Planet will boil over if living standards raised to American levels.

Does this mean you have finally reconciled the dichotomy of using so much climate change research and data from a "denier nation" ? I look forward to this EU "pivot" as the basis for more satire and mocking of FAILED policies across the pond.

be proud, loud and proud of your trolling "denier nation" BS! Never said it... you can't produce a quote where i said it... so you troll! It's what you do... it's all ya got!

President Obama told Africans that they should only grow with renewable energy; President Bush told Africans they could grow by beating AIDS, and provided the money to do so:

the waldo countering your truthiness!

Obama told reporters during a press conference with Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete that the activists who continue to compare him unfavorably to Bush on AIDS have their facts wrong.

Theres been an objection that weve reduced our commitment there, Obama said. We are serving four times the number of people today than we were when PEPFAR [Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief] first began, but because weve gotten better at it and more efficient at it, were doing it at reduced costs. Were not taking that money out of global health, what were doing is putting it pack in to tuberculosis and malaria.

Telling Africans to stay poor is nothing new:

...Their general feeling was that the First World is trying to push Africa around, bully African countries into accepting its opinions and, even worse, adopting its supposed “solutions.”

The “solutions” include moving away from fossil fuels and implementing supposed alternatives like wind, solar and biofuel power. Africans were unhappy about this. They still are. They can intuitively see that large scale wind or solar power is not practical – and biofuels mean devoting scarce cropland, water and fertilizer to growing energy crops, instead of using the crops for food. What Africa needs now is abundant, reliable, affordable electricity and transportation fuel, which means producing more of the Earth’s still abundant oil, coal and natural gas.

http://responsiblenergy.blogspot.com/2012/12/are-climate-alarmists-trying-to-keep.html

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Telling Africans to stay poor is nothing new:

...Their general feeling was that the First World is trying to push Africa around, bully African countries into accepting its opinions and, even worse, adopting its supposed “solutions.”

The “solutions” include moving away from fossil fuels and implementing supposed alternatives like wind, solar and biofuel power. Africans were unhappy about this. They still are. They can intuitively see that large scale wind or solar power is not practical – and biofuels mean devoting scarce cropland, water and fertilizer to growing energy crops, instead of using the crops for food. What Africa needs now is abundant, reliable, affordable electricity and transportation fuel, which means producing more of the Earth’s still abundant oil, coal and natural gas.

http://responsiblenergy.blogspot.com/2012/12/are-climate-alarmists-trying-to-keep.html

Yep, I find it pretty appalling. I think that warmies that are proponents of people living in poverty in the name of the planet's "health" should also follow suit and lead by example.

There are counter examples to that. People will accept extremes when faced with extreme circumstances.

I try to dissuade people from reading between the lines, and furthermore from trying to discuss it on here because it doesn't foster a good discussion IMO. That's not to say that it's against the rules or something, but how can somebody discuss "what Obama REALLY MEANS" on MapleLeafWeb authoritatively, assuming they are not Obama ?

Well, what do I really mean, Mike?

guys, guys! Did you attend the recent conference? :lol:

Obama just gave Africa 8 billion dollars. Not enough money for some Fourth of July fireworks or White House Tours due to sequestration. But there is enough in the pot for a $100 million dollar tour to dole out 8 billion dollars to develop the electrical grid in Africa.

It's going to get more and more like that as Obama levels the playing field.

If one can't read the intent through the generalities and demagoguery you can sure see it in his actions. It's called social justice, or equality, or being fair and balanced or leveling the playing field.

Now one might say, poor Americans can't tour the White house or miss their fireworks on July the 4th...awwww.

But those are just indicators. The reality is the number of people on food stamps and disability, an unemployment rate that won't come down (and is highest among youth and Afro-Americans) and an unprecedented divide in social and political attitudes. All while numerous scandals rock the White House - there's fast and furious, Benghazi, NSA, IRS and the AP/James Rosen affair.

But it's summertime not much to report in the news....yawn...oh yeah - by the way.. BMW got hit for its hiring practices. It seems in their South Carolina operation more Blacks than Whites were being turned away. BMW was doing criminal background checks on job applicants and using them in an indiscriminate manner. Some 79 Blacks and only 6 Whites were turned away. I don't know, those numbers don't look fair to me. Pepsico apparently had to pay 3.1 million under similar circumstances awhile ago.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323495604578539283518855020.html

Edited by Pliny

:lol: nice unrelated rant Pliny! I simply asked, given all your expressed concerns for the plight of Africans, whether you attended the conference on Africa and U.S. Imperialism? Well did you? Oh wait... is that what your latest rant is all about - amplifying that imperial reach?

here is a dandy speech from that conference: Africa and U.S. Imperialism: Post-Colonial Crises and the Imperatives of the African Revolution. Pliny, Pliny, what do think about that U.S. military AFRICOM thingee? Is that ok?

:lol: nice unrelated rant Pliny! I simply asked, given all your expressed concerns for the plight of Africans, whether you attended the conference on Africa and U.S. Imperialism? Well did you? Oh wait... is that what your latest rant is all about - amplifying that imperial reach?

here is a dandy speech from that conference: Africa and U.S. Imperialism: Post-Colonial Crises and the Imperatives of the African Revolution. Pliny, Pliny, what do think about that U.S. military AFRICOM thingee? Is that ok?

yes, waldo. Even Africans don't want the 8 billion. They know that the imperialist US only too well.

• 3 weeks later...

What does this mean?

It does not mean we need to find new sources of energy.

I think this means that a clever American statesman like Obama (and a clever American citizen like her? :rolleyes:) has already found the new source of energy----the poor Africans should live on burning free American universal-political-correct books, newpapers and doctrine leaflets, which always lecture these poor third world folks that birth control is so evil that our god has banned it in his thousands-years-old holy book,----meanwhile our Americans will live on burning fossil fuel to power our cars, yachts, airconditioners....and F22s of course.

I think you misunderstood what Obama said. What he said to Afericans is no different than what Happer said to Canadian aboriginal chiefs: You have my fully sympathy for what happened hundreds years ago and I would do my best if I was able to correct these.....but what could I do since we have already been here? :lol:

Edited by xul

I think you misunderstood what Obama said. What he said to Afericans is no different than what Happer said to Canadian aboriginal chiefs: You have my fully sympathy for what happened hundreds years ago and I would do my best if I was able to correct these.....but what could I do since we have already been here? :lol:

There is no need to uproot the present because someone is rooted in the past. We need to move on. No one in present civilization has directly experienced injustices of a century ago and they never will. Are there still injustices? Of course, but hopefully we have made progress. Is it the right of those descendants of those who experienced past injustices to inflict injustices on the descendants of the past oppressors of earlier generations?

Guest Derek L

Saw this from a couple days ago:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/01/matt-shea-washington-ammunition_n_3689576.html

A Republican state legislator in Washington told a group of tea party members and survivalists at a rally to buy thousands of rounds of ammunition to prepare for an economic collapse.

At an Idaho state park last weekend, State Rep. Matt Shea (R-Spokane Valley) said that preparation is the key to surviving what he said is an "inevitable collapse that is going to happen," the Coeur d'Alene Press reported. Shea was one of multiple speakers to bring up preparation; another speaker urged the creation of militias.

Hows that for confidence in your Government and country.........Of course, a few months ago, Department of Homeland Security wanted to purchase over 1.6 billion rounds of ammo:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/03/11/1-6-billion-rounds-of-ammo-for-homeland-security-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/

For perspective:

It confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security has issued an open purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. As reported elsewhere, some of this purchase order is for hollow-point rounds, forbidden by international law for use in war, along with a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years. In America.

The ballot box....the Jury box.....and the cartridge box? :ph34r:

There is no need to uproot the present because someone is rooted in the past. We need to move on. No one in present civilization has directly experienced injustices of a century ago and they never will. Are there still injustices? Of course, but hopefully we have made progress. Is it the right of those descendants of those who experienced past injustices to inflict injustices on the descendants of the past oppressors of earlier generations?

I think it is not only about justice/injustice, but also about the future of human race. The world population is 7 billion by now and some UN study says that it will be 10 billion in 2050 and 24 billion in 2150. The natural resource of Earth will not be able to support such huge population. Fossil fuel is not only used for powering CEO's and MBA's cars, yachts and private airplanes, but also a raw material of chemical fertilizers and plastics. Without chemical fertilizer there will not be enough food to support even current population and without plastics there will be no electrical wire, no IC...., in short, no modern civilization.

As the world only superpower, US ought to use her influence to do somethine real like helping other nations on birth control, not just speech some political-correct/God-holy-book-correct blah then do nothing or even make things worse.

Saw this from a couple days ago:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/01/matt-shea-washington-ammunition_n_3689576.html

Hows that for confidence in your Government and country.........Of course, a few months ago, Department of Homeland Security wanted to purchase over 1.6 billion rounds of ammo:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/03/11/1-6-billion-rounds-of-ammo-for-homeland-security-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/

For perspective:

The ballot box....the Jury box.....and the cartridge box? :ph34r:

A group of my friends and I have been talking more and more about preparing in case of a big economic collapse or some other man-made disaster, a natural disaster, or a zombie apocalypse. We're all intelligent, in good physical shape and can add value to the group. You and your weapons are welcome to join us.

Everyone in the present is experiencing the dysfunction that un-reconciled past injustices have left in their wake. As long as this remains the case so will everyone in the future.

We bought it and we still own it.