AG says, show me the money

Lets just say my house is rather unique.. Heck, the ground-souce heating was 40K alone!

Ya sounds like you will never get that money back.That's why nobody gets those stupid heat pumps in,they never pay off.

But that's your money,care less what you do with your money.

I'm more concerned with tax payers dollars.

WWWTT

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey WWWTT, It was just a friendly heads up... Some may consider that "Bullying" and taking away from the good content in this forum.. After all, "rules are rules" and they seem to apply to everyone..

Then report it!

WWWTT

Lets just say my house is rather unique.. Heck, the ground-souce heating was 40K alone!

Funny you mentioned those buildings... Ellis Don was the guys that did Trillium and Ellis Don is also now doing a bang-up Job on the Oakville hospital And I can tell you the costs if you would like simply for that cool bridge of H-Laminate that they are erecting! The Drawing for the bridge/span is just under 1 million dollars! Small world!!

Oh, and im an Engineer and have assisted in a number of Global projects..

Enjoy your house WWWTT! It perfect move in weather! Mine will be a while

So you're an engineer,but you paid 7K to have a house engineerd for you?

If you say so.

WWWTT

I did it for the environment and my Children.... Yes, your opinion is that it will never pay off and you can also spoil the environment if you wish,, Im OK with your personal choices too!

Oh! I found a neato fact WWWTT!!! A fact to keep the scope of this tread in line. The Candu Reactors are based on a licence agreement with Romania was over 44Million.. SIMPLY for the licence agreement... Kinda puts this thing into scope..

Pretty neat huh! The Romanians must be IRATE over that one! Man did we stiff them.. for our IP and man-hours and research... What a "hoodwink" huh WWWTT?

Ya sounds like you will never get that money back.That's why nobody gets those stupid heat pumps in,they never pay off.

But that's your money,care less what you do with your money.

I'm more concerned with tax payers dollars.

WWWTT

I did it for the environment and my Children.... Yes, your opinion is that it will never pay off and you can also spoil the environment if you wish,, Im OK with your personal choices too!

Actually it's the opinion of several people who I know that had them when they built their homes over 20 years ago!

I also know of someone right now who told me that if he's taking a kickin from putting one in!

WWWTT

Indeed WWWTT! Im both en Electrical Engineer (With my fancy shmantzy pink Ring) and a Civil Engineer (Not that I do any of that now) . I currently design LCD modules and Camera modules for the mobile handset space. In fact, im looking at a 5P lens stckup for a 13.5Mp camera module right this minute! Neat stuff huh? Why would an Electrical Engineer or Civil Engineer design a house? I don't think that even legal WWWTT!?!?

Yes, 7K, and its gonna be GORGEOUS! You would love it WWWTT! Simply love it!

So you're an engineer,but you paid 7K to have a house engineerd for you?

If you say so.

WWWTT

Sometimes it not all about the money WWWTT,, The environment should come into play. You must not have children in assuming... They change your perspective.

Look at the Tories and the money they are spending on environment... I think I should be a bigger man and pitch in as well

Actually it's the opinion of several people who I know that had them when they built their homes over 20 years ago!

I also know of someone right now who told me that if he's taking a kickin from putting one in!

WWWTT

Funny thing about that 3 Billion, it just so happens that the taxes at the border for goods coming in will be 3 billion yearly, as it was pointed out on Thursday in Parliament. The Tories have gone too far with their out right lying and when the oppositions ask about the money missing they just become "Turnaround Tories" and blame someone else .

We should simply spend more time complaining about the color of the GOC's website... Those wacky guys at the NDP want an inquiry into why they changed colors.... OMG! :P

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/inside-politics-blog/2013/05/ndp-mp-wants-to-see-research-behind-new-blue-look-on-goc-websites.html

THATS a time waster but good for a laugh on a Friday

WWWTT - Please post real arguments, not just photos. Thanks.

We should simply spend more time complaining about the color of the GOC's website... Those wacky guys at the NDP want an inquiry into why they changed colors.... OMG! :P

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/inside-politics-blog/2013/05/ndp-mp-wants-to-see-research-behind-new-blue-look-on-goc-websites.html

THATS a time waster but good for a laugh on a Friday

Double standard?

WWWTT

No, but it's shoddy blogging. As an example, this line

It was part of $ 12.9 billion the Harper government put aside to fight terrorism.

The money was actually put aside by the Chretien government in 2001 and dispersed apparently helter-skelter from there to a number agencies from that point in time. We don't actually know how much was dispersed by Harper, if any, or how much was spent or dispersed before the Tories even took office. It's safe to assume, however, that most was spent in the years immediately after the 9/11 attack by Chretien's government.

Edited by Argus

No but some really good zingers!

Treasury Board minister Tony Clement is responsible for it. But right now he's a treasury minister who's lost his treasure.

Clement said that some of the money may have ended up as expenditure in Afghanistan, or possibly as expenditure at one of the border crossings with the U.S.

If I were Clement I wouldn't talk too much about missing border crossing money.

:lol:

True, the Tories should just say "I don't know" because saying it went here and there and can't prove any of it , means the same. I think its worse saying it went here and there and not being able to prove it and therefore, Canadians think, ok, what did they do with it.....what are they hiding.

Joking aside, I think they'd better find it pdq.

That may be easier said than done. If it was either all dispersed undocumented or just not spent under the previous government, there's nothing there for this government to find.

One thing is for sure they will be working on finding it, not like the previous govermnet's way of just forget it and lets move on.

Edited by PIK

One thing is for sure they will be working on finding it, not like the previous govermnet's way of just forget it and lets move on.

I hope you're right. I fear you're wrong.

I don't think Harper takes accountability to taxpayers very seriously. We're just people he has to hoodwink to keep his absolute power.

A couple of possibilities:

945655_506845222695847_706696048_n.jpg

Government on missing $3.1 billion: We left a nice tip

Or ... maybe Peter Mackay bought himself a fishing helicopter?

Has anybody heard any serious suggestions from Harper about where the money is?

Did he donate it to a cat shelter?

Edited by jacee

Harper has had to deal with alot of things that went wrong with the chretien goverment. He has to spend alot of his time cleaning up the boondoggles and mess;s left by the chretien goverment. So what did chretien do for 13 years?

Harper has had to deal with alot of things that went wrong with the chretien goverment. He has to spend alot of his time cleaning up the boondoggles ...

If that was the problem, don't you think the Tories would be crowing about it? They're awfully silent ...

Too many bureaucrats and departments they are losing track, it's a matter of accounting. As Monty Solberg says in his piece today, maybe we need a more simple accounting system.

Any accounting system where you actually record where the money went would be good!

Harper has had to deal with alot of things that went wrong with the chretien goverment. He has to spend alot of his time cleaning up the boondoggles and mess;s left by the chretien goverment. So what did chretien do for 13 years?

Pobably cleaning up after Mulroney and his wild spending.