Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson's comments.

WWWTT

A& E are smart enought to know the cash cow that is DD. They tried (or perhaps stunted) to assuage their irate viewers....all 42 of 'em.

Now, A&E also resigned the boys and locked them in. A&E earn $80M a year on the TV and $400M in merch.(sales or profit I do not know-suspect it is sales)

Do the math boys, do the math .

Shady's post is full of someone who hasnt the faintest clue how contracts work. They refuse to work or honour the contract, then they cannot go anywhere. They dont go anywhere then they dont make any of the monies stipulated in the contract.

Waiting a year or two or three only means they have delayed the contractual obligations for another year or two or three. By that time someone else bigger dumber and funnier will have come down the pike.

Witnes the NHL star... I think it was the Ottawa Sen player from eons ago, he walked, his contract gets put on hold, he thought it would just expire after sometime elapsed. Nope, still valid, just suspended. He was still property of the original team.

It aint rocket science.

And yeah they were wealthy before, thanks captain obvious, of course no one was saying anything different. But its likely they cannot afford the penalties to get out of it. They may not be that rich.

:rolleyes:

Once again, you don't know the details of the contract.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAH 'reality tv'. People still watch that scripted contrived garbage?

It's still a guilty pleasure for me. Duck Dynasty, Shipping Wars, and especially Pawn Stars. Loved it when they had a 16th century samurai sword come into the shop.

It's still a guilty pleasure for me. Duck Dynasty, Shipping Wars, and especially Pawn Stars. Loved it when they had a 16th century samurai sword come into the shop.

Just don't ever buy into the notion that this is unscripted reality TV. So this controversy with this Duck, most likely is all scripted and manufactured as well. Think of it as viral marketing ploy because people love idiotic controversies like that from irrelevant people on mindless 'reality' TV.

I'm not so sure this magazine interview was a scripted or manufactured event by Robertson. The way I see it, reporters, journalists and those interviewing people are looking to get a noteworthy interview. The easiest way to do that is to get the subject to say something controversial, which increases magazine/media revenues. Therefore for someone like Robertson, a known conservative christian hick from the south who's on record as supporting a traditional way of life and family, any interviewer is going to press him on gays, blacks, capital punishment, abortion, kkk, or anything else they can think of which may garner a response they can sell.

They won't ask him about how he serves in his church, or how his marriage has been successful, or what non profit organizations he's donated his time for. Generally speaking, these kinds of topics won't interest their segment of the market or sell magazines, unless there is something racy they uncover there.

Robertson strikes me as a straight shooter, he's not going to hide his views so much. And as mentioned earlier, his views are fairly mainstream for southern conservatives. No doubt he has media organizations lining up to interview him.

Edited by sharkman

Once again, you don't know the details of the contract.

Shady, stick to teeter totter will ya?

It certainly didnt preclude you from putting in figures.

Contracts are pretty much standard in their configuration . They will always include clauses for outs, for poor behaviour etc etc.

Like I said, the DD clan probably cannot afford to walk away.

Shady, stick to teeter totter will ya?

It certainly didnt preclude you from putting in figures.

Contracts are pretty much standard in their configuration . They will always include clauses for outs, for poor behaviour etc etc.

Like I said, the DD clan probably cannot afford to walk away.

We can agree to disagree.