long time listeners switching to Howard Stern.

It used to be far better...far, far better. CBC Radio still deserves some respect...but it has also undergone huge amounts of re-engineering that has left large blocks of long time listeners switching to Howard Stern.

I think we have already commented that at $1.2 billion per year, the CBC will cost more than the planned life cycle costs of the F-35A. And it has probably costs at least that much in the past. Fox News Channel doesn't cost me a taxpayer dime as far as I know, in fact, it actually pays taxes !

It did used to be far better. It has been gutted to some extent financially by the government, especially Harper's. because they don't like the way they shine a light on what the gov is up to. It's getting a bit dumbed down for sure, sadly because they think they have to cater to the younger population. I was one of those when I first discovered CBC by way of Peter Gzowsky. Been a fan ever since. I have worked all over this country, in all provinces except PEI, and I still want to go there. Wherever I go I take cbc with me, I hope.

It did used to be far better. It has been gutted to some extent financially by the government, especially Harper's. because they don't like the way they shine a light on what the gov is up to. It's getting a bit dumbed down for sure, sadly because they think they have to cater to the younger population. I was one of those when I first discovered CBC by way of Peter Gzowsky. Been a fan ever since. I have worked all over this country, in all provinces except PEI, and I still want to go there. Wherever I go I take cbc with me, I hope.

Peter Gzowski was one of the greats. A giant in Canadian broadcasting. In the glory days, there was never an AM transmitter too far away that CBC couldn't be picked-up on the ol' car radio. Then AM was deemed to sound crappy and every station wanted to be FM stereo...

What is the relationship between Fox News Channel and the CBC in Canada ?

Fox News Canada

Liberals have successfully painted Fox News as being blocked in Canada because of laws against lying, the premise is false. While they don't operate in Canada because of the legal tactics of direct competitor and wholly-owned government entity Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC), Fox News does broadcast their channel by selling programs to Canadian third party independent media firms like Bell, Rogers and 20 other companies.

I think we have already commented that at $1.2 billion per year, the CBC will cost more than the planned life cycle costs of the F-35A. And it has probably costs at least that much in the past. Fox News Channel doesn't cost me a taxpayer dime as far as I know, in fact, it actually pays taxes !

CBC doesn't cost YOU any taxes either bush-cheney. Butt out.

What is the relationship between Fox News Channel and the CBC in Canada ?

Fox News Canada

Liberals have successfully painted Fox News as being blocked in Canada because of laws against lying, the premise is false. While they don't operate in Canada because of the legal tactics of direct competitor and wholly-owned government entity Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC), Fox News does broadcast their channel by selling programs to Canadian third party independent media firms like Bell, Rogers and 20 other companies.

We're a sea of pawn shop shows and hillbillies wrestling gators. But who doesn't like Rick and the Old Man?

:lol:

PawnStars.jpg

Get back to work!