Racism or Secularism? Quebec looking to ban all religious garb.

Sure you are...you're temper is famous. You blow your top on occasion which is what amuses me.

I know, which is why I said if I were actually angry, you'd know it.

This post would also seem to suggest you're goading me, which is very troll-y behaviour.

You can keep pretending I'm a troll if that makes you feel better.

So you're a dope, then?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you spent as much time on your arguments as you do pondering my state of mind, we might actually be able to have a discussion. As it is, you're just embarrassing yourself.

15,000+ posts of the Devil's Advocacy.

But look at the bright side. If you can get me banned for good as some members try it will be TOTALLY boring here.

OK...prove your point by burning one in public with media present. Make sure the media gets your real name.

Ok so let me get this straight. Islam will rule the west because of its prophecy and somehow we can rely on the accuracy of this prophecy because some of its followers are literalists?

There something lacking here. Oh yeah that's right, a small little factor like the will of the West! 2% of our population is Muslim. For argument's sake lets say 10% are fundamentalists (I'm being very generous here you know not even the CIA would put the figure that high) you really are afraid of this? You really think 2% of the population is going to take over?

Even at 5-10% with 25% being fundamentalists... do the math. You're suggesting 2.5% of the population will subjugate the rest of us?

And you don't think that's paranoid?

Edited by BC_chick

Like I said before, non-believers think the Bible is nonsense. Thanks for confirming that and also the predictable arrogance that comes from them when the Bible is mentioned as well.

I don't think you know what "arrogance" means.

And I like how you say my response stems from the fact that the Bible was "mentioned," rather than the fact that pre-Muslim Biblical prophecy was floated as possibly referring to an Islamic takeover of Western civilization.

Because, no, I don't take such arguments seriously at all...and no serious person does.

I'd wager that the majority of Christians would not rate this highly as a political argument, either.

Ok so let me get this straight. Islam will rule the west because of its prophecy and somehow we can rely on the accuracy of this prophecy because some of its followers are literalists?

There something lacking here. Oh yeah that's right, a small little factor like the will of the West! 2% of our population is Muslim. For argument's sake lets say 10% are fundamentalists (I'm being very generous here you know not even the CIA would put the figure that high) you really are afraid of this? You really think 2% of the population is going to take over?

Even at 5-10% with 25% being fundamentalists... do the math. You're suggesting 2.5% of the population will subjugate the rest of us?

And you don't think that's paranoid?

Not that I believe the Quran or anything Mohammed wrote but I think DoP indicated this may take a few generations so obviously these percentages and ratios will grow as Christianity and Judaism decline in the West. I for one think radical Islam will continue and grow as a menace in the short and long term both @ home and abroad and there certainly is _risk_ of some forms of Sharia law infiltrating even our own laws if Muslims are put into political and judicial posts of power in the west. The reasons I say this is that Muslims are much more likely to put Allah before country and countrymen/women than any Christian or Jew so it would not surprise me if Islam does play a bigger role in the West as other faiths decline.

Not that I believe the Quran or anything Mohammed wrote but I think DoP indicated this may take a few generations so obviously these percentages and ratios will grow as Christianity and Judaism decline in the West. I for one think radical Islam will continue and grow as a menace in the short and long term both @ home and abroad and there certainly is _risk_ of some forms of Sharia law infiltrating even our own laws if Muslims are put into political and judicial posts of power in the west.

Except we have ample safeguards in place to prevent these types of things occurring.

The reasons I say this is that Muslims are much more likely to put Allah before country and countrymen/women than any Christian or Jew so it would not surprise me if Islam does play a bigger role in the West as other faiths decline.

Cite?

Not that I believe the Quran or anything Mohammed wrote but I think DoP indicated this may take a few generations so obviously these percentages and ratios will grow as Christianity and Judaism decline in the West. I for one think radical Islam will continue and grow as a menace in the short and long term both @ home and abroad and there certainly is _risk_ of some forms of Sharia law infiltrating even our own laws if Muslims are put into political and judicial posts of power in the west. The reasons I say this is that Muslims are much more likely to put Allah before country and countrymen/women than any Christian or Jew so it would not surprise me if Islam does play a bigger role in the West as other faiths decline.

Indeed. All Muslims are "literalists" otherwise they're not Muslims. The Quran is the word of God as dictated to Mohammed by the angel Gabriel after a night flight from Arabia on a winged beast to the 'furthest mosque'. Not up for debate or revision.

Except we have ample safeguards in place to prevent these types of things occurring.

Cite?

Safeguards are only as good as those safeguarding them. In 2-3 generations from now anything can happen so why is it so outlandish for some to think that it can never happen?

Also, Cite what? As soon as you can site the contrary to that statement about Islamic devotion compared to Christian devotion then we'll have a discussion. Muslims are indeed more literalistic, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. Burn a copy of the Bible today and video tape it, and post it on Youtube and then do that to the Quran and then come back and we'll talk..

Safeguards are only as good as those safeguarding them. In 2-3 generations from now anything can happen so why is it so outlandish for some to think that it can never happen?

Also, Cite what? As soon as you can site the contrary to that statement about Islamic devotion compared to Christian devotion then we'll have a discussion. Muslims are indeed more literalistic, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. Burn a copy of the Bible today and video tape it, and post it on Youtube and then do that to the Quran and then come back and we'll talk..

Apparently, it has gotten to the point with Pat Condell that he can no longer afford the physical protection needed to keep-on making his various YouTube videos. Even though he kicks every religion in the groin at some point...guess which one wants to 'physically' take offense?

Edited by DogOnPorch