Romney Lies about Jeep Jobs

"I saw a story today that one of the great manufacturers in this state, Jeep, now owned by the Italians, is thinking of moving all production to China,"- Romney

However no one in their right mind could interpret what any story said as saying that. Mitt says he is some sort of business man but can't even read the Business section with out getting the story wrong? I know Mitt knows a little about business so was this a mistake? NO it was just another Romney lie.

"Let's set the record straight: Jeep has no intention of shifting production of its Jeep models out of North America to China," Gualberto Ranieri, Chrysler's vice president of communications, said in a blog on the company's website.

In fact Jeep is ADDING 1100 new jobs IN AMERICA, Chrysler just invested half a billion dollars to retool and they are talking about upping Jeep production to add thousands of more Jobs in America.

Romney is either an idiot or a Liar and neither will ever get my vote for President. BTW Romney has yet to correct himself. I remember another President who thought when he said something even if it was a lie it made it true. Still no WMDs and that is dangerous. Obama might not always be right but at least he is willing to correct his mistakes.

http://www.freep.com/article/20121027/NEWS15/310270053/Romney-camp-silent-on-his-Jeep-to-China-gaffe

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No we don't. We can't even vote...and I don't think many Americans should trust him, given his record with the truth.

How about his record as Governor? Anyways, his so called record with the truth isn't any different than Obama's. The Washington Post just gave Obama 7 Pinocchios. That's your boy Smallc!

Obama’s fanciful claim that Congress ‘proposed’ the sequester

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/obamas-fanciful-claim-that-congress-proposed-the-sequester/2012/10/25/8651dc6a-1eed-11e2-ba31-3083ca97c314_blog.html

Obama’s ‘Tonight Show’ remark: Planned Parenthood provides mammograms

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/obamas-tonight-show-remark-planned-parenthood-provides-mammograms/2012/10/26/c07f331e-1f16-11e2-9cd5-b55c38388962_blog.html

Why does he feel the need to lie so badly Smallc?

How about his record as Governor? His state ended up third lowest for job creation in his time there.

Yes, when your unemployment rate is at 4%, it's difficult to create enough jobs to push that lower. That's basically full employment. When you're governor of a state that has much higher unemployment, it's alot easier to create jobs, with the right policies, to push unemployment lower. Stop being obtuse.

More importantly, his state is solidly in support of Obama. What does that tell you?

Yeah, I'm shocked that Massachussets isn't supporting a Republican in a federal election. Especially when Democrats outnumber Republicans 3 to 1. Or do you think Democrats there usually support Republican candidates? rolleyes.gif

It's a nice talking point though.

Anyways, why does Obama have such a difficult time with the truth???

And he's changed positions about 60 times since then. We don't even know who he is.

Yep, just like Obama.

Anyways, you didn't answer the question. Why does Obama have such a difficult time with the truth according to the Washington Post? 7 Pinnochios! That's a lot in just one week.

Democrats outnumber Republicans 3 to 1, but elected a Republican to be their governor. Now they won't vote for him to be president. Funny that.

Yep, they've elected Repubulican governor's in the past too. That doesn't mean they support them in Federal elections. Do some homework. It's a nice talking point though.

Romney has been corrected by several sources yet he keeps repeating his LIE. He can't pretend he doesn't know it is a lie anymore now he is actively lying to the American People. What a dick.

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney repeated a false claim Thursday night that Chrysler Group may move all Jeep vehicle production to China, drawing criticism from the Obama campaign, which said the Michigan native had blatantly skewed a news wire story.

Romney’s comments came the same day that the Free Press reported that 1,100 new Chrysler workers will begin making the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango SUVs at a plant in Detroit next week.

http://www.freep.com/article/20121026/BUSINESS01/121026036/

I bet the Detroit free press wishes they could take back their endorsement now. It explains why though Obama has been endorsed by papers that have a circulation of double that of the ones Romney has.

Romney has been corrected by several sources yet he keeps repeating his LIE. He can't pretend he doesn't know it is a lie anymore now he is actively lying to the American People. What a dick.

http://www.freep.com...SS01/121026036/

I bet the Detroit free press wishes they could take back their endorsement now. It explains why though Obama has been endorsed by papers that have a circulation of double that of the ones Romney has.

It was the Detroit News not The Detroit Free Press that Shady posted as endorsing Romney. I don't know if the Free Press supports him or not.

The new Republic has picked up the story and is also setting the record straight calling Romney surprise surprise a LIAR. This is who this man is.

The story turns out to be wrong. As Chrysler made clear the very next day, in a tartly worded blog post on the company website, officials have discussed opening plants in China in order to meet rising demand for vehicles there. They have no plans to downsize or shutter plants in the U.S. On the contrary, Fiat, the Italian company that acquired Chrysler during the rescue, just spent $1.7 billion to expand Jeep production in the U.S. That includes $500 million to renovate and expand the Toledo facilities, with 1,000 new factory jobs likely to follow. On Monday, about the same number of people will report for their first day of work in Detroit, when Chrysler adds a third shift to a Jeep plant it operates there.

Did Romney intend to mislead Ohio voters? I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Presidential campaigns are chaotic, particularly in their final weeks. Maybe somebody on Romney's staff read the story, which bubbled up in the right-wing press and included a genuinely confusing statement from Fiat, and gave it to the candidate without checking its veracity. But, even after Chrysler clarified its intentions, the Romney campaign refused to answer questions from reporters about the erroneous claim. Now I think I know why: A new Romney ad references the same story.

Whole article here.

http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/109256/romney-ohio-chrysler-jeep-china-toledo-obama-gm-rescue#

Romney's fibs are happening to often and are to big to ignore. He truly believes he can create his own reality the propaganda is amazing.

Yeah, I'm shocked that Massachussets isn't supporting a Republican in a federal election. Especially when Democrats outnumber Republicans 3 to 1. Or do you think Democrats there usually support Republican candidates? rolleyes.gif

How did he become governor then? Face it Shady, they don't like him because they know him.

To counter the severe slump in European sales, Marchionne is considering building Chrysler models in Italy, including Jeeps, for export to North America. The Italian government is evaluating tax rebates on export goods to help Fiat. Marchionne may announce details of his plan as soon as Oct. 30, the people said.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-10-28/marchionne-seen-missing-fiat-sales-target-by-19-billion#p1

Uh oh, spaghetti-o.

Even though Chrysler has called Romney a Liar and shown their plans to add Jeep jobs in America Romney cuts the add anyway to run with what is a LIE. This man has to be the worst candidate in terms of honesty that has ever run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVv6w0EC7Qs']

And now the people that hate and mistrust corporations are now quoting them. LOL

Yes, he was just so radical and untrustworthy as Governor. rolleyes.gif

Anyways, why's your boy lying so much? Why can't Obama tell the truth?

Why can't either of these clowns tell the truth? Romney is a politician as Obama and will tell you ANYTHING you want to hear in order to get elected. It IS election 'season' and the hunt is on for votes!

What we have here are two snake oil salesmen touting their snake oil as better than the other guy's snake oil.