Israel Forcibly Injected African Immigrants with Birth Control

bud

Perhaps many of these Israeli Ethiopians are second generation now and are choosing to take birth control which is contributing to the lower birth rate. Do you really expect for the birth rate to remain as high as it is in the old country?

Ethiopians have been migrating to Israel since many decades ago. There is proof that Israel has had a policy of giving birth control to Ethiopian women from when they were being brought in from Ethiopia. There is proof that many were forced to take the birth control injection. Israel has ordered the practice to stop.

Why are you trying to make excuses for something so obvious?

Previous practices like the Sexual Sterilization Act in provinces continue to have an impact on principals and their descendants today.

How do you feel about Israel's policy of injecting the black Jews from Africa with birth control. Do you also believe the government should take it upon itself to control the Ethiopian Jews' birthrate by forcing and coercing them into being injected with birth control?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ethiopians have been migrating to Israel since many decades ago. There is proof that Israel has had a policy of giving birth control to Ethiopian women from when they were being brought in from Ethiopia. There is proof that many were forced to take the birth control injection. Israel has ordered the practice to stop.

Why are you trying to make excuses for something so obvious?

Hence why I said they are "second generation" people who are choosing to take birth control freely. What do you mean by "forced"? Were they held down kicking and screaming while being injected?

Do you expect the birthrate to be as high as it is in their old country?

I'm not making excuses.

How do you feel about Israel's policy of injecting the black Jews from Africa with birth control. Do you also believe the government should take it upon itself to control the Ethiopian Jews' birthrate by forcing and coercing them into being injected with birth control?

Gee...I hadn't really thought about it. Usually I was just glad to have a condom in my wallet.

Hence why I said they are "second generation" people who are choosing to take birth control freely. What do you mean by "forced"? Were they held down kicking and screaming while being injected?

What I mean by forced is that they were told you either take the birth control, or you don't come into Israel. According to some others, they were lied to about what they were being injected with.

You should look into the information surrounding this news before getting into the Israeli Apologize mode.

Do you expect the birthrate to be as high as it is in their old country?

You are falling for American Woman's narrative. No one is talking about the birthrate in their old country. The comparison is between the birthrate of Israeli Ethiopians now and over 10 years ago. The birthrate of Ethiopian Israelis IN Israel has fallen by 50% in the past 10 years.

I'm not making excuses.

Then admit the truth and stop dancing around the truth.

Guest American Woman

You are falling for American Woman's narrative. No one is talking about the birthrate in their old country. The comparison is between the birthrate of Israeli Ethiopians now and over 10 years ago. The birthrate of Ethiopian Israelis IN Israel has fallen by 50% in the past 10 years.

Of course they are - and it's the last 15 years. I've already pointed out that from 1996 - 2011 is 15 years. Do the math yourself if you don't believe me.

"Molla, the Ethiopian immigrant and former legislator, said the decline is likely due to the realities of everyday life in Israel, where it can be difficult to have as many children as in Ethiopia."

See? He's talking about the birthrate in their old country.

Edited by American Woman

Oops. Failure to respond to the points:

There are many holes in the twisting and turning and failed comparisons:

#1 - Ethiopians have been living in Israel for many decades. Meaning that they have many decades to assimilate into the culture. If you want to use the natural decline in birthrate argument, then the drop in birthrate should have been happening over time, over many decades. You are not.

#2 - The 50% drop in population has happened in the past 10 (or 15) years. It is a sudden drop in birthrate. Not a gradual drop you would expect.

#3 - This sudden drop in birthrate coincides with allegations that the Israeli government has been forcing Ethiopian women to be injected with birth control.

#4 - The Israeli government has ordered the stopping of the policy.

#5 - In Canada, no such discriminatory and racist policy exists towards any community. At least not in this day and age.

You can continue to try to excuse and whitewash Israel's discriminatory and racist policies, but the facts will continue contradict you.

How am I supposed to respond to a person who advocates forcibly controlling the birthrate of a group of people?

I am not able to discuss racist and discriminatory scenarios with people like you.

By giving logical arguments as to how a society would support the resulting population.

Guest American Woman

Oops. Failure to respond to the points:

#5 - In Canada, no such discriminatory and racist policy exists towards any community. At least not in this day and age.

Oops. Failure to notice the response to the points. I decided to go with one point at a time. Here ya go ---> http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=22253&p=884559

DoP:

Next up: a thread from Hudson about Israel denying birth control to Ethiopian women.

OMG. Accusations that Israel is denying birth control - too funny. And sadly, too likely. I can see it now - the problems resulting from the sudden, drastic rise in Ethiopian Israeli births (which is a given now, right?) will also be Israel's fault.

Hudson. There is no birth control policy. Show me the bill that was passed by the gov.

Show me the bill that was passed in U.S.' South half a century ago where black children were not allowed to go to school with white children. Show me the bill that was passed where blacks were supposed to ride in the back of the bus.

How about we look at what has happened:

- Dramatic birthrate drop of a community in the past 10-15 years

- Women coming forward and saying that they were forced and coerced into being injected

- The government ordering the stopping of the injections

Will you be dealing with the facts above or are you going to request to see a bill that was passed in order to admit the discriminatory birth control policy towards the Ethiopians by Israeli officials?

Show me the bill that was passed in U.S.' South half a century ago where black children were not allowed to go to school with white children. Show me the bill that was passed where blacks were supposed to ride in the back of the bus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jim_Crow_law_examples_by_State

As Black History Month comes to a close in Canada....

Near Chatham, in Merlin, the last segregated Black school in Ontario was
finally closed in 1965 following lobbying by concerned
African-Canadians to have it closed. Elsewhere, segregated schools were
phased out around the same time, with the last segregated school in
Canada, which was in Nova Scotia, closing in 1983.