"Anti-racist" is a codeword for anti-white

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the logic of anti-racist equating to anti-white.

Ya, makes no sense.

Not all white people are racist.

"Anti-racist" means ... anti - racist.

Many anti-racist actuvists are white.

Neonazi/white nationalist/supremacist types like to play this game, under the pretense that they represent all white people. :lol: :lol:

'WhiteRabbit' is a new member this morning, just popped in to bring this scintillating message, and no doubt scurrying back to scumfront now.

Edited by jacee

rolleyes.gif

If you hurry you might catch up to the whiterabbit.

What are you on about? It is absolutely true what I said but we are spoonfed this illusion that only white people can be racist and if there weren't any white people the humankind would live in peace and harmony without any prejudice or racism.

What are you on about? It is absolutely true what I said but we are spoonfed this illusion that only white people can be racist and if there weren't any white people the humankind would live in peace and harmony without any prejudice or racism.

We were making fun of the topic.

Now I'm making fun of you. :)

we are spoonfed this illusion that only white people can be racist

No one is under any illusions about this. Whites have the power to oppress others because they dominate the spheres of power in our society. WIthout controlling the spheres of power, other races lack the means of racist oppression. That doesn't mean that they can't simply be racist though.

No one is under any illusions about this. Whites have the power to oppress others because they dominate the spheres of power in our society. WIthout controlling the spheres of power, other races lack the means of racist oppression. That doesn't mean that they can't simply be racist though.

Can you show me this racist suppression as it applies to Canada? There are people of all races who hold racist ideas, but I don't see some collective action by whites to dominate spheres of power based on race in Canada. Quite the opposite, I see whites having allowed other races into this power sphere, because, yes, at one time whites did keep the power to themselves. It's the same with women's rights - it's white men who decided to vote to allow women to have the vote and full rights. Personally I think it's time to get over the white guilt stuff.

I've been encountering this phrase alot lately. The people who use it just won't shut up. They keep going on about some white genocide. Anyways I decided to make a petition to ban that phrase because of who it's used by and was wondering if people would like to sign it.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...white/jZCGb8Yn

I must admit I read the thread title, skimmed the post and mistook WhiteRabbit's intent.

A petition to "criminalize" the words "Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white" might be a bit naive, but it isn't ... er ... anti anti-racist as I erroneously interpreted WR's intent.

So ... my bad ... and now I think I'll retire from this thread in inglorious confusion. :D

Can you show me this racist suppression as it applies to Canada? There are people of all races who hold racist ideas, but I don't see some collective action by whites to dominate spheres of power based on race in Canada. Quite the opposite, I see whites having allowed other races into this power sphere, because, yes, at one time whites did keep the power to themselves. It's the same with women's rights - it's white men who decided to vote to allow women to have the vote and full rights. Personally I think it's time to get over the white guilt stuff.

You could read through this, if you would like.

http://dspace.cigilibrary.org/jspui/bitstream/123456789/24976/1/Working%20Precariously%20-%20The%20impact%20of%20race%20and%20immigrants%20status%20on%20employment%20opportunities%20and%20outcomes%20in%20Canada.pdf?1

Long past time.

The mantra of laissez-faire racism.

Katherine Tarca writes that laissez-faire racism is the belief, stated or implied through actions, that one can end racial inequality and discrimination by refusing to acknowledge that race and racial discrimination exists. Laissez-faire racism has two main ideas: first, the belief in the melting pot and America’s assertion of ideas ofequal opportunity, regardless of race. Second, laissez-faire racism encompasses the ideology of how individual deficiencies explain the problems of entire social groups. Tarca explains that Whites tend to view laissez-faire racism as being beneficial to people of color, while many minorities believe that these ideologies contrast and ignore the realities facing many minorities in America.[5]

edit: link

Edited by cybercoma

I don't understand the logic of anti-racist equating to anti-white.

Because all whites are racist, haven't you heard?

I think the point is that genocides such as Hutus on Tutsis, or West Pakistanis on East Pakistanis are swept under the rug while far milder white activities are pilloried.

So we should ignore the wrongs at home unless they get as bad as Africa or Pakistan's problems?

We should ignore the "wrongs" at home if the solutions are worse than the problems. If the solution to the remaining bits of some few people here and there being racist is to implement programs of institutionalized racism (affirmative action), then the solutions are worse than the problems.

We should ignore the "wrongs" at home if the solutions are worse than the problems. If the solution to the remaining bits of some few people here and there being racist is to implement programs of institutionalized racism (affirmative action), then the solutions are worse than the problems.

Pretty easy to say when you don't face systemic barriers to advancement and opportunity.