Romney Lies about Jeep Jobs

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reporters are now asking for the plan Mitt talks about in the add.

I asked for a copy of Romney's "plan to help the auto industry'" per the Jeep ad and received no response. So I assume they made it up.

— @morningmoneyben

Reporters are giving Mitt the benefit of the doubt here and saying he is lying instead of talking about his real plan "Let Detroit go Bankrupt". That is an has always been Mitts plan.

More news papers and organizations are jumping just BIG OF A LIE this Jeep ad is.

Romney's new ad about Jeeps and Italy is f-you dishonest. You probably know the background. Bloomberg News moved a confusingly worded article last week suggesting, if you didn't read it closely, that Jeep (under Chrysler, owned by Fiat) was sending all its production to China. Romney said this on the trail.

I originally cut Romney a break here--some aide handed him a news article that was sloppily or strangely written, he read it on the fly, he decided to throw it in there. Not such a crime.

But then Chrysler ripped Romney and said no way, this is not true. Chrysler is thinking about putting plants in China down the road to try to increase market share there. But as for the here and now and the U.S. market, Chrysler is not only not cutting back domestic Jeep production but expanding it, investing $500 million in the Toledo, Ohio Jeep plant.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/10/29/f-you-dishonesty-romney-and-jeep.html

Of course Shady will ignore the lying because Romney is only doing something Shady has wanted to see for a long time. A candidate that creates his own reality just like Shady.

Big Dog Clinton has something to day on this.

"Now it turns out that Jeep is reopening in China because they made so much money here they can afford to do it, and they are going on with their plans here. They put out a statement today saying that it was the biggest load of bull in the world that they would consider shutting down their American operation. They are roaring in America thanks to people like the people of Ohio."

This is all a way for Romney to take the heat off himself with these kinds of stories that are even running in papers halfway across the globe.

At the age of 86 retired plumber Paul Holz has just been arrested for the first time in his long life.

Clutching an American flag, the elderly resident of Freeport, Illinois, was handcuffed by police outside a Sensata car parts plant which is shipping jobs to China and has become a national symbol for the outsourcing of American manufacturing jobs abroad

Continued: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/oct/27/sensata-plant-illinois-jobs?newsfeed=true

Jeep said: “It’s simply reviewing the opportunities to return Jeep output to China, for the world’s largest auto market. U.S. Jeep assembly lines will continue to stay in operation." It is only reviewing or thinking about the possibility of that happening. As with most ads they spin what was said.

Romney read or was told about the Bloomberg story that one of the great manufacturers in the state, Jeep, now owned by the Italians, is thinking of moving all production to China.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-21/fiat-says-china-may-build-all-jeep-models-as-suv-demand-climbs.html

majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers’ operations in the region.

Yes, he was just so radical and untrustworthy as Governor. rolleyes.gif

Anyways, why's your boy lying so much? Why can't Obama tell the truth?

Because hes trying to get elected, and both of these guys would step up to the podium and say literally ANYTHING if they thought it would work.

Man... reading the responses here (both the pro-Romney and pro-Obama ones), I gotta wonder... Is today your first day ever contemplating politics?

Because hes trying to get elected, and both of these guys would step up to the podium and say literally ANYTHING if they thought it would work.

Man... reading the responses here (both the pro-Romney and pro-Obama ones), I gotta wonder... Is today your first day ever contemplating politics?

I've got to wonder if you've looked at the fact checking that has gone on through this campaign. If you truly think that Obama and Romney lie equally, then I have to think that you haven't.

I've got to wonder if you've looked at the fact checking that has gone on through this campaign. If you truly think that Obama and Romney lie equally, then I have to think that you haven't.

I didnt say they lie equally. I think both of these people would say anything they thought would win the election. The analysis I've read suggests they both lie and mislead quite a lot.

Scrib already posted that, I feel that it's important to post again, so some of you Obama sycophants can read it again.

Fiat Says Jeep Output May Return to China as Demand Rises

Fiat SpA (F), majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers’ operations in the region.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/print/2012-10-21/fiat-says-china-may-build-all-jeep-models-as-suv-demand-climbs.html

What he actually say in the 30 second ad: a narrator says Obama “sold Chrysler to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China. Mitt Romney will fight for every American job.”

That is not entirely untrue, they are discussing returning some output to China. Misleading sure, but both sides do it...

Further to this:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-10-28/marchionne-seen-missing-fiat-sales-target-by-19-billion#p1

To counter the severe slump in European sales, Marchionne is considering building Chrysler models in Italy, including Jeeps, for export to North America. The Italian government is evaluating tax rebates on export goods to help Fiat. Marchionne may announce details of his plan as soon as Oct. 30, the people said.

Does this mean Romney is owed an apology ?

Further to this:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-10-28/marchionne-seen-missing-fiat-sales-target-by-19-billion#p1

To counter the severe slump in European sales, Marchionne is considering building Chrysler models in Italy, including Jeeps, for export to North America. The Italian government is evaluating tax rebates on export goods to help Fiat. Marchionne may announce details of his plan as soon as Oct. 30, the people said.

Does this mean Romney is owed an apology ?

How does that support Romney's China lie?

Just for fun, check out the Pants on Fire! section of Politifact. Count Republicans vs Democrats.

http://www.politifac...ts-fire/?page=1

Nothing says to your base, "we think you're a bunch of uneducated morons" than lying constantly to them and hoping they'll buy it.

Edited by cybercoma

You know, it's pretty hypocritical to support Romney by saying Jeep is going to ship jobs to China. If you're so concerned about shipping jobs to China, why would you support the guy that made millions off shipping jobs to China?

I didn't say I supported any of that, but the link I posted appears to support Romney's contention that Jeeps will be built in China.

As far as I know the jeep ad did not say ‘all’ production was moving to China, if it had that would be wrong. It said sold "to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China." which is technically correct. Unless there is an ad that says ALL that I haven't heard, and for sure I don't hear them all.

The democrats aren't exactly pure and true when it comes to ads and truthfullness, in particular the add that accused Romney of causing a woman to die of cancer but this one kinda takes the prize for 'classy'

http://www.therights...if-romney-wins/

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/25/busted-republican-woman-in-obama-ad-has-been-a-registered-democrat-since-2006/

ETA: I'm not going to get into posting more links or name calling because both sides are doing it, not one party has a corner on it.

Edited by scribblet

It's all political spin and twisting words to make one side look better than the other. If I had a vote it would be pretty hard to discern who was telling the truth and who wasn't and the media can't be trusted to present facts in an unbiased manner. Most of them anyway.

From the CEO statement today

I feel obliged to unambiguously restate our position: Jeep production will not be moved from the United States to China.

snip

We also are investing to improve and expand our entire U.S. operations, including our Jeep facilities. The numbers tell the story:

We will invest more than $1.7 billion to develop and produce the next generation Jeep SUV, the successor of the Jeep Liberty -- including $500 million directly to tool and expand our Toledo Assembly Complex and will be adding about 1,100 jobs on a second shift by 2013.

At our Jefferson North Assembly Plant, where we build the Jeep Grand Cherokee, we have created 2,000 jobs since June 2009 and have invested more than $1.8 billion.

In Belvidere, where we build two Jeep models, we have added two shifts since 2009 resulting in an additional 2,600 jobs.

With the increase in demand for our vehicles, especially Jeep branded vehicles, we have added more than 11,200 U.S. jobs since 2009. Plants producing Jeep branded vehicles alone have seen the number of people invested in the success of the Jeep brand grow to more than 9,300 hourly jobs from 4,700. This will increase by an additional 1,100 as the Liberty successor, which will be produced in Toledo, is introduced for global distribution in the second quarter of 2013.

snip

we committed that the iconic Wrangler nameplate, currently produced in our Toledo, Ohio plant, will never see full production outside the United States.

Jeep assembly lines will remain in operation in the United States and will constitute the backbone of the brand.

It is inaccurate to suggest anything different.

I bolded the part for SHADY AND Scribbet who keep posting some unsourced BS article from business insider about Italy. Straight from the horses mouth ROMNEY and SHADY are LIARS. I expect a response of no one because I know when caught in a lie that conservatives run and hide.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121030/AUTO0101/210300401/

So it is Oct 30th and there is their plan THEY WILL MOVE NO JOBS MITTENS IS A LAIR. Over and done with.

Bloomberg is not B.S., it's a reputable source The ad said: http://www.dailyhera...ness/710309794/

“sold Chrysler to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China"

Bloomberg said they are in talks to add Jeep production in China - but Jeep production in North America will continue unchanged or will expand.

- Chrysler is having detailed conversations with China about making Jeeps in China, sounds like that they are about to make more Jeeps in China,

It's called Word- Smithing - and it's all political semantics over words, whichever side can get it out louder and faster wins.

http://watchdog.org/...plaining-to-do/

Last week, it looked as if Republican presidential challenger Mitt Romney and his campaign were overly aggressive in their criticism of President Barack Obama and his administration’s 2009 bailout of Chrysler.

Now it looks like a case of “right story, wrong country.”

Bloomberg reported on Oct. 22 that Fiat, Chrysler’s Italy-based, post-bailout owner, ”plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country.”

The report made it clear that the company’s discussion with its Chinese partner, Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., was about manufacturing Jeeps and other vehicles in China for the Chinese market.

http://www.businessw...y-19-billion#p1

All is not that cut and dried, but carry on... I'm done here there are always two or more sides to an issue.

Edited by scribblet