SUN NEWS should be made more accessible

betsy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I expect them to be a bit higher calibre than resorting to ad hominems.

Did they resort to ad hominems by pointing out the accounting in Attiwapiskat?Or do you not like the inconvenient truth?If you were honest,you would admit that it is usually the left that uses the personal attacks.Who is constantly screaming RACISM! HOMOPHOBIA! etc?

People tend to get their news from very few sources. Varying opinions originating from one source are great. However, completely biased editorial news stations like Sun, Fox or MSNBC are not so great. IMO, people like news slanted to validate their preexisting positions but, that's not really the point of the press. At one time news was a public service and now it has to be a profitable venture, hence, the bias, sensationalism and entertainment coverage.

People tend to get their news from very few sources. Varying opinions originating from one source are great. However, completely biased editorial news stations like Sun, Fox or MSNBC are not so great. IMO, people like news slanted to validate their preexisting positions but, that's not really the point of the press. At one time news was a public service and now it has to be a profitable venture, hence, the bias, sensationalism and entertainment coverage.

I use an RSS feed on my iphone for over 22 different news site from the left wing Huffington Post to the right wing Sun News. You be surprise how often different news site report different things (and I don't mean in different perspective).

Sun tv is different I will give you that ! But it is fun. They are blatantly right of center . I think it gives a balance from CTV and CBC left of center views. I want to hear different sides of news. I hope Sun gets to a level playing field with it`s competition then let the viewing public decide. With the CBC the public does not have that discretion. You must pay for it and what ever stance it takes on a story or lack of reporting on a story they will continue to exist. We should not have a Peoples broadcaster. We are all grown up now in Canada.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Sun gets to a level playing field with it`s competition then let the viewing public decide.

The public has already decided .

No one watches it and the ratings suck really bad.

High school football gets mmore viewers....and everyone knows nobody watched high school football

Edited by guyser

OK...but isn't that true of most Canadian television programming ?

Not at all .

You wish it so, but sadly it isnt.

American TV producers would love to have some of our ratings, inlcuding the highest overall rating of any watched program...over 80% of entire population tuning in.

Edited by guyser

Not at all .

You wish it so, but sadly it isnt.

American TV producers would love to have some of our ratings, inlcuding the highest overall rating of any watched program...over 80% of entire population tuning in.

I think American TV producers are doing just fine in Canada based on the ratings....with or without state financed and controlled CBC hockey games.

The nerdy CBS comedy even gave CTV a rare

Saturday night win as it airs in repeats as a comedy block against a

diminished "Hockey Night in Canada"....

An average 4.5 million Canadians have so far tuned into the CBS comedy

each week during fall 2012, according to BBM Canada data, up 18 percent

compared to fall 2011 when The Big Bang Theory also topped viewership tables here.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

...with or without state financed and controlled CBC hockey games.

Why do you perpetuate such bullshit when shown, repeatedly, that is not the case?

What you think is fine, even if totally wrong.

American TV producers dont care about ratings since they don't get any more revenue for high rated shows. They are paid up front.

Troll somewhere else

Why do you perpetuate such bullshit when shown, repeatedly, that is not the case?

Why are you so angry about Canadians choosing to view American programming ?

What you think is fine, even if totally wrong.

Thank you...and what Canadians choose to watch is fine too, whether it be Sun TV or 'Big Bang'.

American TV producers dont care about ratings since they don't get any more revenue for high rated shows. They are paid up front.

Troll somewhere else

Trying to silence me or Sun TV will not work. Who made you the boss ?

Why are you so angry about Canadians choosing to view American programming ?

Why are you so stupid to discuss something that was never broached in this thread, except top be an annoying troll?

Thank you...and what Canadians choose to watch is fine too, whether it be Sun TV or 'Big Bang'.

Good, you admit you were wrong. Ok.

Trying to silence me or Sun TV will not work. Who made you the boss ?

Silence you? Now what would I do for comedic relief with you gone. Watching you flail about on this website is quite funny.

You have become a parody of that which you first maligned.

Sun TV sucks, almost as bad a s FNN , but everyone deserves to live on their own accord and we dont have enough stupid people that buy what SNN is selling. FNN on the other hand.....

Why are you so stupid to discuss something that was never broached in this thread, except top be an annoying troll?

Because Sun TV was/is often compared to the much hated Fox News broadcasts from the U.S. I assume that long time members have at least

a basic running understanding of topics and relationships previously stated in other threads. But I won't judge you the way you judge me.

.. Good, you admit you were wrong. Ok.Silence you? Now what would I do for comedic relief with you gone. Watching you flail about on this website is quite funny.

You have become a parody of that which you first maligned.

Thank you....I am honored that you pay so much attention to my posts. Compounded parody is certainly one of my objectives here.

...Sun TV sucks, almost as bad a s FNN , but everyone deserves to live on their own accord and we dont have enough stupid people that buy what SNN is selling. FNN on the other hand.....

Hey...you finally figured out the connection ! I knew you would sooner or later. I agree that many more Canadians prefer to watch other (American) programming. That this upsets you is noted, but quite irrelevant.

Guest Derek L

Because Sun TV was/is often compared to the much hated Fox News broadcasts from the U.S. I assume that long time members have at least

a basic running understanding of topics and relationships previously stated in other threads. But I won't judge you the way you judge me.

I never got that………I’m watching Hannity right now, but I think I could count on one hand the amount of times I’ve watched Sun News……..It is awful and disserving of the ratings it receives…………

I never got that………I’m watching Hannity right now, but I think I could count on one hand the amount of times I’ve watched Sun News……..It is awful and disserving of the ratings it receives…………

Indeed, Canadians have voted with their remotes, but the initial pushback was that Sun News would be just like the much hated Fox News Network, which actually does quite well in Canada.

Liberals have successfully painted Fox News as being blocked in Canada

because of laws against lying, the premise is false. While they don't

operate in Canada because of the legal tactics of direct competitor and

wholly-owned government entity Canadian Broadcast Corporation (CBC), Fox News does have a broadcast presence by

way of independent media companies like Bell, Rogers and 20 other companies.

Hell, Fox News is just another television show option from the U.S. that many Canadians choose to watch over the offerings from the state sponsored and controlled CBC.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Guest Derek L

Indeed, Canadians have voted with their remotes, but the initial pushback was that Sun News would be just like the much hated Fox News Network, which actually does quite well in Canada.

Liberals have successfully painted Fox News as being blocked in Canada

because of laws against lying, the premise is false. While they don't

operate in Canada because of the legal tactics of direct competitor and

wholly-owned government entity Canadian Broadcast Corporation (CBC), Fox News does have a broadcast presence by

way of independent media companies like Bell, Rogers and 20 other companies.

Hell, Fox News is just another television show option from the U.S. that many Canadians choose to watch over the offerings from the state sponsored and controlled CBC.

I must be an anomaly, I watch FNC well also flicking on CBC’s the National or the local Global channel for the morning news……..
I know many harp about Fox News, but their coverage of both major US or International “News Events” reminds me of what CNN was like 20 years ago……..I usually don’t watch Hannity, depends on his guests, but enjoy O’Reilly and Greta….. And Chris Wallace Sunday mornings.

...I know many harp about Fox News, but their coverage of both major US or International “News Events” reminds me of what CNN was like 20 years ago……..I usually don’t watch Hannity, depends on his guests, but enjoy O’Reilly and Greta….. And Chris Wallace Sunday morning.

If Sun had Rupert Murdoch like resources, they could do the same in time. It wasn't long ago that Fox was the new kid on the block, and has won audience share by competing hard. CNN use to have the edge, long since lost. That many Canadians are even aware of Fox News and its on air talent speaks volumes. Must be all those fine ladies in short skirts ?