Mass shooting

As I said earlier (to you?) the firearms training regime of a police officer isn't that extensive.

No. But in the U.S. at least they are a higher grade, more professional group overall.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

Already provided a study by the AFT from 2000 showing criminals get guns at gun shows.

So now you are against background checks glade you dropped the act just like the NRA did. They are against universal background checks. I will quote the section from that AFT I ALREADY LINKED!

There we go BACKGROUND CHECKS NOW!

And how would a background check prevent a mentally ill person from purchasing a gun at a gun show……..Gifford’s shooter bought his gun in a sporting goods store…..

I’m against, like the NRA, universal background checks that don’t include mental health data fore such checks have been proven to be futile……….

As you said, you’re a gun owner, so I’m sure you’re aware that in Canada one doesn’t require a background check to purchase a firearm………Now why is that?

And how would a background check prevent a mentally ill person from purchasing a gun at a gun show……..Gifford’s shooter bought his gun in a sporting goods store…..

I’m against, like the NRA, universal background checks that don’t include mental health data fore such checks have been proven to be futile……….

As you said, you’re a gun owner, so I’m sure you’re aware that in Canada one doesn’t require a background check to purchase a firearm………Now why is that?

You don't get it. You can fix both these problems at the same time. We can create the universal background check while updating the data base. You solution is to wait years while all databases are combined and updates by the time that is done there will be another data base that should be included and you will argue until that database is in place there should be no background checks again.

WE ALREADY HAVE A DATABASE. It should be used for all gun buyers right now. It should be updated yes but your argument is petty and wrong headed. It is putting off to tomorrow what we can do today for no other reason then saying "We shouldn't use this database of violent criminals because it also doesn't include other databases". BACKGROUND CHECKS TODAY. You might not be able to see it but others do. In fact it is a law that is supported by 85% of the American people. You and the NRA aren't fooling anyone.

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/251979/16/NRA-to-push-back-on-universal-background-checks

Guest Derek L

You don't get it. You can fix both these problems at the same time. We can create the universal background check while updating the data base. You solution is to wait years while all databases are combined and updates by the time that is done there will be another data base that should be included and you will argue until that database is in place there should be no background checks again.

WE ALREADY HAVE A DATABASE. It should be used for all gun buyers right now. It should be updated yes but your argument is petty and wrong headed. It is putting off to tomorrow what we can do today for no other reason then saying "We shouldn't use this database of violent criminals because it also doesn't include other databases". BACKGROUND CHECKS TODAY. You might not be able to see it but others do. In fact it is a law that is supported by 85% of the American people. You and the NRA aren't fooling anyone.

http://www.wbir.com/...ckground-checks

So you're in favor of adding the mentally ills info to said database now? huh.png

And why would that take years to achieve?

....WE ALREADY HAVE A DATABASE. It should be used for all gun buyers right now.

No, "we" already have an incomplete database, and private gun sales are not subject to such checks. I bought my first handgun from the trunk of a car and a brown paper bag. And I could buy another one the same way tomorrow if I wanted to.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Guest Derek L

No, "we" already have an incomplete database, and private gun sales are not subject to such checks. I bought my first handgun from the trunk of a car and a brown paper bag. And I could buy another one the same way tomorrow if I wanted to.

Exactly, punked wants a system where family members would require a background check prior to exchanging a bolt action deer rifle, but a mentally ill person can still purchase firearms……..makes sense rolleyes.gif

We don't even require that in Canada......

Yes, I agree with that. I think most NRA members agree with that. Unfortunately, their leadership is out of touch with the members of their organization.

Only because it's leadership is more in touch with the manufacturers of guns and ammunition who in turn are more in touch with rulers of the state. Why doesn't the NRA's membership do something about that? Because most of them are sycophants to the state...when they're not armed out of fear of it that is.

Sorry, what was that about being out of touch again?

Edited by eyeball

Guest Derek L

So, this evening after watching the Superbowl I decided to take the dogs for a walk, on returning well hanging a picture in the bathroom, slipped and banged my head on the toilet tank……..As I awoke from my stupor, a way to curb gun crime in the United States came to me……..Now this idea would be effective, a lot of the required infrastructure is already in place, it wouldn’t infringe upon the Second Amendment and wouldn’t require National background checks (and the inherent “loopholes”)……

State gun licensing………..Under this plan each gun owner would require a State issued licence, which could be an endorsement found on their drivers licence (Or picture ID), and with each licence, it would also double as a CCW permit is so desired by the holder………Now with each licence, there would be a requirement to have taken a safety course & test, then renew said licence at the same time as drivers licence renewal.

Now with said licence, each holder would be required to have it in their possession when they’re using/transporting etc their firearms and would be required to present it when purchasing firearms and ammo, be it at a store, gun show or private transaction……………..

To add, each licence would follow under the meme of “State shall issue”, meaning that every red blooded American should be able to get said licence, barring the State can’t find a justifiable cause to not issue it i.e. Criminal record or history of mental health……..

No weapons bans, no magazine restrictions, no background checks required on purchases and no registry of firearms……

Problem solved.

Edited by Derek L

Okay so...lets say Buddy finally gets his paper work and guns and ammo and ducks all lined up and a week later he comes down with a touch of...lets say, misophonia for example - what happens then, his doctor registers him with the Federal Mental Illness Registry who then sends out a notice to authorities who come a-knocking with a warrant to seize any weapons in his possession?

Guest Derek L

Okay so...lets say Buddy finally gets his paper work and guns and ammo and ducks all lined up and a week later he comes down with a touch of...lets say, misophonia for example - what happens then, his doctor registers him with the Federal Mental Illness Registry who then sends out a notice to authorities who come a-knocking with a warrant to seize any weapons in his possession?

Or he could get a pair of these:

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/range-accessories/eye-ear-protection/r2000-electronic-earmuff/prod258815.html

That was easy.

Guest Derek L

The NRA would never go for it. Problem not solved.

Maybe, maybe not………The NRA is supportive of CCW permits, and those in most States require a similar process to obtain as the process I outlined for my “State Licence” ………And the NRA currently has their finger in the majority of the required safety courses for CCW in all the States………Even my proposed gun licence’s mandatory safety course could build upon their current safety courses offered to youngsters.

Maybe, maybe not………The NRA is supportive of CCW permits, and those in most States require a similar process to obtain as the process I outlined for my “State Licence” ………And the NRA currently has their finger in the majority of the required safety courses for CCW in all the States………Even my proposed gun licence’s mandatory safety course could build upon their current safety courses offered to youngsters.

Nope the NRA doesn't support legislation that might slow down gun purchases. They don't care about mass shootings it drives up gun sales, (good guys need guns to defend against bad guys, bad guys need more guns because good guys now have them) that isn't me talking that is their line on this whole gun argument. They work for the money which means selling guns, it is why they are against universal background checks to. They have one solution to every problem MORE GUNS. Follow the money on this one it tells a simple story.

Guest Derek L

So is singing la la la.

In the meantime what about the Mental Health Registry and Buddy, how do you deal with a gun owner who becomes mentally ill?

What happens here when a person is diagnosed with a condition that will impair their sight?………Their Doctor is required by law to report said condition to the Province and the patient loses his drivers licence……

Insert a similar process to your scenario………….Even to further the example relating to firearms, the RCMP revokes on average several thousand firearms licences a year.