Should Stephen Harper resign?

Topaz

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The government's official position is that the settlements are illegal - it's right there on the website. Harper has directed reporters to that website. Netanyahu has said publicly on more than one occasion that he and Harper disagree on settlements. Everyone in Israel knows this. So no, he certainly did not "vacate" this policy - he told everyone in the Knesset for Heaven's sake.

No, he didn't. At least not in the speech nor later in the press conference I saw. But you are right in that at least Netanyahu was forthright enough to at least acknowledge the issue.

Jacee - will you now stop repeating your fictitious $3.1 billion "theft"? Probably not.

Not until they tell us where the $3.1b really went.

One opinion piece by John Ivison is proof of nothing, and it didn't tell us any real facts at all.

'We gave it to the Ministry of xyx' means nothing.

Harper gave Minister Tony Clement $8m for 'border security', and he paid off Muskoka Mayors for votes ... with pretty gazebos and such.

Oink oink!

One opinion piece by John Ivison is proof of nothing, and it didn't tell us any real facts at all.

'We gave it to the Ministry of xyx' means nothing.

Harper gave Minister Tony Clement $8m for 'border security', and he paid off Muskoka Mayors for votes ... with pretty gazebos and such.

Oink oink!

Yes and have you checked where Tony "Mr. Gazebo" Clement is now. Why he is in charge of the treasury board don't you know. I wonder how come we haven't heard anything further about our 3.1?

Obviously you didn't read the article - nor do you believe the Auditor General......nor do acknowledge that the opposition parties quickly dropped the issue......nor do you accept that most of the accounting mistakes occurred from 2000 to 2006 - when the Liberals were in power. Jacee - it's OK to be ultra partisan but you lose an awful lot of credibility when you continue to flog old stories which have been proven to have no merit whatsoever. I would think you'd have no trouble finding real ammunition to pepper the Conservatives without making stuff up. Do your homework - or at least be honest!

If Stephen Harper didn't already have enough reasons to resign, this horrorshow that occurred today with the veterans will surely help to pave the cons way back into oblivion. If you happen to enjoy watching Harper scurry into the nearest shadow I would try to tune into QP tomorrow. Mulcair will have a field day with this.

I don't think Harper is going to resign anytime soon and anyone who thinks so is a fool. Why would he resign? I am one of Harper's biggest critics and his values certainly don't represent me or my family. However, he is the PM and as such, that post should be respected. There is a process in place where he will be bounced from office in 2015 but until then, let's respect this imbecile.

I don't think Harper is going to resign anytime soon and anyone who thinks so is a fool. Why would he resign? I am one of Harper's biggest critics and his values certainly don't represent me or my family. However, he is the PM and as such, that post should be respected. There is a process in place where he will be bounced from office in 2015 but until then, let's respect this imbecile.

Firstly I didn't call him an imbecile, and secondly I fully respect his right to fulfill the mandate that he was given by the electorate. I do not like the direction he is taking this country, and why he would resign is because he has brought the ratings so very low for his party. To be honest I am happy he is staying on as is his right so they are assured of defeat come next election.

I wasn't insinuating you called him an embecile and my response was directed to the thread in general not to you specifically. A man like him likes power so I just don't see him resigning for the good of his party. And yes, I believe they will be defeated as well.

If Stephen Harper didn't already have enough reasons to resign, this horrorshow that occurred today with the veterans will surely help to pave the cons way back into oblivion. If you happen to enjoy watching Harper scurry into the nearest shadow I would try to tune into QP tomorrow. Mulcair will have a field day with this.

Thsi vetern thing is getting over blown, I see that the vet protest was put toigterh by rthge PS union, and they know how to exploits stuff better then anybody. And the vets that aRe saying they are going to get every soldier and vet to vote against the government, better be carefull what they wish for. If it was'nt for harper more of these vets would have come home in a bag. Harper has done more for the military then any other PM.

I wasn't insinuating you called him an embecile and my response was directed to the thread in general not to you specifically. A man like him likes power so I just don't see him resigning for the good of his party. And yes, I believe they will be defeated as well.

And let me guess you are voting for justin??????

Well, I will vote for the best person who will represent my riding and I doubt that would be Justin. I live in BC. As far as the current government

I do have issues with the Harper Government, especially on women's issues where we have lost ground:

According to Barbara Byers, Executive Vice President of the Labour Congress, Women's rights in Canada have been pushed back and the push is still on. Women have lost ground in workplace opportunities and pay equity. There is a lack of a national childcare program, and a lack of shelters for women facing violence.

According to the inter-parliamentary-union, Canada barely makes it in the top 40 countries and a parliamentary participation rate of just under 25% of women which is far behind Nordic countries. The Nordic countries will not accept women participation less than 40% while in Canada we celebrate 25%!

And I haven't even mentioned Harpers track record on aboriginal women and women of other disability groups.

Well, I will vote for the best person who will represent my riding and I doubt that would be Justin. I live in BC. As far as the current government

I do have issues with the Harper Government, especially on women's issues where we have lost ground:

According to Barbara Byers, Executive Vice President of the Labour Congress, Women's rights in Canada have been pushed back and the push is still on. Women have lost ground in workplace opportunities and pay equity. There is a lack of a national childcare program, and a lack of shelters for women facing violence.

According to the inter-parliamentary-union, Canada barely makes it in the top 40 countries and a parliamentary participation rate of just under 25% of women which is far behind Nordic countries. The Nordic countries will not accept women participation less than 40% while in Canada we celebrate 25%!

And I haven't even mentioned Harpers track record on aboriginal women and women of other disability groups.

Everybody is a victim now and no matter what a government does ,is not enough. Women are doing well in this country and this is another thing blown out of porportion. SAo you wnat women hired no matter whta even if they are not the best pick?? Like the language thing, where we have people hired because of language and nothing to do with the job. No wonder the government has had so many problems getting things done. So it makes me wonder with all these ''problems'' the same one when chretien was in power, I have to ask what the hell did chretien do for 13 yrs. Edited by PIK

PIK, before blaming the unions as the Tories are stop and think about the vets. Some of therm would have to travel 5 hours to the closest centre and at age 80+ going down 401, in Ontario, in the wintertime, like this winter would be too much for them. To think, that a government would make these cuts to make themselves look good for the next election, is way more a disgrace than ANY other government could do. The vets are sacred cows, so to speak, and governments don't do the things they do and get away with it from the public. The vets that went to Ottawa, are Conservative supporters, well they WERE, they voting against them so the Conservative could ended up like Mulroney's bunch and have 2 Mps standing after the election.

And the vets that aRe saying they are going to get every soldier and vet to vote against the government, better be carefull what they wish for. If it was'nt for harper more of these vets would have come home in a bag. Harper has done more for the military then any other PM.

Like what?