Racism or Secularism? Quebec looking to ban all religious garb.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No formal restrictions sure. But plenty of barriers. I know you know this (having already used a similar argument yourself in this thread viz the U.S. presidency) and are just being obtuse here.

What a load of doo-doo. We're talking about Canada. So what exactly ARE these barriers to ANYONE getting elected in Canada?

Prove it. After all, Canada's Muslim population has increased, so surely there must be some data out there showing these types of crimes have also increased. Easy peasy.

(Of course, past performance is not an indicator of future results.)

More cars on the road = more car crashes.

Dumb the first time. Dumb the "umpth" time.

The Quran isn't dumb.

Harry Potter books say magic is real.

Lots of Harry Potter churches in your hood? The Quran is the word of God. Belittling the Quran in my presence does nothing to change the reality of what it says.

Yes, there a symbols of unity but when it comes to real power, there is no united Islamic power.

(besides even IF there was a united Islamic power, how much world power would it control?)

One could easily add the word "yet" to your first sentence above. Many students of the Bible will tell you that it is prophesied in Daniel 11 that some Isalamic nations south of Jerusalem will form an alliance of Arab nations (King of the South) that would, for a period of time form a pact (trade perhaps?) with the king of the north (Europe). If this does occur and Europe becomes the power it is prophesied to become, that would indeed give them a lot of power. Of course for a non-believer the Bible is all nonsense. Believer or not, it still does not make it impossible to be true..

Edited by roy baty

What a load of doo-doo. We're talking about Canada. So what exactly ARE these barriers to ANYONE getting elected in Canada?

Asked and answered, but one more time: wealth, connections, "electability" to name a few.

It's curious that you'd cling to this belief when you acknowledged the existence of such informal barriers elsewhere in the thread. (example: "Not to mention, if one wants to be President, God better be a factor in your life!" Strange statement given the only requirements to be President are that one need be born in the U.S.A, be older than 35 and length of residency in the U.S.A. Nothing in there about God.)

You are now quite literally arguing with yourself.

More cars on the road = more car crashes.

You're making this way too easy for me.

Per StatsCan:

Deaths resulting from motor vehicle accidents declined from 25 deaths per 100,000 population in 1979 to 9 deaths per 100,000 population in 2004.

Are there more cars on the road now or fewer than in 1979?

How about toatal collisions?

1991: 170,693

2010: 123,141 (eighth straight year of decline)

Are there more cars on the road now or fewer than in 1991?

The Quran isn't dumb.

I wasn't talking about the book.

Edited by Black Dog

Again...for the umpth time...the Quran...the very word of God...states Islam's dominance. Not me or individual Muslims.

Oh, sweet Godzilla on His Throne....

The Quran is not going to come over, and in a huge flap of pages, crush the West.

Only individual Muslims could do that. The book is helpless and useless without them.

And yet, as I pointed out (and as you didn't, and can't, rebut), not nearly enough Muslims have the interest to do so.

So unless you think the fairy tale of Allah is a real and angry dude....there's no major issue here.

The Quran isn't dumb.

It is literally dumb. It has no innate power.

Edited by bleeding heart

One could easily add the word "yet" to your first sentence above. Many students of the Bible will tell you that it is prophesied in Daniel 11 that some Isalamic nations south of Jerusalem will form an alliance of Arab nations (King of the South) that would, for a period of time form a pact (trade perhaps?) with the king of the north (Europe). If this does occur and Europe becomes the power it is prophesied to become, that would indeed give them a lot of power. Of course for a non-believer the Bible is all nonsense. Believer or not, it still does not make it impossible to be true..

biblical Prophecy is only potentially true as are an infinite number of things, many of them just as likely (and unlikely) and thus not the sort of thing that most people waste their time trying to convince non-beleivers on the internet.

Seriously, if you're going to invoke Biblical Prophecy, you're declaring a certain, intentional end to serious discussion.

Insults are ALL you have.

Was I insulting you when I found you contradicting yourself repeatedly? Was I insulting you when I demonstrated your feeble grasp of statistics? Was I insulting you when I pointed out the huge, glaringly obvious holes in your belief that "Islam will dominate* because it says so?" If so, then I guess I'm guilty as charged. But I think any reasonable person following this thread would agree that I've provided much much more than insults. Indeed, far more than you deserve based on your contributions to this thread/board.

Finally, and best of all: I wasn't even insulting you, but rather, your "Islam will dominate* because it says so" argument. Trust me: when I insult you, you'll know it.

*whatever that means

Edited by Black Dog

Oh, sweet Godzilla on His Throne....

The Quran is not going to come over, and in a huge flap of pages, crush the West.

Only individual Muslims could do that. The book is helpless and useless without them.

And yet, as I pointed out (and as you didn't, and can't, rebut), not nearly enough Muslims have the interest to do so.

So unless you think the fairy tale of Allah is a real and angry dude....there's no major issue here.

It is literally dumb. It has no innate power.

So you're response to what is stated in the Quran is that it's dumb? Perhaps you should burn one in public to prove your point.

So you're response to what is stated in the Quran is that it's dumb? Perhaps you should burn one in public to prove your point.

No...my response is that a book called the Quran is an object, so is literally dumb.

This was in context of your ill-thought-out contention that it doesn't matter if Muslims are determined to dominate...because a magical book will dominate Canada and other countries without the help of individual Muslims.

Sounds absurd? I hear ya, brother.....

No...my response is that a book called the Quran is an object, so is literally dumb.

This was in context of your ill-thought-out contention that it doesn't matter if Muslims are determined to dominate...because a magical book will dominate Canada and other countries without the help of individual Muslims.

Sounds absurd? I hear ya, brother.....

OK...prove your point by burning one in public with media present. Make sure the media gets your real name.

OK...prove your point by burning one in public with media present. Make sure the media gets your real name.

Yup...you wouldn't dare do that...and this is Canada.

Yeah because individual Muslims might take an issue with it. The same individual Muslims you say don't matter.

I wonder: do you have any toes? Because, man, you shoot yourself in the foot a lot.

So real power is population+oil reserves+votes in the UN General Assembly? Really?

-Military ressources do not matter?

-GDP does not mater?

Most armed forces on the globe could kick Canada's azz. Including Lebanon.

If I understand you correctly, Islam will dominate the world, as per the Quran, as per Allah.

When?

Sometime between now and eternity

With what means?

One billion Muslims (growing at 2% per year) will unite their power that consists of vast oil reserves and 53 UN General Assembly votes and some armies that are stronger than Canada's.

Is this your position?

Yeah because individual Muslims might take an issue with it. The same individual Muslims you say don't matter.

I wonder: do you have any toes? Because, man, you shoot yourself in the foot a lot.

Why would individual Muslims get upset? To them it's ONLY a dumb book...well...according to you. Burn a Quran in public using your real name while the media reports.

If I understand you correctly, Islam will dominate the world, as per the Quran, as per Allah.

When?

Sometime between now and eternity

With what means?

One billion Muslims (growing at 2% per year) will unite their power that consists of vast oil reserves and 53 UN General Assembly votes and some armies that are stronger than Canada's.

Is this your position?

Again, your belittlement of Islam does not affect me one bit. But, you, like the others here, are free to prove that Islam doesn't take itself seriously by burning a Quran in public with the media reporting. Use your real name, of course...since this shouldn't worry you. You need not be anywhere near a mosque. That would be provocative...needlessly.

Seriously, if you're going to invoke Biblical Prophecy, you're declaring a certain, intentional end to serious discussion.

Like I said before, non-believers think the Bible is nonsense. Thanks for confirming that and also the predictable arrogance that comes from them when the Bible is mentioned as well.

Edited by roy baty

Why would individual Muslims get upset? To them it's ONLY a dumb book...well...according to you. Burn a Quran in public using your real name while the media reports.

Again, your belittlement of Islam does not affect me one bit. But, you, like the others here, are free to prove that Islam doesn't take itself seriously by burning a Quran in public with the media reporting. Use your real name, of course...since this shouldn't worry you. You need not be anywhere near a mosque. That would be provocative...needlessly.

No one said any of these things. You're arguing with figments of your imagination again.

No one said any of these things. You're arguing with figments of your imagination again.

I love it when you're angry.

:lol:

This theory needs to be tested.

I suggest DOP at Mosaic Stadium at 2:15 pm on September 1st.

... burning a green flag. Or a green sweater.

A green handkerchief even.

So you're trying to compare burning the Quran to a CFL game? Belittling a faith such as Islam towards me isn't going to affect how seriously Muslims take the Quran. My challenge goes out to you, as well. Burn one in public with media presence using your real name.

Now, of course, you wouldn't be so foolish to do that. Possibly terrified to do that...and justifiably so. The reality is that if you did it with significant exposure, you'd set off days if not weeks of violent rioting across the globe and need 24/7 protection for (minimum) yourself.

Prove me wrong, new dude. Welcome to MLW, btw.

Like I said before, non-believers think the Bible is nonsense. Thanks for confirming that and also the predictable arrogance that comes from them when the Bible is mentioned as well.

Many atheists DO think these various books are nonsense and that is an issue. It's almost a flaw in the atheist outlook...lack of empathy towards what believers ACTUALLY believe.

I agree with you that Islam does "take itself seriously" and have never suggested otherwise. The fact that I do not agree that Islam will dominate thw West does not mean that I belittle Islam. Your recent responses to me have nothing to do with what I wrote, my latest was a simple request for a clarification of your position.

Edited by carepov

I love it when you're angry.

Not "angry" (again, If I was angry, you'd know it.)

I just dig on pointing out your lies, errors, omissions etc. The only reason I'm still bothering with you (there are more challenging targets on this board) is that I can't tell if you're a troll or just a dope.

Not "angry" (again, If I was angry, you'd know it.)

I just dig on pointing out your lies, errors, omissions etc. The only reason I'm still bothering with you (there are more challenging targets on this board) is that I can't tell if you're a troll or just a dope.

Sure you are...you're temper is famous. You blow your top on occasion which is what amuses me. You can keep pretending I'm a troll if that makes you feel better.