Justin Trudeau & Red China

Guest Derek L

Guest Derek L
Now I know the moderators have moved a prior topic along these lines to the media section (and locked it), but I actually fail to see why this should be shunted to the media section (No more than Duffy or Ford I should think) since Trudeau is the leader of the Federal Liberals.
So, if you haven’t heard of Trudeau’s latest gaffe:

Liberal leader Justin Trudeau is facing criticism for confiding an apparent admiration for China’s dictatorial tendencies during a “ladies-night” themed fundraiser held in Toronto on Thursday.

During the event, which itself was widely criticized for sexist and patronizing undertones, an audience member asked Mr. Trudeau which nation’s “administration he most admired.”

The party leader responded: “There is a level of admiration I actually have for China because their basic dictatorship is allowing them to actually turn their economy around on a dime and say we need to go green, we need to start, you know, investing in solar. There is a flexibility that I know Stephen Harper must dream about: having a dictatorship where you can do whatever you wanted, that I find quite interesting.”

My goodness, could you imagine if Prime Minister Harper said he admired the Taliban for their staunch adherence to social issues or Mulcair envying the Assad regimes handling of illegal immigration…….That’s just crazy.
Anyways, I think these recent comments will lead to several things:
1. The next CPC political add
2. The resurgence, coupled with Mulcair’s line of questioning in QP on the Senate scandal, of the Federal NDP back into second spot behind the CPC
3. The Blue Liberals and Red Tories that have recently left the Federal Conservatives for the Trudeau led Liberals to return back to the CPC, not only for this reason of course, but what reasonable centrist person could support the inexperience and the level of intelligence of Justin Trudeau?
With the polling over the last couple of months I honestly thought the Trudeau Liberals would supersede the Federal NDP and become the next official opposition in 2015, but with the recent revelations on the part of Trudeau, coupled with other harebrained statements over the last couple of months, once the Trudeau Liberals start actually speaking of actual policy, they’re doomed and I feel (and granted two years till the next election is a long time) they’ll be lucky not to loose seats.
At what point will Federal Liberals start admitting the coronation of Trudeau was a mistake and they should have went with a more capable leader like a Findlay…….or a John Manley……..or a Frank McKenna…..or a Scott Brison etc?
Edited by Derek L

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At what point will Federal Liberals start admitting the coronation of Trudeau was a mistake and they should have went with a more capable leader like a Findlay…….or a John Manley……..or a Frank McKenna…..or a Scott Brison etc?

I think some were thinking it was a mistake at the beginning, and others will realize it when he loses the next election and leaves the Liberal brand in ruins.

As the 'middle party', the Liberals have a great opportunity to pick and choose the best options from the right and left and ride the happy Canadian middle to election victory. What has happened is that they have found it easier to manage a middle class message and win elections via advertising and brand marketing.

They talked about his on "Power and Politics" and one reporter said it was a joke about Harper, China and dictatorship but one had to be there when he said as to the tone he said in. This won't be the last topic on Justin as long as he is in the lead in the polls, both, the NDP and Tories will go after him and anything and everything he says or does but that's politics but let see who gets really nasty.

Guest Derek L

I think some were thinking it was a mistake at the beginning, and others will realize it when he loses the next election and leaves the Liberal brand in ruins.

As I’ve stated numerous times, I’m an unabashed, biased federal Conservative, as such, I didn’t pay that much attention to the Liberals leadership campaign other than snippets from the media. I thought the supporters of the Federal Liberals actually saw something, other than the name, in Justin Trudeau.
I see my assumption was clearly wrong.
As the 'middle party', the Liberals have a great opportunity to pick and choose the best options from the right and left and ride the happy Canadian middle to election victory. What has happened is that they have found it easier to manage a middle class message and win elections via advertising and brand marketing.
I think this mistake on the part of the Liberals (and prior to 2011) has been capitalized upon by the Federal Conservatives during the last election and in turn, will once again be sought by them (And I feel this will lead to another, larger majority). The real question, can Mulcair further navigate the NDP into the center and capitalize upon the Federal Liberal's mistake?
Next up, I fully expect Trudeau to liken his stance on a carbon tax to his admiration for the late King George III’s methods of taxation….

Guest Derek L

They talked about his on "Power and Politics" and one reporter said it was a joke about Harper, China and dictatorship but one had to be there when he said as to the tone he said in. This won't be the last topic on Justin as long as he is in the lead in the polls, both, the NDP and Tories will go after him and anything and everything he says or does but that's politics but let see who gets really nasty.

You can follow this link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/11/08/trudeau-china-dictatorship-answer_n_4241777.html

And see the Trudeau response on video via the news clip.

That’s just crazy.

:lol: it was clearly a direct dig at Harper... quite interesting that the usual partisan hacks would so purposely ignore the salient part of the quote. The full Q/A exchange:

Q. Which country’s government does the “future prime minister” most admire?

A. You know, there’s a level of of admiration I actually have for China because their basic dictatorship is allowing them to actually turn their economy around on a dime and say ‘we need to go green fastest…we need to start investing in solar.’ I mean there is a flexibility that I know Stephen Harper must dream about of having a dictatorship that he can do everything he wanted that I find quite interesting.

But if I were to reach out and say which…which kind of administration I most admire, I think there’s something to be said right here in Canada for the way our territories are run. Nunavut, Northwest Territories, and the Yukon are done without political parties around consensus. And are much more like a municipal government. And I think there’s a lot to be said for people pulling together to try and solve issues rather than to score points off of each other. And I think we need a little more of that.

clearly, the OP's purposeful agenda is laid bare! I mean, really, c'mon... what's Harper doing setting up trade with the Chinese, allowing Chinese companies/state to purchase controlling interest in Canadian resource developments... why does Harper admire the Chinese so much!!! :lol:

Guest Derek L

:lol: it was clearly a direct dig at Harper... quite interesting that the usual partisan hacks would so purposely ignore the salient part of the quote. The full Q/A exchange:

But if I were to reach out and say which…which kind of administration I most admire, I think there’s something to be said right here in Canada for the way our territories are run. Nunavut, Northwest Territories, and the Yukon are done without political parties around consensus. And are much more like a municipal government. And I think there’s a lot to be said for people pulling together to try and solve issues rather than to score points off of each other. And I think we need a little more of that.

Here's a link to the Yukon Liberals:

http://www.ylp.ca/

Funny enough, on a political site of a party that Trudeau says doesn't exist, Trudeau is a cover story.........

But if Justin's intent was just funning the folks, I suppose this speaks to his prowess in his chosen field, the teaching of Dramatics :lol:

Edited by Derek L

... the teaching of Dramatics :lol:

yes, clearly... the Arts have no place in your survivalist-militia world! :lol:

Exactly…….makes no sense. I think though that many of these “collective views” are fostered among 20 something’s that are half way through an Arts degree in French Literature or 20th century Women Studies…….Thankfully most later mature and enter the real world.

wow! An Arts slam doubled down with a Women's Studies hit... well done! Where do Philosophy, Sociology, Psychology, Modern Languages, History, Communications & Media... fit within your personal maturity meter rankings?

Guest Derek L

I remember watching an episode of Rick Mercer from a few years ago. What stood out most to me was the CCCP jacket Justin had in this closet. It seems as though the Chinese dictatorship isn't the only one he admires.

I never saw that episode........I'd have half expected such remarks from the far back corner, of the back benches of the NDP, but the leader of the Federal Liberals. Shocked.

I never saw that episode........I'd have half expected such remarks from the far back corner, of the back benches of the NDP, but the leader of the Federal Liberals. Shocked.

Yep, it's going to be fun to watch him try and explain his remarks in a debate.

I'm going to try and find that Mercer video. Perhaps I can be a private blogger that helps take down Justin.

Funny enough, on a political site of a party that Trudeau says doesn't exist, Trudeau is a cover story.........

that is the case for the NWT & Nunavut... and used to be the case for the Yukon. Of course, your quick googly told you that, right? So, Trudeau needs to update/refresh his recall on 'consensus government' in the territories. Meanwhile don't let that prevent you from actually addressing the full intent behind the Q & A quote! That is, if you can rise above Arts Bashing, Anachronistic Labeling, etc.! :lol:

Guest Derek L

Yep, it's going to be fun to watch him try and explain his remarks in a debate.

I'm going to try and find that Mercer video. Perhaps I can be a private blogger that helps take down Justin.

Indeed......And just wait for further policy ideas…….outside the trade of Marijuana.

At least his two predecessors had a semblance of intelligence on delivery.
I'm sure the Trudeau Liberals are just getting warmed up ;)

Guest Derek L

that is the case for the NWT & Nunavut... and used to be the case for the Yukon. Of course, your quick googly told you that, right? So, Trudeau needs to update/refresh his recall on 'consensus government' in the territories. Meanwhile don't let that prevent you from actually addressing the full intent behind the Q & A quote! That is, if you can rise above Arts Bashing, Anachronistic Labeling, etc.! :lol:

And that would be what? His desire to remediate political parties that get in the way of his Chinese Politburo like “aspirations” for Canada?

Guest Derek L

I'm waiting for Justin to now share with us his admiration for Mussolini for getting the trains to run on time.

Of course public transit will be one of their planks...........And I’m sure Trudeau could look no further the Hitler for infrastructure spending and supporting Ontario’s automotive industry:

vw-hitler-porsche4.jpg

And that would be what? His desire to remediate political parties that get in the way of his Chinese Politburo like “aspirations” for Canada?

uhhh no... to you, what's so controversial about the basic (almost 'motherhood and apple-pie' level) statement on consensus building... of, "people pulling together to try and solve issues rather than to score points off of each other". Clearly Harper Conservatives are anything but attempting to reach consensus across party-lines. Obviously, your OP fervor is a reflection on your personal discomfort with even the suggestion of consensus building.

Guest Derek L

uhhh no... to you, what's so controversial about the basic (almost 'motherhood and apple-pie' level) statement on consensus building... of, "people pulling together to try and solve issues rather than to score points off of each other". Clearly Harper Conservatives are anything but attempting to reach consensus across party-lines. Obviously, your OP fervor is a reflection on your personal discomfort with even the suggestion of consensus building.

Consensus building like the Chinese Communists do in Tibet?

tibetanexilejanphelyeshirunsasheisengulf

Or back home?

tank-man-china-web.jpg?w=880

Do you promise the Trudeau Liberals will bring us all together...one way or the other?